PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Members!

Shaun
01-10-2009, 02:51 PM
Would anyone care to link to the Mobile Disco Directory with a customised banner? Example below...

Standard colour is blue, but if you would like an alternative colour to match your website that can be arranged.

Just send me an email with your business name and wesbsite address, and once the banner is complete we'll upload it to our server and send you the HTML code to enter into your website. :)

Please remember to state which size (small or large) you would like.

[email protected]

Rowleys
01-10-2009, 03:00 PM
Hmm might as well ..

also if im advertising you on my site do i get any advertising of you cheaper ??

Leicester Ben
01-10-2009, 03:01 PM
I dont get this, why would a DJ want to spend all the time and effort getting potential customers to his site and then provide them to a link where they can search around for more DJ's.

Am I missing something?

Shaun
01-10-2009, 03:07 PM
In addition...

Everyone that links to us either via a text link or banner link will be eligable for our prize draw

Once your link (text or banner) is live on your site, look out for the forthcoming topic in the Forum Announcements where you can notify us that you've added a link back to the MDD. Then every six months we'll pick a winner in the Prize Draw. The winner will receive a Premium Listing on the directory for a year.

also if im advertising you on my site do i get any advertising of you cheaper ??

Unfotunately not, but you will be eligibale for the Prize Draw as outlined above. :beer1:

DJWilson
01-10-2009, 03:12 PM
Nice, ill email your later Shaun with the colour etc. Thanks.

Excalibur
01-10-2009, 05:46 PM
I'll have to ask my IT department about this. ( Basically cos I don't understand a word of it! ) :o :o :o

Penfold42
01-10-2009, 05:51 PM
I'll have to ask my IT department about this. ( Basically cos I don't understand a word of it! ) :o :o :o
Your not the only one....:o

Must be coz we are thick northerners....:p :D

I'll sort it....thanks Shaun. :)

DeckstarDeluxe
01-10-2009, 07:41 PM
Gotta argee with Ben on this one it doesnt make any sense to provide links to a site where they can access hundreds of other djs?

No offence.

Tom
01-10-2009, 07:44 PM
Just as a little note, I find it a little hard to read the writing under the mobilediscodirectory.co.uk

Corabar Entertainment
01-10-2009, 07:50 PM
There are plenty of listing sites that INSIST that you provide such a banner on your website in order to get a free listing. We haven't gone that route, but we are asking for members support and co-operation as it will benefit us all in the long run.

The more links there are out there, the higher in search engine rankings MDD will get, the more potential customers there will be visiting the directory, and the more enquiries you will get from the site.

That's why you should add it to your site.

:D

Solitaire Events Ltd
01-10-2009, 07:51 PM
Gotta argee with Ben on this one it doesnt make any sense to provide links to a site where they can access hundreds of other djs?

No offence.

And you don't suppose of someone has found you on the net they haven't already looked at loads of other sites anyway, so what difference does it make?

simonp
01-10-2009, 07:52 PM
I'll have some of that please - red(ish) background - large banner - top bit reading

floorfillerz are supporters and members of

nice one :D

DeckstarDeluxe
01-10-2009, 07:53 PM
And you don't suppose of someone has found you on the net they haven't already looked at loads of other sites anyway, so what difference does it make?

Most of them yes they would of but why would you post a link to another site?

Dont get me wrong I think its a great site but it doesnt make good buisness sense?

Solitaire Events Ltd
01-10-2009, 07:54 PM
I'll have some of that please - red(ish) background - large banner - top bit reading

floorfillerz are supporters and members of

nice one :D

Send your details to Shaun, don't forget. :)

Corabar Entertainment
01-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Most of them yes they would of but why would you post a link to another site?

Dont get me wrong I think its a great site but it doesnt make good buisness sense?This is why:

There are plenty of listing sites that INSIST that you provide such a banner on your website in order to get a free listing. We haven't gone that route, but we are asking for members support and co-operation as it will benefit us all in the long run.

The more links there are out there, the higher in search engine rankings MDD will get, the more potential customers there will be visiting the directory, and the more enquiries you will get from the site.

:DLong run, it makes GREAT business sense and by co-operaing, we will ALL benefit.

