PDA

View Full Version : Dumped a Residency...Yours if you want it!!

StarZSoundS
26-10-2009, 09:44 AM
I've done a year at a smallish pub evry Friday.

I've either got bored with it or am fed up with adults behaving like spoilt children when they can't sing exactly when they want to....It don't pay a fortune but may be worth about £6,000 a year before tax.

Jacked it last Friday and as the Landlady is a personal friend (still) I know she wants to continue.....Its in West Yorkshire.

Please PM me if you're interested.Its obviously a Karaoke evening and would suit someone just starting out.Its not looking for a super wizzy dizzy light show:eek: ....just a patient (not me anymore):bang: Karaoke Jockey with a good selection of tunes.

Happy to discuss...;)

Penfold42
31-10-2009, 09:38 PM
You not kidding £115........:eek:

StarZSoundS
01-11-2009, 12:26 AM
I didnt post this to discuss the fee...I was just trying to help fellow DJ's... I did make the point that it may suit someone starting up.

Or maybe you started at £350 a night did you??

Mark Wild
01-11-2009, 12:57 AM
£115 a night for a residency, karaoke only (no lights at all) is a good fee around here tbh.

rob1963
01-11-2009, 01:06 AM
£115 a night for a residency, karaoke only (no lights at all) is a good fee around here tbh.

I won't be moving there, then!

:D

StarZSoundS
01-11-2009, 01:16 AM

Well thanks for that Bellshill....

There are two different types of DJ.There are the high powered Kitted up contracted up corporate DJ's who if you believe this Forum earn a fortune.

Then there are the more middle of the road type DJ's who take a smattering of gear out and use their personality to provide a much cheaper evenings entertainment....I am one of these.

The best business practise ethic on the site suggests that I should be aspiring to be one of the former.....but i'm not keen.Its no good trying to play for Manchester United if in your head you are only a Blackpool player.

But in the end I consider both ends of the scale to be DJ's....that is definately the public perception of me anyway.

AND you are so right a residency in your hand at £115 for a Friday may be useful for somebody...which was the reason for my original post.

I won't be moving there, then!

:D

Surprised that its only price that drives the bus for you Rob.Previous posts suggested you were a little different from that;)

rob1963
01-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Surprised that its only price that drives the bus for you Rob.Previous posts suggested you were a little different from that;)

It's NOT only price that drives the bus for me, but it's a very important factor when you have no other income!

djsteve10
01-11-2009, 12:10 PM
Just out of interest StarZsoundS where is this venue as I am based in Leeds.

StarZSoundS
01-11-2009, 01:47 PM
Think it may be a bit late Buddy!!

It WAS between Wakefield and Dewsbury.They didn't have any trouble covering it at the ridiculously low money everybody seems to be talking about!!

djsteve10
01-11-2009, 03:09 PM

It WAS between Wakefield and Dewsbury.They didn't have any trouble covering it at the ridiculously low money everybody seems to be talking about!!

To be honest I wasn't wanting the residency I was just enquiring about which venue it was due to the fact I used to do pub karaoke for a good year or so before I got established.

DeckstarDeluxe
01-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Well thanks for that Bellshill....

There are two different types of DJ.There are the high powered Kitted up contracted up corporate DJ's who if you believe this Forum earn a fortune.

Then there are the more middle of the road type DJ's who take a smattering of gear out and use their personality to provide a much cheaper evenings entertainment....I am one of these.

The best business practise ethic on the site suggests that I should be aspiring to be one of the former.....but i'm not keen.Its no good trying to play for Manchester United if in your head you are only a Blackpool player.

But in the end I consider both ends of the scale to be DJ's....that is definately the public perception of me anyway.

AND you are so right a residency in your hand at £115 for a Friday may be useful for somebody...which was the reason for my original post.

see i would say they are the guys who provide a service worthly of that fee otherwise they wouldnt get the work.......... I'd rather be booked because Im good not because Im cheap.

Penfold42
01-11-2009, 09:15 PM
I've done a year at a smallish pub evry Friday.

I've either got bored with it or am fed up with adults behaving like spoilt children when they can't sing exactly when they want to....It don't pay a fortune but may be worth about £6,000 a year before tax.

Jacked it last Friday and as the Landlady is a personal friend (still) I know she wants to continue.....Its in West Yorkshire.

Please PM me if you're interested.Its obviously a Karaoke evening and would suit someone just starting out.Its not looking for a super wizzy dizzy light show:eek: ....just a patient (not me anymore):bang: Karaoke Jockey with a good selection of tunes.
See I don't get this.....

Happy to discuss...;)
...see what I mean. :bang:

We all talk about raising the bar and going out for the right reward.
You mentioned the £6k figure 1st not me....and before TAX - this doesn't take into account fuel, bearing in mind this is now £1.05 to £1.15 per litre (diesel) plus overhead costs.....not a lot of mark up after that and on a major night - Friday...

Sounds like a bargain to me.

Or maybe you started at £350 a night did you??

I'm afraid (without willy waving) I did or nearabouts and why?.......because I choose to use the information available to me from this froum to my advantage.....and not waste valuable time doing other things.

