PDA

View Full Version : Peavey HF horn - no sound

Rowleys
06-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Is there anyway i can see if the HF has blown ...

There is no sound coming out

Excalibur
06-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Is there anyway i can see if the HF has blown ...

There is no sound coming out

Substitution. Keep swapping known bits, till you find the fault, ie swap the working one from one cab with this. If the fault stays with the cab, it's the protection device ( or total meltdown). If the fault moves with the tweeter, it's the unit/diaphragm.

Rowleys
06-10-2009, 12:57 PM
yeh its the diaphragm. i just gotta sort this out with sted as i just got them fron him and meet him at bpm

just testing them now be for i gig them saturday and the HF dont work

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-10-2009, 01:04 PM
Please note:

Those that enter into an agreement with members to purchase or sell items on the forum do so at their own risk. Should you have a grievance with another member with regards to any transaction, please do not use the forum to air your grievance.

Issues must be dealt with privately between yourselves, and away from the main forums.

Just to add to this, if you can't get hold of the person via PM or email, then please ring them. Sometimes people may not have access to or may have the wrong email listed etc.

As I have just had a PM from Rowley asking for help, I would just like to remind people of the rules and I would thank people not to be rude or sarcastic when they can't remember them.

Rowleys
06-10-2009, 01:13 PM
i car't see how they blow there is nothink to them ..

DJ Jules
06-10-2009, 01:40 PM

Horns can be melted quite easily because they're typically rated at about 25% of the power handling of the main driver (e.g. total cab power handling = 300w, horn power handling = 50w). So if your amp puts out 300w and either the crossover in the cab is faulty or the HF driver and the main driver are poorly matched anyway it's quite easy to over-drive the unit.

The cheaper ones are also quite susceptible to vibration/impact damage being a piezoelectric disc glued to the back of the horn and suspended in a magnetic coil with a couple of wires hanging off them.

Julian

Excalibur
06-10-2009, 01:41 PM

This thread should be relevant.
http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=22543
esp post #2

Rowleys
06-10-2009, 01:45 PM
i have found the HF speaker is £32 for both posted ..

but i just don;t think that i should be replacing them as i only got the sunday and never used them.

So i just waiting on a reply / text from him to see what he gonna do ..

he said he got them from someone else and he only ever used them for a speach and back ground music

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-10-2009, 01:50 PM
i have found the HF speaker is £32 for both posted ..

but i just don;t think that i should be replacing them as i only got the sunday and never used them.

So i just waiting on a reply / text from him to see what he gonna do ..

he said he got them from someone else and he only ever used them for a speach and back ground music

I am closing this thread. I have asked you to follow the forum rules on buying and selling which you haven't. Please deal direct with the member. Thank you.

Please note:

Those that enter into an agreement with members to purchase or sell items on the forum do so at their own risk. Should you have a grievance with another member with regards to any transaction, please do not use the forum to air your grievance.

Issues must be dealt with privately between yourselves, and away from the main forums.