Dynamic Entertainment
01-10-2009, 08:47 PM
It makes perfect business sense though as reciprocal (think thats how its spelt) links increase the SEO of both sites (yours and the directory), so as has been said, its good for both.

In addition, do you think that all your customers find you via your direct site? And if so (because your at the top of the google list) dont you think its SEO that gets, and keeps, you there. If not...they have access to hundreds of other djs anyway on all the sites that they found you on ;)

I would have one, but prefer text links as i hate having hundreds of different banners on sites that are a multitude of colours...atleast here there offering to customise each one ;)

Shaun
01-10-2009, 08:54 PM
It makes perfect business sense though as reciprocal (think thats how its spelt) links increase the SEO of both sites (yours and the directory), so as has been said, its good for both.

In addition, do you think that all your customers find you via your direct site? And if so (because your at the top of the google list) dont you think its SEO that gets, and keeps, you there. If not...they have access to hundreds of other djs anyway on all the sites that they found you on ;)

Precisely! :beer1:

I would have one, but prefer text links

Steve, we wholeheartedly welcome texts link too. :)

:D

That pretty much sums it up. :)

Shaun
01-10-2009, 09:12 PM
Just as a little note, I find it a little hard to read the writing under the mobilediscodirectory.co.uk

Don't let a little thing like that put you off. That's easily altered, Tom. :d I could send you the html if you like. :D

SC Events
01-10-2009, 09:45 PM
I added the banner to my site when the forum got it's upgrade the other week.

Shaun
01-10-2009, 09:48 PM
I added the banner to my site when the forum got it's upgrade the other week.

Thank you for your support. :beer1:

Booche
01-10-2009, 09:55 PM
PM sent and thanks alot :):):)

Shaun
01-10-2009, 10:09 PM
PM sent and thanks alot :):):)

Banners complete and HTML in your PM box. Thanks for your support.:beer1:

Tom
01-10-2009, 10:10 PM
Don't let a little thing like that put you off. That's easily altered, Tom. :d I could send you the html if you like. :D

I was just saying in general. :)

Sure, sne dit over. :). My new website is nearly done so will give this to my bro to upload sometime over the weekend if he is free. :)

Jiggles
01-10-2009, 10:10 PM
See Shaun mines isn't working. There no such image on the MDD server.

Richie
01-10-2009, 10:15 PM

Can you pm me the HTML that we gave you so I can check it

Shaun
01-10-2009, 10:23 PM
Must be a glitch in the matrix. I've sent you another link that isn't working, Richie.

Shaun
01-10-2009, 10:24 PM
I was just saying in general. :)

I figured that. I thought I;d be cheeky and ask anyway. :d

Sure, sne dit over. :). My new website is nearly done so will give this to my bro to upload sometime over the weekend if he is free. :)

Wll do...and thank you.

Solitaire Events Ltd
01-10-2009, 10:24 PM
Rochie.

:confused: :D

Shaun
01-10-2009, 10:25 PM
Your quoting is quicker than my editing.

sted
01-10-2009, 10:29 PM
pm sent !

Jiggles
01-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Added. :)

JDB Entertainment
01-10-2009, 10:56 PM
PM Sent.

rob1963
01-10-2009, 10:58 PM
There are plenty of listing sites that INSIST that you provide such a banner on your website in order to get a free listing.

My website has one purpose and one purpose only, which is to sell MY services. That's why I operate the policy of having NO links to any other sites on my own website.

However, I'm more than happy to continue supporting & helping the MDD in other ways.

:)

Richie
01-10-2009, 11:12 PM

All working now :)

Leicester Ben
01-10-2009, 11:58 PM

It is worth pointing out that you dont need to have any reciprrocal links to have great search engine optimisation.

In addition, do you think that all your customers find you via your direct site? And if so (because your at the top of the google list) dont you think its SEO that gets, and keeps, you there. If not...they have access to hundreds of other djs anyway on all the sites that they found you on

I can only speak for myself, but the vast majority of people come direct from google or yell.com. Its good SEO that makes me number 1 or 2 for all of my keywords, I have no outgoing links from my site to anybody!

I dont mean to stir up any trouble here, and if people want to put a link on their site to a directory full of other DJ's then thats their call, as a business man however I think its crazy!!!

