PDA

View Full Version : Mydmx with Virtual DJ - Midi Control Scenes

welby
12-10-2009, 09:51 AM
Hi,

does anyone use Virtual DJ with ADJ Mydmx on the same laptop when playing out?

If so I was wondering how you control your scene changes as Mydmx needs to be at the front application running on your laptop before it allows you to operate your chosen allocated scene change keys. So it would be a pain to keep switching applications.

One way would be to use a Korg NanoControl USB keyboard or something similar.

Another way would be to use a Virtual Midi Controller in software.

Lastly you could always use a software macro, but I would think this would be unreliable.

Any thoughts?

DiscoPromotions
12-10-2009, 10:10 AM
Using a MIDI controller will be the easy option.

We use both Virtual DJ and MyDMX but on different laptops. The price of the midi controller you would pick up a low powered 2nd laptop that will run MyDMX software.

Larry B Entertainment
12-10-2009, 10:50 AM
I use mydmx on the same laptop as my playout software, I just minimize mydmx after I have selected scenes. It works for me.

welby
12-10-2009, 11:58 AM
I use mydmx on the same laptop as my playout software, I just minimize mydmx after I have selected scenes. It works for me.

Thanks Larry, but I want to change scenes on the fly by either pressing an assigned key, but you can't do that when mydmx is running in the background.

A korg nanokontroller can be had for about £50.

I'm looking at running a virtual midi scenario to see if that works.

My aim is not to take out yet another laptop or controller I guess.

Looking for a freeware Virtual Midi controller, that runs in background mode and has assignable keyboard keys....

Thanks chaps.