PDA

View Full Version : Windows mediaplayer playlists in VDJ - possible?

Jonny Boy
02-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Have still had little time to experiment with VDJ.... but now know just enough to be dangerous. ;)

MY QUESTION - Will VDJ "read" windows media playlist (wpl) files and load the songs in these to VDJ's playlist/automix and/or library panes? (BTW -Filepath of mp3s will be the same, wpl created from same drive.)

(It's SO easy to add a song to multiple wpl's with a few clicks that this seem like the quickest way to make some kind of sense of my collection.)

(ie put Mousse T's "Horney" into "Latin Party" , "90s" and "Brassy Tunes!" )

DJMaxG
02-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Atomix Virtual DJ will play
WAV - 1411kbps
Standard MP3 - any bit rate

AAC etc - Unknown

If you create a playlist in WMP/ITunes, then I don't think it will read it, But the tracks will definately play (if compatible files)

I have stopped using WMP to rip tracks, and now use ITunes as it recognises filenames/tags better.

But if I was using VDJ, I would create Playlists in there :)

SC Events
02-10-2009, 10:20 PM
Virtual DJ will play almost any file format as long as you have the codecs installed.

As far as using Windows Media Player to make a playlist and then transferring it Virtual DJ, I think won't work.

Just open up Virtual DJ, drag your songs over to the right hand side list pane and hey-presto, there is your playlist.

DJ Jules
02-10-2009, 10:39 PM
Well, there was always one easy way to answer the question...

I've tried it, Virtual DJ doesn't recognise Windows playlist (.wpl) files, but it does recognise .m3u playlists (which Windows Media Player can save playlists as).

Just drag/drop a .m3u over to Virtual DJ's playlist window and it'll list the tracks.

Julian

DJMaxG
03-10-2009, 12:23 AM
Just open up Virtual DJ, drag your songs over to the right hand side list pane and hey-presto, there is your playlist.

and then you can save the Playlist and Open it whenever :p

Corabar Entertainment
03-10-2009, 12:31 AM
Max: may I ask how much experience of VDJ do you have?

DJMaxG
03-10-2009, 12:45 AM

I have used it for :
Audio
Video
Minor Karaoke

tried the clip bank, effects, Looping, Automix functions, setting playlists.
I have used it quite a few times, some of which - several hours at a time.

My first impressions of it were "something from the cerial packet", but having used it a few times, I began to take it more seriously, as I mainly use CDs.

discomobiledj
03-10-2009, 03:46 AM

I have used it for :
Audio
Video
Minor Karaoke

tried the clip bank, effects, Looping, Automix functions, setting playlists.
I have used it quite a few times, some of which - several hours at a time.

My first impressions of it were "something from the cerial packet", but having used it a few times, I began to take it more seriously, as I mainly use CDs.

In his bedroom!

I do feel Max's username is a tad misleading....maybe it should be changed to Not A DJMaxG or Bedroom DJMaxG? :D

DJMaxG
03-10-2009, 04:19 AM
In his bedroom!

I do feel Max's username is a tad misleading....maybe it should be changed to Not A DJMaxG or Bedroom DJMaxG? :D

There's many things that your username should be changed to, and they are far too rude for this forum!

discomobiledj
03-10-2009, 05:35 AM
You don't get it Bedroom DJ Max, you site in your bedroom playing songs on your PC then give everyone your "expert" opinion.

Out of your 789 posts there must be 750 of incorrect comments.

Solitaire Events Ltd
03-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Enough.

Discomobiledj please get off Max's case and leave the moderating of the forum to us.

Max, please try and comment only on issues you have experience of and are sure of your answers.

Excalibur
03-10-2009, 11:02 AM
Enough.

Discomobiledj please get off Max's case and leave the moderating of the forum to us.

Max, please try and comment only on issues you have experience of and are sure of your answers.

Echo that.