Richie
02-10-2009, 12:16 PM
It is worth pointing out that you dont need to have any reciprrocal links to have great search engine optimisation.

Absolutely correct and it was wrong to suggest this. What this site does is promote standards within the industry and by helping us to promote the site makes us more visible to other DJ's and prosepective disco clients where they may be educated into not booking £60 Sid.

We are by no means demanding links but kindly asking for your optional support. We don't mind people linking to their site in the forum, all we are asking is, if you want to, is to add a banner for the site.

Corabar Steve
02-10-2009, 12:44 PM
We are by no means demanding links but kindly asking for your optional support. We don't mind people linking to their site in the forum
Unlike certain other listings sites & forums I could mention

Shaun
15-10-2009, 10:54 AM
*Bump*

Thank you to those that have kindly offered to display our banner.

Any other takers? Leave a message after the tone and I'll sort a banner out for you. :beer1:

SC Events
15-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Could you make a blue and white one, to match my website Shaun? :D

Happy Jack
15-10-2009, 11:11 AM
Any other takers? Leave a message after the tone and I'll sort a banner out for you. :beer1:

Sorry to be a pain, Shaun (!). I have a vertical channel on my links page for images and such-like...

Any chances you could make up a skyscraper variant of the banner, at least 148px wide? Is that borderline rude? Colour no issue...

:o

Shaun
15-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Could you make a blue and white one, to match my website Shaun? :D

PM sent

Sorry to be a pain, Shaun (!). I have a vertical channel on my links page for images and such-like...

Any chances you could make up a skyscraper variant of the banner, at least 148px wide? Is that borderline rude? Colour no issue...

:o

I don't imagine that'll be a problem, I just need to double check with Richie as I presume he'll have to do his magic with the coding to allow the alternative sizes. I'll get back to you. :beer1:

Thanks guys.

Anyone else?

Happy Jack
15-10-2009, 01:45 PM
I don't imagine that'll be a problem, I just need to double check with Richie as I presume he'll have to do his magic with the coding to allow the alternative sizes. I'll get back to you.

Sure. No rush at all! Very grateful!

:beer1:

Shaun
15-10-2009, 01:53 PM
No problem, glad to help.

--------------------------

Just a quick reminder. Everyone that displays a banner will be eligable for entry into the prize draw. Prize value: £60.00.

In addition...

Everyone that links to us either via a text link or banner link will be eligable for our prize draw

Once your link (text or banner) is live on your site, look out for the forthcoming topic in the Forum Announcements where you can notify us that you've added a link back to the MDD. Then every six months we'll pick a winner in the Prize Draw. The winner will receive a Premium Listing on the directory for a year.

Shaun
25-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Hi Jack,

Do you have a preference on height for the custom banner?

Happy Jack
25-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Hey Shaun,

No, no preference at all! Thanks again.

:approve:

Shaun
25-10-2009, 01:54 PM
Sent. Thank you for your support. :beer1:

1st Choice Karaoke
25-10-2009, 04:44 PM
I'll put one on. Can it be the same size as the facebook one on my links page? Standard colour is fine... cheers.

Shaun
25-10-2009, 05:28 PM
I'll put one on. Can it be the same size as the facebook one on my links page? Standard colour is fine... cheers.

PM sent. Cheers.

Shaun
07-11-2009, 11:05 AM
Any other takers?

simonp
07-11-2009, 11:08 AM
Yup, one in the same colours your currently designing my logo in please

Shaun
07-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Yup, one in the same colours your currently designing my logo in please

Will do. Which size, 488x60?

Corabar Entertainment
07-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Shaun

Within the next couple of weeks, I will be posting up the new website.

I'd love customised banner to go on it, so could you do me a large one please?

Blue might not be the best colour for me though... any chance of a green one? (If you want to know what green I am using so that you can pick a green to match - ie a lighter version or whatever - let me know... plus if there's any other info you want)

Shaun
07-01-2010, 01:01 PM
No problem, Angela. It may be a week or so before I can do it, my main PC (which has all my grafx apps on it) is in the PC repair shop at the mo'.

:beer1:

Corabar Entertainment
07-01-2010, 01:39 PM
No problem Shaun.... any time you're ready :D