PDA

View Full Version : BPM - your thoughts and the after show party

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-10-2009, 01:55 PM
I thought I'd start a new thread to get people's thoughts on the show, who you met, where you went after and to get those all important piccys and vids up.

Well, the day for me started at 9am after 4 hours sleep when Lee, my driver :D , picked me for Birmingham. We got to the Hotel a couple hours later after having stopped for a light salad in Burger King on the way.

When we arrived, the first people we met were a couple of foreigners from Scottish land. One was an attractive girl, who turned out to be Pam (DJ Missbehaving) and the other turned out to be Mr DMC karaoke, who we needed to get a translator in for. :D

Anyway, we couldn't check in as our rooms weren't ready so the receptionist gave us directions and said the NEC was 5 minutes walk away. 40 minutes later, we arrived at the show, knackered and in need of a drink. I had also lost my ticket by this point....:o , but still managed to get in.

After numerous texts and phone calls, we met with some of the usual suspects. The first were Excalibur, with his whippets and flat cap, Tom and his go-faster stripes and Rob 'You really should stop talking to take a breath ocassionally' James. :sj:

I have to say a big thank you to Peter (Excalibur) at this point as despite his self deprecation as a miserly Yorkshireman, he supplied the after show party with a crate of beer and me with my own box too. Thank you Peter. (Mine unfortunately has driven it's way down to Kent in the boot of Tom's car, but I will get it hopefully at the next SEDA meeting)

We walked round the show for about30 minutes and met Adam Forgie on the Pioneer stand, who showed me how to use the new Pioneer CDJ 2000s, which are very pretty. :p :D

We saw JamesH and his new little booth and his impressive remote control light colour changer thingy. (Ask him about it!)

I had a lovely photograph with Steve (FDDJ) which I will scan and post at a later date. He'll look forward to that. Then we spied a bar and kind of didn't leave it really after that. :o

In there I had the pleasure of the following members company, Deckstar Neil, Corabar Ang and Steve, Tony Penmare, Scott SJS, Steve Sted, Danno, Visual DJ Max and a whole lot of other people who I can't remember after a lack of sleep...

After being ushered from the show, it was back to the Hotel for a quick change and meet with all the others. There was a few lads from Ian Forest's forum and from the Welsh branch of NADJ and we all got on really well. It was great to see so many members of different forums all meeting and bothering to make the effort, especially Dave and Pam who drove for over 5 hours to get to the show.

Taxi's ordered, we all then went to Jimmy Spices, enjoyed the food and company and spent about 2 hours sorting out the bill!

On from there, we all met in Lloyds bar and got down to a few funky grooves :eek: :D whilst having a few more drinks. Some of the older of us were feeling a bit out of our depth, so decided to go to Reflex.

Highlights of the evening....

Pam pole dancing
Me and Jeff Wood doing rappers delight
Neil Deckstar falling AOT and landing on his head off the revolving dance floor

I'l let the others tell their stories and post the piccys. Mine to be uploaded later....

SC Events
05-10-2009, 02:10 PM
Sounds like you had an interesting night!

It was good to meet up with you all again...Oh and Neil................

.............You muppet!! lol :D :D :D

rob1963
05-10-2009, 02:33 PM
I thought I'd start a new thread to get people's thoughts on the show, who you met, where you went after and to get those all important piccys and vids up.

As requested, here is the response from Rob "You really should shop talking to take a breath occasionally" James.

My Sunday started when the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly time of 6.45am. Having made myself look & smell lovely, I drove to Epsom and picked up my mate at 8.00am. Thanks partly to clear motorways and partly to a bit of speeding we arrived just after 10.00am.

As it was too early to go to the actual show, we wandered down the corridor and found somewhere where we could get a nice healthy full English brekky & coffee. Suitably refreshed, we headed into the show at 11am and then split up to do our own thing.

The first thing that struck me was the relevance of BPM to the mobile DJ compared to PLASA, so I'll definately be attending BPM instead of PLASA each year in future.

As well as seeing the stands, it was good to meet Sted, Adam F, Scott (SJS) and Peter (Excalibur) all for the first time...as well as Darren, Steve (FDDJ) and Tom...all of whom I'd met several times before.

Due to working last night, I left the show shortly after 1.30pm, after a thoroughly enjoyable time. Having dropped off my friend & loaded the quiz stuff into the van, I had time to sit down & relax for a good hour before hitting the road again to head off to my pub quiz in Isleworth.

Best things about the day: The full English breakfast (my first on a Sunday for many years), meeting a number of MDD forum people, touching the "Dawn of a new species" and seeing the promo girls. :P

Biggest mystery of the day: Not getting to meet Deckstar Deluxe, despite him sending me a text telling me which stand he was as & what he was wearing. I was in the same place, but could not see him anywhere. Even Adam F (who knew what he looked like) failed to spot him when he tried to point him out to me.

Biggest disappointments of the day: Not meeting Charlie Brown (as he was unable to get transport to the show) and not being able to stay...so missing out on the evening entertainment including the pole dancing.

Looking forward to next year's show already!

:D

Lee
05-10-2009, 03:23 PM
Well, the day for me started at 9am after 4 hours sleep when Lee, my driver your driver lol i will have to get a drivers hat now lol

Penfold42
05-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Managed to get to the hotel at 11pm and checked in right away. :D ....flattered the nice lady behind the desk...Job done!

After a 2.5hr trek to find BPM :eek: ....Daz is right a good 30-40 mins walk from hotel. (and I lied about getting to the hotel at 11 - I just left Lincoln then)

Got in BPM at 1:30...about the same time Rob left....:thumbsup: :D . Met the usual crowd hovering around some crappy looking deck stand :sofa: BTW it looked the best i've seen it over the year or so - :approve:

Paid a trip to the silent disco area.....what is all that about :wacko:
Couple of good DJ spinning so funky house, boom, boom music - then after 15minutes knowing ABBA or YMCA or anything else good was going to come on I made my way round and found the bar.....:beer1: :D

After a few quick beers, was then delighted to see Neil run (the quickest i've ever seen anyone run) to the Pioneer stand to TRY and wangle a mixer at a knock down price......but he was too slow.....I already PM'ed them. :p

I met Max at the bar - not really what I exspected no disrespect but you looked a lot young than I thought. :)
He then proceeded to film all of us at the bar - may I say thanks for making me look a bald, old and fat bloke ......like a proper DJ! :eek: :D
Also met Pam and some other Scottish guy who I could not understand - and that problem just got worse over the night. ;) :D
Also met Peter in the bar and may I just say a big up for this bloke as he provided a large portion of ale for the after drinks in the hotel - The Red Pig was superb....:beer1: :beer1:

After the show - well what we saw :p - we all headed off to the hotel (this took 1hr allowing for 'rush hour' traffic!) for a guick hose down and change.

