PDA

View Full Version : What will you do to support this site?

Corabar Entertainment
02-10-2009, 01:20 AM
Just following on from different threads recently, there have been various ways posted up showing how members can help support this site (ie become a supporting member for £1 per month; help compile the venue database; add a banner to your own website, etc).

This site needs the support of its members in order to continue to be the valuable resource that it is, and to continue to grow and add more for your benefit.

I can understand (although not necessarily agree) with why any particular member would not want/cannot contribute in one or more of the ways on offer, so, my question is:

I think that any regular member of this site would agree that this site is a great resource for DJs new and old, but many probably do not realise how much time and money it takes to keep it running and expanding and adding new features, etc.... so, if you can support us via one of the methods mentioned above it would be brilliant, but, if (for whatever reason) you feel you cannot do any of the above....what would you be prepared to do to support this site (other than just posting on the forum)?

DJMaxG
02-10-2009, 06:02 AM
I shall probably eventually purchase a Gold/Premium Listing, maybe a banner, and most likely (at some point) become an 'MDD Supporter'

I think we all "support" the site by becoming members, otherwise there wouldn't be an MDD/MDA :)

Max

NKR
02-10-2009, 07:35 AM
I will eventually when I get a minute do the whole of the Lancashire venue database for you, but I have a list of over 40 venues we have worked at to add. I have done one, but will get some more on soon.

discomobiledj
02-10-2009, 11:10 AM
I shall probably eventually purchase a Gold/Premium Listing, maybe a banner, and most likely (at some point) become an 'MDD Supporter'

I think we all "support" the site by becoming members, otherwise there wouldn't be an MDD/MDA :)

Max

Must........not........respond........!!!!!!!

Seriously, because of my work patterns it's very hard to justify paying out for listings etc on here. It's a shame because I love djing but just don't get the time anymore. Happy to help out on the venue database inbetween 12 hour shifts and sleeping though!

rob1963
02-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Other than posting on the forum, I pay my £1 a month to help support the site and have offered to increase that amount, but was politely declined.

Other than that, I've recently spent over 18 hours adding 100 venues to the new database to help get it off to a good start.

I hope this makes up for not adding a link to the directory on my website.

:)

Corabar Entertainment
02-10-2009, 02:56 PM
Absolutely Rob! You contribute in several ways (as do many others) and all contributions are very much appreciated (whether it's time, and/or money, and/or displaying a banner). This idea of this thread was not to push people to feel that they have to make contributions in all available ways, but merely to ask those who find this site a useful resource but are not helping out thus far, how they feel they could contribute and put a little something back to make sure it continues to develop. (ie Can you contribute in one of the current ways, and, if not, what do you think you could do?)

The site tries to raise the bar, so to speak, for DJs and is built upon the spirit of co-operation, sharing, and helping each other.

Solitaire Events Ltd
02-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Other than posting on the forum,

I thought the question was, "What do you do to support the site"? :D

Corabar Steve
02-10-2009, 05:22 PM
You thought wrong then :sj:

rob1963
02-10-2009, 07:43 PM
I thought the question was, "What do you do to support the site"? :D

:boxer2: