PDA

View Full Version : Volume Normalising

DJMaxG
02-10-2009, 11:49 PM
as you'll know, a track that has been recorded some time ago sounds quieter than a CD bought today.

Is it possible to scan every track on your HDD and set every track volume to the same?

Is there any software where you can import music and normalise it all?

SC Events
03-10-2009, 12:19 AM
I have set Virtual DJ to 'normalise' every track to 0db.

Corabar Steve
03-10-2009, 01:26 AM
MP3 Gain

DJMaxG
03-10-2009, 02:02 AM
I have set Virtual DJ to 'normalise' every track to 0db.
Yep, I have used that before - very useful :approve:

But I really meant so the track files are fixed at the same volume.

MP3 Gain

Will that set all the quiet tracks to a modern recorded volume or make them all quiet like the older records, out of interest?

Corabar Steve
03-10-2009, 02:28 AM
It will set them all to a db level that you choose

DJMaxG
03-10-2009, 03:25 AM
It will set them all to a db level that you choose

Great info Steve :approve:

one of your more pleasent posts :p

Corabar Steve
03-10-2009, 11:58 AM
I can be very pleasant when I want to be. :P

Excalibur
03-10-2009, 12:13 PM
I can be very pleasant when I want to be. :P

Just don't make him angry. You wouldn't like him when he's angry. ;) :D :D

DeckstarDeluxe
03-10-2009, 02:29 PM
I kept looking into doing this but if you have a big music collection you would need to check each file to make sure it did it correctly and it sounds right. Plus I know pretty much most of my files off by heart when they have quiet intros, when the vocal kicks in and which ones are quite quiet but I do check each one before I play them anyway.

Now to open a can of worms..............

Do you have the right to in effect "edit" the copyright material? Not as in produb but the protection of the file that doesnt allow you to remix it etc... with prior permission? Petty I know but im just throwing it out there

spin mobile disco
03-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Same as Steve I use MP3 gain and find it very handy as if you do not like the result it has an undo function to set them all back again.

Dynamic Entertainment
03-10-2009, 06:19 PM
I use Platinum Notes. It festches parts out in the song that you never knew existed. And sets the volume at -13db...and you can laod your whole collection in and leave it running. :)

Corabar Steve
04-10-2009, 06:59 AM
Do you have the right to in effect "edit" the copyright material? Not as in produb but the protection of the file that doesnt allow you to remix it etc... with prior permission? Petty I know but im just throwing it out there
You're not editing it, you are in effect turning it up or down.

DJMaxG
25-10-2009, 01:55 AM
Does anyone know (purely by interest) what the approximate default DB Setting is for modern tracks?

Do any of these work with 1411kbps WAV Files?