Some 20+ DJ's decided to get in pre-ordered taxi's and talk the finer things over in the taxi but before we had chance to start the conversation our driver for the night wanted to try out reverse gear - much to the horror of Tom in his Fiesta - :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

The taking got to Acappella and the Latin name....I think a racing driver got named as well.....'Botton'....:eek: ;) :D
Got into to and some taxi driver had an argument with a bus.....that for me was the most bizzare event i've ever seen it was also one of the funniest.:D

We had a bit a fodder and an aguement over the bill....I ate tooooooo much! :o I couldn't drink anymore beer and only wanted to fall asleep in Lloyds bar with 'nice tunes' playing...:bang:

Moved to Reflex and party time....:DJ: ...what a show, No I mean the DJ :p .....finished the evening off really well....
DJ had been told there was 20+ DJ's in the room...to which he replied 'Good job i'm :Censored: not then...' :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

visualdjmax
05-10-2009, 04:47 PM
I met Max at the bar - not really what I exspected no disrespect but you looked a lot young than I thought. :)
He then proceeded to film all of us at the bar - may I say thanks for making me look a bald, old and fat bloke ......like a proper DJ! :eek: :D

No disrespect at all.:D I get it all of the time. Especially site visits and meetings!!!!!! Nice to meet you though mate:beer1:

Penfold42
05-10-2009, 04:48 PM
:lol:

Penfold42
05-10-2009, 04:51 PM
No disrespect at all.:D I get it all of the time. Especially site visits and meetings!!!!!! Nice to meet you though mate:beer1:

Yep nice to meet you ...:beer1:

visualdjmax
05-10-2009, 04:54 PM
:lol:

Darren did actually get round then?

Tom
05-10-2009, 05:09 PM
Well for me, I got up at 9pm (the time I wanted to leave. :(. Left my 10 and made it at the NEC around 12pm.

Met up with Peter first thing as he was waiting for me. lol.

Went in, watched a few DJ's on the entrance stand and the rather nice looking lady handing out flyers and posters. :tongue2: lol

Met up with Rob, had a little chat, then Darren and Lee soon followed in. Lee and I soon walked off so we could take a good old look around the show.

Was really good to be honest and saw everything I wanted to see but didn't see anything that really stood out apart from the new CDJ 2000.

After the show I drive Steve, Angela, Darren and Lee in my car which apparently has go faster stripes (where I have no idea, might be on the seats the way I was driving, ;)) :lol:

Had a quick shower then we all headed out to go rave it up in Birmingham, but food had to come first. :thumbsup:

After a really nice buffet at Jimmy Spices (now that was a bill, lol) we headed to Lloyds Bar.

Someone had the idea of writing the cheesiest set list ever possible. Must of been around 30 odd cheesy tracks on there, Lee took it up, the DJ had a good look but sadly didn't play any of them. I'm sure all of us were up for a bit of Cha Cha slide. lol. :D :D :D

We stayed for a few hours I think and we then headed over the road to Reflex. Really :Censored: should system but if your drunk, you don't really care. As I don't drink I had to listen to it all night. lol.

Got so many pictures and videos of from in there so will get them posted up.

Pam, you got some moves on that pole. :eek: ;) :o :D

After we got back from the club, well all stayed up to 4am talking about anything. Good times. :D

Woke up (forgot what time), shower and cleaned up, went downstairs to check out and so where Corabar Steve and Angela. Had a little chat outside for a bit then we all went on our ways.

Steve and Angela, did you see me go past on the M6??? ;) :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-10-2009, 05:16 PM
One I didn't mention and something just prompted me, was thanking Tom for all the lifts here and there.

Thanks Tom!

sted
05-10-2009, 05:22 PM
Well the day started for me at 7am as I had to meet rowly mobile entertainment at 10am so he could collect the speakers from me.

Managed to find me way to the show and met up with rob had a quick walk round then went out side to meet up with Angela and Steve.

Then the afternoon kind of disappeared in the bar with the others.

Back to the hotel shower and changed then down to meet the others at the bar before we went off for food.

Lloyds bar confused me was a bit like all the gear but no idea full martin lighting apart from the prosound? Laser lol and the extremely :Censored: speakers.

Off to reflex were the night really began and yes I think the :beer1: took over with a lot of the group and the music just got cheesier and cheesier lol great night.

Highlights
Meeting people off the forum and realising that no one was like I imagined.

Pam acting like a real lady with wind coming out of every place imaginable lol

Can’t wait till the next meet up and am not sure if I want to have a look at the pics lol

this morning after going to bed at 4am up at 7am and back to Liverpool to start work at 9am lol not a good day. I should have taken it off.

Overall great day and night!!!!:D :D :thumbs_up:

Danno13
05-10-2009, 05:51 PM
Don't know where to start really! All in all, a cracking day and night - probably one of the best DJ night outs we've had too - counted 30 of us when we were waiting for the taxis and a couple more joined us later in the night too! Karaoke, mad dancing & chauffer driven back to the hotel too :D

Steve, I feel your pain! I really didn't want to get up at 7.30 this morning, managed to make it into college for 9.15 though, so only half an hour late!

Pics and videos are being dealt with :D Been invited/forced out to Worcester tonight too.. :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: so will probably end up extending the hangover for the rest of the week!

jamesh
05-10-2009, 06:13 PM
Did put this one on the other post but thought it may be better on here if this was the feedback thread lol

Yep i have to say what a great weekend!!!!

In my opinion well worth booking off the full weekend to be there. Im sure Mark or someone from the BPM can confirm but im sure it was a lot busier this year than any previous year and it was great to see people standing outside from 10.15 on saturday waiting to get in - think it caught a few off guard who were expecting a slow start on saturday morning.

As always the standard of females and outfits (well what there was of them) handing out flyers and on stands was amazing... definatly a service 2 (sorry bit of an in house joke between me luke and adam...think hotel charges lol)

Yes the show wasn't perfect but it was as near as it could be and seems to be building year on year. Well done to all the BPM team.

Having seen it from both sides as an exhibitor and as a DJ having a walk round (took a bit of time away from the deckstand booth stand!!! ) i thought it was great. The layout wasn't too cramped but it didn't feel sparse either - well done to the BPM team as it would have been so easy to try and spread stands out a lot more just to make it look a bigger show. I agree with some of the comments above though and yes it would have been nice to get a few other exhibitors there but that will come with time and at the end of the day it was their loss not being there and i do think BPM will continue to grow into the main show for the DJ industry.

