PDA

View Full Version : Back up set

Booche
06-10-2009, 10:25 PM
Was looking at my current set up and thinking do i need everything to be my main setup, so after many hours debating i said no and decided to make a back up (not got one at mo):( ,so i was hunting around for a package ( i know alot of you will say NOOOOOOOOO) lol and on my travels i went to a company ive used a few times and found this package LINK: http://www.electromarket.co.uk/pp/Disco_Lighting/Ultimate_DJ_Disco_Party_Kool_Sound_LightingDeck_St and_T_Bar_Package.html

Was just wondering what people think over all, as i shall be adding a spartan 4x pack to this i already have and also 2 littled's and 2 sound to light led traffic light things (cheap cheap cheap things) but i feel this will still be alot of lights to have as a back up rig along with the useal behringer djx700mixer,skytec 1200watt amp and 4 rcl 15" speakers. the mixer amp and speakers are my back up rig already as i use the exact same on my normal set up.( bought 2 of the same as i find them quite ideal and good quality )

Comments Welcome :)

Cheers Dave
:beer1: :beer1: :beer1:

BeerFunk
06-10-2009, 10:30 PM
I don't really have backup lighting as such, I don't find that necessary. Most DJs I know of carry enough lighting to afford one or two units to potentially fail on the night.

Booche
06-10-2009, 10:36 PM
Yeah the only reason i got a few spares is i dont use the spartan pack anymore as they more like faded spotlights lol but are handy to chuck up to have at a kids party etc and the littleds are one of my favs cheap but quite good quality and lighting effect

rob1963
06-10-2009, 10:50 PM
I don't really have backup lighting as such, I don't find that necessary. Most DJs I know of carry enough lighting to afford one or two units to potentially fail on the night.

My thoughts exactly.

I carry no back up lighting.

The most likely thing to go wrong with a lighting effect is a blown lamp, so I carry spare lamps for every light I have.

Apart from that, if one of my lights DID pack up, I could easily continue with the remaining ones without any problems.

Booche
06-10-2009, 10:59 PM
Sorry if ive mis-entitled this i wasn't purely on about if 1 light goes etc i meant like a spare back up rig for like a smaller party etc just so *u not known for having this this and this, as alot of people im guessing will say oh he's got some lovley lights that spin everywere etc but not every one wants that etc i know the lights can be controlled etc but i was looking at getting that kit as like just a kid's setup/small venue/pub/club etc was just after reviews or comments on that lol sorry again

Cheers Dave

*Text talk is not permitted on the forum.

discomobiledj
06-10-2009, 11:19 PM
I used to deal with that company alot but they were advertising lights etc on the site, showing not in stock then claiming they had 10 on Ebay.

When I queried this they said that they DID NOT have ANY lights in stock due to China increasing their prices.

Beware!

Booche
06-10-2009, 11:41 PM
I used to deal with that company alot but they were advertising lights etc on the site, showing not in stock then claiming they had 10 on Ebay.

When I queried this they said that they DID NOT have ANY lights in stock due to China increasing their prices.

Beware!

Thanks for that mate yeah ive spoke to a guy there DANNY who is meant to be the supplier buying guy ( so he said ) but im ordering through my bank so if nothing comes of it i shall be claiming it back lol but on that comment mate i got the same they was instock when i first noticed them and then when i rung up asking about thelights details etc about the package they was out of stock and would take 2 weeks to be back in stock so i explained this to my bank and they said they would cover me upto £500 extra insurance ( good bank custamer to the bank ;) ) so if it does go the wrong way then i have nothing to do with it and the bank will deal :)

discomobiledj
06-10-2009, 11:58 PM
Danny is supposed to be the manager. They've gone really downhill over the last couple of years, shame really as they were very good.

Booche
09-10-2009, 07:51 PM
placed my order 2 days ago now and all but the star cloth will arrive next wednesday/thursday, danny told me the star cloth was looking a 8+ weeks well thats what he said the supplier has told him :( and ive looked elsewere for the same cloth and only find it on premium audio for £299.00 so i think ill wait and save over £160 lol, but ive told him to send me the rest first and throw in some free things lol

Will update when setup arrives :)

ppentertainments
11-10-2009, 01:02 PM
My thoughts exactly.

I carry no back up lighting.

The most likely thing to go wrong with a lighting effect is a blown lamp, so I carry spare lamps for every light I have.

Apart from that, if one of my lights DID pack up, I could easily continue with the remaining ones without any problems.

If 2 lights went down would you refund the customer £100 (same as the surcharge?) :sofa: :D :D Only Joking ;)

Booche
14-10-2009, 10:11 AM
placed my order 2 days ago now and all but the star cloth will arrive next wednesday/thursday, danny told me the star cloth was looking a 8+ weeks well thats what he said the supplier has told him :( and ive looked elsewere for the same cloth and only find it on premium audio for £299.00 so i think ill wait and save over £160 lol, but ive told him to send me the rest first and throw in some free things lol

Will update when setup arrives :)

Well the story is now the lights,starcloth are not even at the suppliers in france so ive now cancelled that order and hunted around for some more things, when i came across discoworld.co.uk so rung them and now in the next 48hrs ( well soon as danny refunds me ) im getting, the kam 4ft stand, 2x adj tri gems,njd starcloth, frame bag, also quite a few g-clamps and cables for the same price as what elecktomarket wanted

So hopefully ill be a happy chappy :)

Cheers Dave :)

P.S. will take pics etc when they arrive :)

Spirits High
14-10-2009, 10:25 AM
I came across discoworld.co.uk so rung them and now in the next 48hrs ( well soon as danny refunds me ) im getting, the kam 4ft stand, 2x adj tri gems,njd starcloth, frame bag, also quite a few g-clamps and cables for the same price as what elecktomarket wanted

So hopefully ill be a happy chappy :)

P.S. will take pics etc when they arrive :)

I've used them plenty of times always excellent service ;)

Booche
14-10-2009, 11:29 PM
I've used them plenty of times always excellent service ;)

Thanks mate yeah ive spoke to a guy there and they are wicked and honest saying they will not take any money for things that are not in stock unlike the oher place. Ive also contacted electomarket and they are refunding me so soon as that clears next couple of days i shall be ordering the setup in the previous post and the guy said it would be next day delivery unless ordered on a friday as they charge £14 extra to have it delivered on saturday, got no gigs booked till 2 weeks on saturday anyway so happy bunny now :)