PDA

View Full Version : problem with virtual dj recognising itunes playlists

djneen
10-10-2009, 03:06 AM
I've bought a Hercules MK2 Console which came with Virtual DJ software. The problem is it doesn't seem to play my itunes playlists and only plays a fraction of the songs I have in itunes for some reason. Can anyone please help me? Don't get too techy by the way guys. I'm just a girl! (and quite new to all this)

Excalibur
10-10-2009, 06:23 PM
I've bought a Hercules MK2 Console which came with Virtual DJ software. The problem is it doesn't seem to play my itunes playlists and only plays a fraction of the songs I have in itunes for some reason. Can anyone please help me? Don't get too techy by the way guys. I'm just a girl! (and quite new to all this)

So what? :confused: I'm just an Old Northern Bloke, and I don't know about such things. :o :o :o My theory would be connected to the reason why I have stayed far away from itunes. It's not mp3, the universal format. I suspect you will need to convert your itunes library to mp3, but don't worry, one of the clever young things will be here soon. :D

DJNutter
10-10-2009, 09:29 PM
Firstly don't use itunes for a play list. Also give iTunes a wide birth, standard iTUNES are 128 bitrate or less ! which sounds terrible.

Spend some time making virtual folders in VDJ to hold your playlists.

Next goto your options and make sure the setting for Max Load is set to always.

Give me a shout if you need further help.. would be handy to know what version of VDJ you are using too !

Nutter

DeckstarDeluxe
10-10-2009, 11:12 PM
Firstly don't use itunes for a play list. Also give iTunes a wide birth, standard iTUNES are 128 bitrate or less ! which sounds terrible.

Spend some time making virtual folders in VDJ to hold your playlists.

Next goto your options and make sure the setting for Max Load is set to always.

Give me a shout if you need further help.. would be handy to know what version of VDJ you are using too !

Nutter

Please check those facts.

DazzyD
10-10-2009, 11:48 PM

I'd agree with Neil seeing as Apple introduced 256kbps files free of DRM protection in to the iTunes Store back in 2007. However, Apples survey of users at the time concluded that most people couldn't tell the difference between the bitrates! :eek:

DeckstarDeluxe
10-10-2009, 11:56 PM
I'd agree with Neil seeing as Apple introduced 256kbps files free of DRM protection in to the iTunes Store back in 2007. However, Apples survey of users at the time concluded that most people couldn't tell the difference between the bitrates! :eek:

Most likely because of the home hi fi speakers they use rather than professional sound equipment that we use :D

Excalibur
11-10-2009, 11:52 AM
Most likely because of the home hi fi speakers they use rather than professional sound equipment that we use :D

Willy waving alert! :D :D :D

Sadly, it doesn't address the original question.

DJNutter
11-10-2009, 01:43 PM

Ok, I'll correct myself, WERE 128...

If this guy is trying to use a playlist then chances are, 50% of the files will be 128 (or Less)

128 does sound terrible on pro-equip.

Back to the subject of VDJ, if you add the bitrate column to your view you can make sure your tunes you are playing are over 128 :)

Nutter
(Playing lossless for the masses)

welby
11-10-2009, 06:21 PM

iTunes integration allows access to the playlists created in iTunes. It is only access to the contents of the playlist. The settings from iTunes are not read or used. You use the settings that are available in VirtualDJ.

If you are going to use the iTunes settings ... just use iTunes and not even bother with VirtualDJ ...

or use this:

http://www.yamipod.com/main/modules/downloads/

Its YamiPod for Windows