A big thanks to everyone that came over and said hi too - didnt get a great deal of time to chat but as It was really unknown teritory for us to have a stand this year but i'm really please we went with it. The reaction from retailers and djs was great and we've made some very useful contacts for future development of the deckstand booth pro range and some new products and accessories too.

It was also great to get more feedback on both the deckstand booth pro and the new Micro Deckstand Booth as well as our wireless LED RGB flexistrip lighting - it was just a shame i couldn't get the white wool serge LED starcloth for the deckstand booth in time to show off... (it's the same as the standard LED starcloth we do for the booth from the factory in china but in white wool serge) but im sure the photos and videos will be put up as soon as i can and it will be displayed at future shows.

Sorry if i didn't get too long to chat or missed anyone, not to mention getting names wrong and on occasions not always knowing who i was talking to other than a forum member!!!

Also thanks to the SEDA members who managed to twist my arm into joining... (well more a frog marching over than twisting arms ) Seems they have had a good run recently with the plasa sign ups and BPM sign ups... and getting lots of awareness UK wide not just in the south - perhaps they should think about renaming to SEDA & Beyond, UK & SEDA or just simply UKDA as from chatting it seems they have a growning number of members that aren't based Down south

Was good to catch up with NADJ members too.

NOt sure the Ramada hotel knew what hit them either (not to mention Jimmy Spices) as after the show and a quick change there must have been something like 45 DJ's all in the bar from MDD and MDJF - which has to be one of the biggest forum gatherings in quite a while - i was just gutted that i couldn't stay for the meal and night out and sounds like i missed out on a really good night but sadly there is no way i would have made london for 9am had i have stayed let alone have my technical head on!... but sure i'll catch up with everyone soon which will probably be next year when the shows start all over again

We saw JamesH and his new little booth and his impressive remote control light colour changer thingy. (Ask him about it!)

What you mean these..... http://www.advancedeventdesigns.com/ledstriplights.htm which the remote worked from the other end of the hall to where the stand was :D

Jiggles
05-10-2009, 06:20 PM
Those strips would be interesting across the top bar of my lighting bar hmm. Sort of like an up lighting thing.

sted
05-10-2009, 06:24 PM
Those strips would be interesting across the top bar of my lighting bar hmm. Sort of like an up lighting thing.

tick, tock throughts and now in process lol

Steve the DJ
05-10-2009, 06:31 PM
I had a lovely photograph with Steve (FDDJ) which I will scan and post at a later date. He'll look forward to that.

I have put my copy on the bedside table... :heart1:

Not sure who the ginger bird was standing behind us though...:whistle:

Then we spied a bar and kind of didn't leave it really after that. :o

Well you didn't but I had people to see and a return journey to make!

My thoughts on the day were I enjoyed meeting up with lots of folk off the forums but found the actual show a bit disappointing to be honest.

Liked the Pioneer stuff (and the free 2GB USB sticks), rejoined NADJ and had a decent look at the Deckstand Booth Pro and it's little brother and some little bits on other stands, but they were the only real positives for me.

Didn't like paying £11.20 for a bottle of Bud and a dry, manky chicken burger in the Wetherspoons and if I am going to pay £8 to park I expect to leave my car next to the Pioneer stand... :D

There were a number of seminars that I wanted to attend that I couldn't as I was limited for time, but I will give it another go next year and go on the Saturday as well then stay over so I'm not in such a rush.

So not overly impressed but not totally negative about it either as I think it is partially my fault I didn't get as much out of it as I could of.

flatliners
05-10-2009, 06:50 PM
well for me set off at 8.30 down the m6 got lost went through 2 road tolls got there at 1.30 had a good look around drooled over the pioneer djm 500 talked to adam on the pioneer stand and and that welsh nutter ( dj tutor ).
and as for the silent disco thing i am not sure about bet they get through a lot of battries.
watched some lucky :Censored: walk away with 7500 pounds worth of kit in the prize draw then got lost on the way to where i was spending the night.
i think i need a sat nav
will have to try and meet more people from the forum next year

Penfold42
05-10-2009, 06:59 PM
One I didn't mention and something just prompted me, was thanking Tom for all the lifts here and there.

I'm not thanking him....you took my seat......:p ;) :D

I think I owe someone a couple of quid for a taxi into town...let me know, i'll square up next time. :) :D

sted
05-10-2009, 07:10 PM
I think I owe someone a couple of quid for a taxi into town...let me know, i'll square up next time. :) :D

dny worry about it mate.

jamesh
05-10-2009, 07:25 PM
I had a lovely photograph with Steve (FDDJ) which I will scan and post at a later date. He'll look forward to that. Then we spied a bar and kind of didn't leave it really after that. :o

I have put my copy on the bedside table... :heart1:

Not sure who the ginger bird was standing behind us though...:whistle:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

jamesh
05-10-2009, 07:27 PM
A few more

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

jamesh
05-10-2009, 07:28 PM
and a couple more...

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Jiggles
05-10-2009, 08:13 PM
OMG! DAMN DAMN DAMN! I wish i could to went now!!!! :mad: XD :D

SC Events
05-10-2009, 08:30 PM
I really struggled to look at the equipment, Callum :lol:

Jiggles
05-10-2009, 08:31 PM
:lol: What equipment... :d

DJmissbehaving
05-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Well for me, I got up at 9pm (the time I wanted to leave. :(. Left my 10 and made it at the NEC around 12pm.

Went in, watched a few DJ's on the entrance stand and the rather nice looking lady handing out flyers and posters. :tongue2: lol

Met up with Rob, had a little chat, then Darren and Lee soon followed in. Lee and I soon walked off so we could take a good old look around the show.

Was really good to be honest and saw everything I wanted to see but didn't see anything that really stood out apart from the new CDJ 2000.

After the show I drive Steve, Angela, Darren and Lee in my car which apparently has go faster stripes (where I have no idea, might be on the seats the way I was driving, ;)) :lol:

Had a quick shower then we all headed out to go rave it up in Birmingham, but food had to come first. :thumbsup:

After a really nice buffet at Jimmy Spices (now that was a bill, lol) we headed to Lloyds Bar.

Someone had the idea of writing the cheesiest set list ever possible. Must of been around 30 odd cheesy tracks on there, Lee took it up, the DJ had a good look but sadly didn't play any of them. I'm sure all of us were up for a bit of Cha Cha slide. lol. :D :D :D

We stayed for a few hours I think and we then headed over the road to Reflex. Really :Censored: should system but if your drunk, you don't really care. As I don't drink I had to listen to it all night. lol.

Got so many pictures and videos of from in there so will get them posted up.

Pam, you got some moves on that pole. :eek: ;) :o :D

After we got back from the club, well all stayed up to 4am talking about anything. Good times. :D

Woke up (forgot what time), shower and cleaned up, went downstairs to check out and so where Corabar Steve and Angela. Had a little chat outside for a bit then we all went on our ways.

There are so many reasons why that was my worst pole dancing performance ever.....
1)Alcohol= no chance
2) It was my first time doing it for a wee while
3)my dress
4) my lack of swinging space and
5) the cheeky dj putting me off.....
I did give it a bash though and for me showing off i now have glass in my feet due to taking my shoes off....

DJ Jules
05-10-2009, 09:19 PM
1)Alcohol= no chance
2) It was my first time doing it for a wee while
3) my dress
4) my lack of swinging space and

Yup, if you were wearing clothes, you were definitely doing it wrong :D

Julian

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-10-2009, 09:33 PM
There are so many reasons why that was my worst pole dancing performance ever.....

I'll let others be the judge of that when I post the video. :D

(Let's hope the one of me pole dancing doesn't make it though...:eek: )

visualdjmax
05-10-2009, 09:34 PM

You were dancing with a polish bloke!:D

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-10-2009, 09:36 PM
You were dancing with a polish bloke!:D

No, a Scottish woman....on a pole. ;)

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Is that you Max?

visualdjmax
05-10-2009, 09:45 PM
Is that you Max?

Stalker! Harry Potter on Drugs!:D :D :D :D :D

SC Events
05-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Max your age says 36, surely that can't be right? :eek:

I thought you were about 23(ish)

.........and in that picture, why weren't you looking about 45 degrees further round to your left?! :eek: ;) :D

visualdjmax
05-10-2009, 09:56 PM

Ha Ha very funny! :D :D :D I use Oil of Ulay. Yes I am 36.

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-10-2009, 10:00 PM

Creep....:boxer2:

SC Events
05-10-2009, 10:01 PM
No, It shocked me when I saw him, I was thinking that no way could he be 36!

.........Your only 24 aren't you Darren? :D :D :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-10-2009, 10:02 PM
OK, some of my photos for you now.

From my phone and people kept moving so a few are a little blurry!

Lucky the cable police didn't see this one! :eek:

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-10-2009, 10:06 PM
A few more of the boys, Scott, Sted, Neil, Luke, Phil and James.

More advertising for James. ;) and Tony with a large ball. :eek: :D

DeckstarDeluxe
05-10-2009, 10:12 PM
remind me to kick sted and scott in the nuts next time I see them

Oh and Steve too for getting me in reflex! talk about taking the wind out of my sails!

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Remember this Neil. You did have a big one! :sj:

DeckstarDeluxe
05-10-2009, 10:20 PM
Remember this Neil. You did have a big one! :sj:

Hahahaa the worse thing is before I even sat down everyone was laughing but thats how it came out!

I also get the feeling this isnt going to be the worse photo either.... :S

Penfold42
05-10-2009, 10:32 PM
Which one? Plenty to choose from.....:D :D :D :D

Ha Ha very funny! :D :D :D I use Oil of Ulay. Yes I am 36.

36....:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I feel an avater change comming on.......Cliff Richard anyone!!! :D

SC Events
05-10-2009, 10:40 PM
This thread has only been up 8.5 hours and it's already got 5 pages worth of comments lol. - BPM must've been good.

Anyways, where are these pictures and videos from last night? I want to see what I missed lol :D :D :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-10-2009, 10:51 PM
This thread has only been up 8.5 hours and it's already got 5 pages worth of comments lol. - BPM must've been good.

Anyways, where are these pictures and videos from last night? I want to see what I missed lol :D :D :D

Are you on Facebook Scott?

visualdjmax
05-10-2009, 10:51 PM
Which one? Plenty to choose from.....:D :D :D :D

36....:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I feel an avater change comming on.......Cliff Richard anyone!!! :D

Nice! Very Rock and Roll!

SC Events
05-10-2009, 10:57 PM
Are you on Facebook Scott?

Yes I am Darren.

I have a Profile for SJS Discos and a Profile for Me :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-10-2009, 11:00 PM
Yes I am Darren.

I have a Profile for SJS Discos and a Profile for Me :D

I thought we were friends...

I've uploaded a few piccys on there.

Add me!

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-10-2009, 11:20 PM
Well, the video of DJ Missbehaving pole dancing is on Facebook now, for those that are interested!

Penfold42
05-10-2009, 11:22 PM
Well, the video of DJ Missbehaving pole dancing is on Facebook now, for those that are interested!

*Makes a new window....in facebook*

:eek: :D

SC Events
05-10-2009, 11:23 PM
**Follows Tony's lead** :D :D

SC Events
05-10-2009, 11:25 PM
LOL! looks like I missed a fantastic party!

Penfold42
05-10-2009, 11:26 PM
LOL! looks like I missed a fantastic party!

You did mate....maybe next time....:D

DeckstarDeluxe
05-10-2009, 11:28 PM
can I just say I was bugging Scott at BPM to come out and telling him what a great crack it would be.

Not to rub it in peoples faces either but if you didnt come you miss a cracking night. Make sure your there next year!

SC Events
05-10-2009, 11:35 PM
You did mate....maybe next time....:D

The problem was Tony, by the time I got out of the NEC it was about 6pm, so it was getting close to my bedtime lol :D :D :D

Penfold42
05-10-2009, 11:36 PM
..or was it a car boot on Monday? :D

SC Events
05-10-2009, 11:38 PM
can I just say I was bugging Scott at BPM to come out and telling him what a great crack it would be.

Not to rub it in peoples faces either but if you didnt come you miss a cracking night. Make sure your there next year!

Neil said "I'll follow you back to yours in the van, bring you back to the hotel, we'll all go out together, then you can crash in my room and then I'll drop you back home in the morning on my way to work"

If the offer is still there in 12 months time Neil.....:D

Ah shut your face lol! :D

Tom
05-10-2009, 11:40 PM
I got a few pictures up on facebook now, so if your not my friend on there, add me and take a peek (under the name Thomas J Davis). Also got 3 videos I'm uploading. :D:D:D

DeckstarDeluxe
05-10-2009, 11:44 PM
Neil said "I'll follow you back to yours in the van, bring you back to the hotel, we'll all go out together, then you can crash in my room and then I'll drop you back home in the morning on my way to work"

If the offer is still there in 12 months time Neil.....:D

Ah shut your face lol! :D

Gotta love the wooden flooring!

Excalibur
05-10-2009, 11:47 PM
After numerous texts and phone calls, we met with some of the usual suspects. The first were Excalibur, with his whippets and flat cap, Tom and his go-faster stripes and Rob 'You really should stop talking to take a breath ocassionally' James. :sj:

I have to say a big thank you to Peter (Excalibur) at this point as despite his self deprecation as a miserly Yorkshireman, he supplied the after show party with a crate of beer and me with my own box too. Thank you Peter. (Mine unfortunately has driven it's way down to Kent in the boot of Tom's car, but I will get it hopefully at the next SEDA meeting)...

Oi you lot, if I see ant more posts referring to my generosity, I'll sue you for defamation of character. :boxer2: I'm sure you all know that a Yorkshireman is only a Scotsman with the generosity removed. ;)
As for your box, that was the final settlement for the mixer, as agreed at NADJ. I saved postage as well by bringing it. ;) :D

Too right I was, 33% discount that way. :D

Didn't like paying £11.20 for a bottle of Bud and a dry, manky chicken burger in the Wetherspoons and if I am going to pay £8 to park I expect to leave my car next to the Pioneer stand... :D

How the :Censored: did you spend £11 in Wetherspoons? Round here, that's enough for all night. :D

Good stuff that Red Pig, eh? Should be for nearly 39p a bottle. ;) :D

I've been really grumpy today, cos I didn't get to stay over. :( :( :(
Ah well, next year maybe.

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-10-2009, 11:50 PM
I got a few pictures up on facebook now, so if your not my friend on there, add me and take a peek (under the name Thomas J Davis). Also got 3 videos I'm uploading. :D:D:D

Oh dear....

DeckstarDeluxe
05-10-2009, 11:50 PM
That was a shame Peter but it was a pleasure to finally meet you and have a good old chin wag.

Thanks again for the beers didnt get to try one though as I was drinking stella knowing full well I had work in the morning!

Penfold42
05-10-2009, 11:57 PM
Managed to get to the hotel at 11pm and checked in right away. :D ....flattered the nice lady behind the desk...Job done!

After a 2.5hr trek to find BPM :eek: ....Daz is right a good 30-40 mins walk from hotel. (and I lied about getting to the hotel at 11 - I just left Lincoln then)

Got in BPM at 1:30...about the same time Rob left....:thumbsup: :D . Met the usual crowd hovering around some crappy looking deck stand :sofa: BTW it looked the best i've seen it over the year or so - :approve:

Paid a trip to the silent disco area.....what is all that about :wacko:
Couple of good DJ spinning so funky house, boom, boom music - then after 15minutes knowing ABBA or YMCA or anything else good was going to come on I made my way round and found the bar.....:beer1: :D

After a few quick beers, was then delighted to see Neil run (the quickest i've ever seen anyone run) to the Pioneer stand to TRY and wangle a mixer at a knock down price......but he was too slow.....I already PM'ed them. :p

Also met Pam and some other Scottish guy who I could not understand - and that problem just got worse over the night. ;) :D
Also met Peter in the bar and may I just say a big up for this bloke as he provided a large portion of ale for the after drinks in the hotel - The Red Pig was superb....:beer1: :beer1:

After the show - well what we saw :p - we all headed off to the hotel (this took 1hr allowing for 'rush hour' traffic!) for a guick hose down and change.

Some 20+ DJ's decided to get in pre-ordered taxi's and talk the finer things over in the taxi but before we had chance to start the conversation our driver for the night wanted to try out reverse gear - much to the horror of Tom in his Fiesta - :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

The taking got to Acappella and the Latin name....I think a racing driver got named as well.....'Botton'....:eek: ;) :D
Got into to and some taxi driver had an argument with a bus.....that for me was the most bizzare event i've ever seen it was also one of the funniest.:D

We had a bit a fodder and an aguement over the bill....I ate tooooooo much! :o I couldn't drink anymore beer and only wanted to fall asleep in Lloyds bar with 'nice tunes' playing...:bang:

Moved to Reflex and party time....:DJ: ...what a show, No I mean the DJ :p .....finished the evening off really well....
DJ had been told there was 20+ DJ's in the room...to which he replied 'Good job i'm :Censored: not then...' :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Oi you lot, if I see ant more posts referring to my generosity, I'll sue you for defamation of character. :boxer2: I'm sure you all know that a Yorkshireman is only a Scotsman with the generosity removed. ;)
As for your box, that was the final settlement for the mixer, as agreed at NADJ. I saved postage as well by bringing it. ;) :D

Too right I was, 33% discount that way. :D

How the :Censored: did you spend £11 in Wetherspoons? Round here, that's enough for all night. :D

Good stuff that Red Pig, eh? Should be for nearly 39p a bottle. ;) :D

I've been really grumpy today, cos I didn't get to stay over. :( :( :(
Ah well, next year maybe.

I think i deteted my post and left it....sorry you old fart!
Maybe next year with you and twinspin....:D

JDB Entertainment
06-10-2009, 12:07 AM

LOL!!!

Sorry I did not make BPM by the way gents and ladies(PAM ;) ) I had a gig on the Friday and Saturday, both required early setups aswell!

I know what DJ I am booking if I ever have a party.... *cough* Pam *cough* ;)

Tom
06-10-2009, 12:08 AM
Just wanted to post this up for Corabar Steve and Angela, Darren and Lee. :D:D:D

You should know this. lol.

YouTube - Adagio - "Fame"

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-10-2009, 12:15 AM
LOL!!!

Sorry I did not make BPM by the way gents and ladies(PAM ;) ) I had a gig on the Friday and Saturday, both required early setups aswell!

And?

This is a once a year thing and you're not even that far!

Poor excuse really.

JDB Entertainment
06-10-2009, 12:28 AM
work is work darren and unfortunately when I took these two bookings I didn't know it was BPM Weekend.

I will 100% be there next year though!

Corabar Steve
06-10-2009, 08:17 AM
Yes. Well we saw a black blur & I said to Angela "There goes Tom"

Excalibur
06-10-2009, 08:49 AM

I think i deteted my post and left it....sorry you old fart!
Maybe next year with you and twinspin....:D

Do you know how long I spent looking for that bit from you :Censored: ? :bang: :bang: :D :D

I think I may have to put Oct 2&3 in the diary as hols next year. 1st as well, if I can. :beer1: :beer1:

rob1963
06-10-2009, 08:56 AM

And?

This is a once a year thing and you're not even that far!

Poor excuse really.

Indeed.

JDB...you already LIVE in Birmingham!

Lots of us spent many hours on the road. You could have been there in no time at all!

:shrug:

Corabar Steve
06-10-2009, 09:09 AM
Due to working last night, I left the show shortly after 1.30pm,You just missed us we got to the entrance about 1:45 (we were actually in the NEC at 1:15 (5 mins from the hotel) what we didn't know was it was going to take half an hour to walk from the station end of the NEC to Hall 20.

We managed to check in an hour early too.

Also met Peter in the bar and may I just say a big up for this bloke as he provided a large portion of ale for the after drinks in the hotel - The Red Pig was superb....:beer1: :beer1: It was indeed

The look on the faces of reception staff was a picture as we left (already worst for wear) to go out for the night. I think they were hoping we didn't all arrive back at the same time :sj: Tom's car is a Focus & it did give us all a fright when we saw a LWB Transit coming backwards towards us

We had a bit a fodder and an aguement over the bill....Not so much an arguement, but it wasn't fair that the welsh guys had to pay the same as the rest of us as they only drunk water while we were there.
I couldn't drink anymore beer and only wanted to fall asleep in Lloyds bar with 'nice tunes' playing...:bang:

Lloyds was better than last time. Shame the DJ was having trouble with his videos. He didn't look to impressed with our request list.:sj:

Reflex was where the party really started. More pics & the videos later.

After the show I drive Steve, Angela, Darren and Lee in my car which apparently has go faster stripes (where I have no idea, might be on the seats the way I was driving, ;)) :lol:Yes, thanks for that. We owe you a case of Pepsi (or you could just sell Darren's beer)

After a really nice buffet at Jimmy Spices (now that was a bill, lol) £260 ish wasn't it?

As I don't drink You'd never have guessed it judging by the way you were acting. Now we know why you don't drink. If you're that mental when you're sober........

After we got back from the club, well all stayed up to 4am talking about anything. Good times. :D It was closer to 5 by the time Neil, Angela & Me went to our rooms

Thanks Tom!Indeed. We owe him big time

Well you didn't but I had people to see and a return journey to make! So it wasn't something we said

Good stuff that Red Pig, eh?Yes, & very appreciated

Thanks again for the beers didnt get to try one though as I was drinking stella knowing full well I had work in the morning!
Didn't stop you from staying up til nearly 5 am though did it:sj:

yourdj
06-10-2009, 09:11 AM
hi did not see anyone other than Paul. Nice day out with my girlfriend who really enjoyed it.

Was hoping to see something amazingly new but other than the pioneer stuff not really? but i did like this: :)

Corabar Steve
06-10-2009, 09:12 AM
A few more (Videos later)

rob1963
06-10-2009, 09:18 AM
You just missed us we got to the entrance about 1:45 (we were actually in the NEC at 1:15 (5 mins from the hotel) what we didn't know was it was going to take half an hour to walk from the station end of the NEC to Hall 20.

We couldn't have missed each other by more than a few minutes.

Never mind, Steve...hopefully next time.

Edit: With all these new piccys, I reckon we should re-start the caption competition!

Corabar Steve
06-10-2009, 09:37 AM
http://planetsmilies.net/sign-smiley-438.gif (http://planetsmilies.net)

Corabar Entertainment
06-10-2009, 11:03 AM
With the lack of sleep on Sunday night, I was pretty much wiped out yesterday! I also had a bit of a shock on Monday morning when I tried to get up.... apart from being very stiff/sore (alcohol is a great pain killer, but my back complains immensely the morning after!) .... I had blisters on the soles of both feet! OUCH!

Back in the land of the living today (just about) and have to echo what has already been said on here...... a fantastic time as had by all. TBH, I was only going for the social aspect (the fact that I got to the show, walked straight to the bar, got up on a bar stool, and got off it again after the show finished might have already given a few of you a clue about that! :p )

Tom: Thanks for all the lifts.... you're a star! :star:
Peter: I don't care what anyone says, I'll keep your image as a tight Yorkshireman intact and say nothing more on the subject :p

Fantastic to put a few more names to faces, and ys, it was definitely the best DJ gathering I've been to.

Oh.... and I'd just like to send out a big 'Thank you' to the lead person on the conga in Reflex. Thank you so much for going up a step in the conga line .... (which I didn't see in the dark in my inebriated state, tripped up it and fell down on to my knees) ..... I now have a bruise the size of a saucer on my right knee! :eek:

DeckstarDeluxe
06-10-2009, 11:14 AM
that was tom angela!

Gotta love the umbrella in the ear pic!

jeff wood
06-10-2009, 11:16 AM
I thought it was a great night,,

Only thing is, we ran out of places to go and ended in a dodgy late night pub called the tap and spiel or something.

actually it was ok,, there was a dj in there playing reggae and rnb etc, we asked him to play some old reggae and he was well up for that,,,

had a bumpy ride home in the back of a transit, bit different to the executive mercedes taxi that took there...

but great night,, pity reflex didnt spend more that £50 on their sound system, probably worst sound ive ever heard,, but then all reflex's sound like that,, my theory is that people only go to reflex when they're p!ssed so it doesnt matter:D

compare that to LLoyds bar with their megabucks nexo stuff...

oh and the food in LLoyds was absolutely fantastic,, i had a loooverly mixed grill, and those double vodka and monsters for £3.49 were fantastic,,,

Corabar Entertainment
06-10-2009, 11:20 AM
Should've come back to the hotel, everyone cam preprared with plenty of cans and bottles!

PS I don't know if anyone noticed, but the speakers were RCF in reflex.

that was tom angela!
Right.... I'm taking that star back Tom! LOL :p :D ;)

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Should've come back to the hotel, everyone cam preprared with plenty of cans and bottles!

PS I don't know if anyone noticed, but the speakers were RCF in reflex.

Actually, there was one RCF speaker where the DJ was, which sounded awful and the others in the other side were Tannoy.

And yes, it did all sound awful!

Corabar Steve
06-10-2009, 11:22 AM
I didn't even notice the speakers in Reflex.

Corabar Entertainment
06-10-2009, 11:23 AM
Actually, there was one RCF speaker where the DJ was, which sounded awful and the others in the other side were Tannoy.

And yes, it did all sound awful!Fair enough... I only looked at the one above the pole you were dancing on :D

jeff wood
06-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Birmingham city centre ( broad street ) was OK,,

but to be honest,, nowhere near as good as say Liverpool or Manchester,,

PS>

Im just glad that no one had posted a vid of rappers delight:D

Corabar Entertainment
06-10-2009, 11:49 AM
Im just glad that no one had posted a vid of rappers delight:D.... YET! :p

(We've got one here which will be going up soon! :D :D )

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-10-2009, 12:11 PM
.... YET! :p

(We've got one here which will be going up soon! :D :D )

Oh good...:bag:

Penfold42
06-10-2009, 12:20 PM

And yes, it did all sound awful!
I'm glad it's not only me.....but they had JBL's in the garden area that sounded really well. How does a pub have 3 different sounds systems? :confused:

Im just glad that no one had posted a vid of rappers delight:D

Superb moment......glad I was not the only one who memorised the words when I was a lad!...:bag:

Corabar Entertainment
06-10-2009, 12:21 PM
Superb moment......glad I was not the only one who memorised the words when I was a lad!...:bag:So why weren't you up there alongside Darren and Jeff?

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-10-2009, 12:22 PM
So why weren't you up there alongside Darren and Jeff?

We would have blown him away....:bag: :o :D

Corabar Entertainment
06-10-2009, 12:25 PM
What? Did you and Jeff have the windy-pops too? :p :p :p

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-10-2009, 12:26 PM
What? Did you and Jeff have the windy-pops too? :p :p :p

You need to get down with the Yoof Ang. :D

Corabar Entertainment
06-10-2009, 12:27 PM
:ner: :ner: :ner: :ner: :ner:

Penfold42
06-10-2009, 02:07 PM
So why weren't you up there alongside Darren and Jeff?
I already looked a dongle with my 'Summer' outfit...why draw attention to yourself....:D :D :D :D :D

We would have blown him away....:bag: :o :D
Nah - I thought there was already 2 pratts up on stage :boxer2: another one would have looked like The Goodies....:D :D :D :D :D

You need to get down with the Yoof Ang. :D

....good innit! :D

Corabar Entertainment
06-10-2009, 03:45 PM
Ok, here's a few vids for a giggle.

I've had to compress them to varying degrees (and apologies for the rapping being mainly sideways!)

Breakdancing at Lloyds (http://www.easywebvideo.com/users/Breakdance1.html)
Jeff & Darren Rapping (http://www.easywebvideo.com/users/Rapping.html)
Doing the Conga (http://www.easywebvideo.com/users/Conga.html)
Nice Cheesy Sing-a-long (http://www.easywebvideo.com/users/Country_Roads.html)
Country Roads - Pt II (http://www.easywebvideo.com/users/More_Country_Roads_.html)
Hi Ho Silver Lining... and why is Darren doing an impression of an ape? (http://www.easywebvideo.com/users/Hi_Ho_Silver_Lining.html)
500 Miles (http://www.easywebvideo.com/users/500_Miles.html)
Darren takes a trip (http://www.easywebvideo.com/users/The_Recovery.html)
One Step Beyond (http://www.easywebvideo.com/users/One_Step_Beyond.html)
The Nutty Boys have arrived (http://www.easywebvideo.com/users/Night_Boat_to_Cairo.html)

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Of course that trip was planned....

Good recovery, :lol:

Corabar Steve
06-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Yeah right! :sj:

Corabar Entertainment
06-10-2009, 04:10 PM

I'm still waiting for an explanation for the orang-utang impersonation :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hi Ho Silver Lining... and why is Darren doing an impression of an ape? (http://www.easywebvideo.com/users/Hi_Ho_Silver_Lining.html)

DeckstarDeluxe
06-10-2009, 04:15 PM
why am I trying to head the mirror ball? lol

Darren nice david brent impression!

Corabar Entertainment
06-10-2009, 04:17 PM
why am I trying to head the mirror ball? lolWho knows why you were doing half the stuff you were doing that night :lol:

... or anyone else for that matter! :p

rob1963
06-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Good vids.

Thanks for posting them Angela.

:)

SC Events
06-10-2009, 04:28 PM
HAHA LOL! They are mega funny, nice work Angela! :D :D :D

Corabar Steve
06-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Not sure why Darren was doing the birdie dance in the restaurant though

Corabar Steve
06-10-2009, 05:03 PM
One Last video, highly compressed, a bit dark & with a typo.
The Grand Finale (http://www.easywebvideo.com/users/New_York_New_York.html)

Shame I ran out of room on the memory card about 10 seconds before the end of the song.

Tom
06-10-2009, 05:13 PM
Right.... I'm taking that star back Tom! LOL :p :D ;)

I'm really sorry. :(

I felt so bad when I saw you had tripped up the step. :(

Corabar Entertainment
06-10-2009, 05:17 PM
Tom... please don't! I was only joking.... you can have your star back plus some:
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

(PS If you've not seen the vids yet: you with a cocktail umbrella on top of your hair has been immortalised forever! :lol: )

Penfold42
06-10-2009, 05:22 PM
Good clips.....PMSL....nothing out of the ordinary there then.....:D

The trip made me laugh the most.......caught at the right moment.......:D :D :D

...and what's Raffa doing in Jimmy Spice....:sofa:

DeckstarDeluxe
06-10-2009, 05:26 PM
Tom... please don't! I was only joking.... you can have your star back plus some:

(PS If you've not seen the vids yet: you with a cocktail umbrella on top of your hair has been immortalised forever! :lol: )
When you say that it sounds like your planning to take a screen shot and put that as his picture on here? Of course I could be wrong :D:D:D

Corabar Entertainment
06-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Tom would be too upset to lose the picture of his car! :lol:

Maybe someone with the right skills could put a cocktail umbrella on his car? (seeing as he lost the balloons he tied to the aerial after stealing them from Reflex)

Tom
06-10-2009, 09:40 PM

:(:o

When you say that it sounds like your planning to take a screen shot and put that as his picture on here? Of course I could be wrong :D:D:D

:eek::bang::D

Good clips.....PMSL....nothing out of the ordinary there then.....:D

The trip made me laugh the most.......caught at the right moment.......:D :D :D

...and what's Raffa doing in Jimmy Spice....:sofa:

Glad you made it Tony. :)

Tom would be too upset to lose the picture of his car! :lol:

Maybe someone with the right skills could put a cocktail umbrella on his car? (seeing as he lost the balloons he tied to the aerial after stealing them from Reflex)

Well we did try but as soon as we drive off, the ballon just wanted out. lol.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb129/tommyboy6996/balloooooooooon.jpg

sted
06-10-2009, 10:37 PM
remind me to kick sted and scott in the nuts next time I see them

Oh and Steve too for getting me in reflex! talk about taking the wind out of my sails!

thats not fair lol

yes of course it was lol

overall come great pictures and videos there and a great night it was.

thanks again to everyone as i went not knowing anyone and made some great mates.

bring on the next meet. lol

Jiggles
06-10-2009, 11:08 PM
LOL! Seriously wished I was there now!

DeckstarDeluxe
06-10-2009, 11:12 PM
LOL! Seriously wished I was there now!

How come you didnt come?

Jiggles
06-10-2009, 11:49 PM
School and financial issues. :( Going to do what I can to get there next year!

Penfold42
07-10-2009, 03:55 PM
One more comment.......Sambuca!!!

:sick:

DeckstarDeluxe
07-10-2009, 03:58 PM
oh yeah! whos bright idea was that?????

Its odd I keep remembering odd bits and pieces here and there such as the chipmunk theme tune!

Penfold42
07-10-2009, 04:04 PM
oh yeah! whos bright idea was that?????
Scouser...:sj:

Its odd I keep remembering odd bits and pieces here and there such as the chipmunk theme tune!

Very sad.....very sad if you remember that funky tune.....:D :D

I also remember having a conversation over business cards......WTF was that all about......and I seem to remember a business card snob somewhere....:D :D :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
07-10-2009, 05:20 PM

Very sad.....very sad if you remember that funky tune.....:D :D

I also remember having a conversation over business cards......WTF was that all about......and I seem to remember a business card snob somewhere....:D :D :D

:whistle:

Penfold42
07-10-2009, 05:52 PM
:whistle:

Your right about the quality......

....light my house fire a real treat tonight....:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Corabar Steve
07-10-2009, 10:16 PM
Did anyone try the Mexicali Beer that Peter gave us on the night?

I've just had a bottle & it's rather jolly (not quite as nice as the Red Pig to my taste, but nice all the same)

Penfold42
07-10-2009, 10:20 PM

I've just had a bottle & it's rather jolly (not quite as nice as the Red Pig to my taste, but nice all the same)

Yep both are really good....:beer1:

Corabar Steve
07-10-2009, 10:22 PM
I think I'll have to have another one to make sure.

Solitaire Events Ltd
08-10-2009, 10:00 AM

No, someone appears to have taken it all home...:(

Corabar Steve
08-10-2009, 10:21 AM
Not ALL, there were some missing by the time we went to bed. It was on the table as the photo shows.

I only had my first bottle last night. I'll save you some. :sj:

sted
08-10-2009, 11:59 AM

who is that then? :D

it was mainly about how rubbish deckstar's and kilted dj's were lol

I think I'll have to have another one to make sure.

is that just to make sure there safe for everyone else?:beer1:

Corabar Steve
08-10-2009, 02:00 PM
is that just to make sure there safe for everyone else?:beer1:
:devil:

sted
08-10-2009, 02:22 PM
quess what i just remebered

deckstar blew up the new KHD2000 lol

and all me and sjs could do is watch lol

tut tut

dmckaraoke
08-10-2009, 02:34 PM

....light my house fire a real treat tonight....:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Very much like its not how much you spend on your business cards but the service you supply to the client....As far as i know clients dont call me up and ask how much have you spent on your printing my of business cards...Or is it now a case of we can no longer willy wave about the gear but we can about the business cards...lol

Note to myself ...Ask printer for embossed paper the next time...lol and stop buying lights/fixtures to enhance my lightshow lol

sted
08-10-2009, 02:37 PM
at least your learning now lol

paper matters lol

Penfold42
08-10-2009, 02:53 PM
Very much like its not how much you spend on your business cards but the service you supply to the client....As far as i know clients dont call me up and ask how much have you spent on your printing my of business cards...Or is it now a case of we can no longer willy wave about the gear but we can about the business cards...lol

Note to myself ...Ask printer for embossed paper the next time...lol and stop buying lights/fixtures to enhance my lightshow lol

Good man...keep it up with the cards.....:lol:....Quality counts...:D :D :D :D

:beer1:

BTW - it's easier to understand you on here...:boxer2: :sofa: :D :D :D :D

sted
08-10-2009, 03:12 PM
BTW - it's easier to understand you on here...:boxer2: :sofa: :D :D :D :D

i thought that :D you dont type too fast ;) :bang:

DeckstarDeluxe
08-10-2009, 04:00 PM
quess what i just remebered

deckstar blew up the new KHD2000 lol

and all me and sjs could do is watch lol

tut tut

HAHAHA oh yeah forgot about that..........

Blew up the mixer too if I remember?

sted
08-10-2009, 04:02 PM
ya i told you these bedroom dj's cant even use kam lol

DeckstarDeluxe
08-10-2009, 04:12 PM
ya i told you these bedroom dj's cant even use kam lol

If you think thats bad were you there with me and Scott on the time coded vinyls near the pionner stand when those two show girls told us they were better than us lol

SC Events
08-10-2009, 04:44 PM
It was funny though,

Neil: I'm just going to push the fader up a bit on the mixer

.....the next thing we know...BANG!...All of the lights were still on, but no sound would come through or out! :lol:

sted
08-10-2009, 05:03 PM
yes i was there when you asked them to strip so you could wear there clothers lol

It was funny though,

Neil: I'm just going to push the fader up a bit on the mixer

.....the next thing we know...BANG!...All of the lights were still on, but no sound would come through or out! :lol:

followed by a very quick walk in the opposite direction:D

SC Events
08-10-2009, 05:16 PM
yes i was there when you asked them to strip so you could wear there clothers lol

We tried! :D

followed by a very quick walk in the opposite direction:D

Yup I remember that bit too lol! :D......I've never seen Neil move so fast haha :D

sted
08-10-2009, 05:42 PM
I've never seen Neil move so fast haha :D

apart from to get his cocktail from the bar.

DeckstarDeluxe
08-10-2009, 06:12 PM
No the lights were still on from the active speakers but nothing from mixer or playout device. Might been a case of a fuse blowing however I was gonna hang around and find out!

Penfold42
08-10-2009, 07:00 PM
Very funny guys....LMAO

We may have a contender for Callums position...:sj:

sted
09-10-2009, 01:03 AM
callums postion ???

Penfold42
09-10-2009, 09:23 AM
callums postion ???

NEWBIE ALERT! :D

Callum Burns - CB Entertainments.
This guy has a rep of blowing everthing up.....AND setting fire to everything. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

deckstardeluxe - love the avater...LMAO! :lol:

sted
09-10-2009, 10:30 AM
o ok sorry so deck star is like a mini callum lol

DeckstarDeluxe
09-10-2009, 11:11 PM
mini callum?? Im not 3ft tall...... :P