Charlie Brown
01-11-2009, 09:38 PM
I don't understand how you could work there for a year though at £115? Surely that took up a lot of your dates where you could of been earning more money at private doo's? It's actually very frustrating because I'm beginning to learn more about pricing....It's people like yourself that are bringing the value of DJ's down. If you didn't underestimate yourself and charge a ridiculous price like that...then the venue WOULD have to fork out more money and someone would get a decent wage. Just because you don't mind working for peanuts, doesn't mean others don't. I don't think people realise the knock on effect it has to the industry and individuals on this forum who are trying to put bread on the table. You have another job...some don't.

Solitaire Events Ltd
01-11-2009, 09:50 PM
I don't understand how you could work there for a year though at £115?

Hang on Charlie - this is a pub we're talking about. They are not known for their high wages anywhere.

Charlie Brown
01-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Ohhh, I see...fair enough, my bad. Sorry.

NKR
01-11-2009, 09:54 PM
You have another job...some don't.

Free market economy!

I suggest you start with Adam Smiths 'The Wealth of Nations' and work your way through to Keynes.

andyw
01-11-2009, 09:55 PM
I don't understand how you could work there for a year though at £115? Surely that took up a lot of your dates where you could of been earning more money at private doo's? It's actually very frustrating because I'm beginning to learn more about pricing....It's people like yourself that are bringing the value of DJ's down. If you didn't underestimate yourself and charge a ridiculous price like that...then the venue WOULD have to fork out more money and someone would get a decent wage. Just because you don't mind working for peanuts, doesn't mean others don't. I don't think people realise the knock on effect it has to the industry and individuals on this forum who are trying to put bread on the table. You have another job...some don't.

charlie what you have to remember that if he didn't do it at that price someone else will. now the bottom line is there is a market for £150 and below gigs, and there is some very good legal dj's filling those slots, they are not bringing the market down (illegal sixty quid sids now thats a different matter). their is also a lot of good dj's going out and getting three, four, five hundred pounds every week all over the country, these are the guys who concentrate on a complete service from the first phone call right through to the last song, it's all about presentation and service for these guys. now it is upto everyone of us to decide where we want tobe but really no need to keep critising each other because none of us are doing the other any harm really.

Penfold42
01-11-2009, 10:15 PM
charlie what you have to remember that if he didn't do it at that price someone else will. now the bottom line is there is a market for £150 and below gigs, and there is some very good legal dj's filling those slots, they are not bringing the market down (illegal sixty quid sids now thats a different matter). their is also a lot of good dj's going out and getting three, four, five hundred pounds every week all over the country, these are the guys who concentrate on a complete service from the first phone call right through to the last song, it's all about presentation and service for these guys. now it is upto everyone of us to decide where we want tobe ....
:agree: with everything apart from....

....but really no need to keep critising each other because none of us are doing the other any harm really.

:confused:

No one has slated anyone on here?
Thought this was a forum?

andyw
01-11-2009, 10:22 PM
:agree: with everything apart from....

No one has slated anyone on here?

It's people like yourself that are bringing the value of DJ's down. .

sorry i see that as a direct critism to everyone who goes out in the sub £150 bracket

Penfold42
01-11-2009, 10:24 PM
sorry i see that as a direct critism to everyone who goes out in the sub £150 bracket

Point taken. :)

Charlie Brown
01-11-2009, 11:11 PM
Yeah yeah I understand where your coming from-It was aimed at anyone in particular...just an observation I'm beginning to make. Lets say he didn't do it for that price and nobody else did, then the pub would have to pay more?

andyw
01-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Yeah yeah I understand where your coming from-It was aimed at anyone in particular...just an observation I'm beginning to make. Lets say he didn't do it for that price and nobody else did, then the pub would have to pay more?

there will always be someone who will do it, but the other side of the argument is not always true, if they couldn't find someone to do it at that price then the party might not go ahead then there would be less work available

StarZSoundS
02-11-2009, 08:47 AM
very good legal dj's filling those slots, they are not bringing the market down (illegal sixty quid sids now thats a different matter). their is also a lot of good dj's going out and getting three, four, five hundred pounds every week all over the country, these are the guys who concentrate on a complete service from the first phone call right through to the last song,

Please see post 9.

Now three different types of DJ.

1) Sid.......bad

2) Martin (me) An excellent busy jobbing legitimate DJ.

3) The elite....Insert Name........

Section 3 is what I should be aspiring to be like....but somehow the entusiasm to do so is escaping me.Getting a feeling it may change my personality....looking at some of these posts:bang:

NKR
02-11-2009, 10:11 AM
I can't believe nobody wanted to read Adam Smith!

Corabar Entertainment
02-11-2009, 11:08 AM
Let's be honest here: the pub market is NEVER going to pay the same as private gigs... most can't afford to pay private party rates.

Many small pubs think it's a good night if they take a grand over the bar on any given night. For them to pay £250+ for a DJ would be nonsense.

Bear in mind that selling an additional £250 worth of beer wouldn't be worth their while. They would make a severe loss compared to not having a DJ at all. A large proportion of the cost of that pint of beer is made up of taxes and the cost of the beer (not to mention the other costs of running the pub). The actual profit on each drink is pretty small, so to cover the cost of a DJ, they really do need to sell a LOT more drinks to make it worth their while.

There are plenty of DJs out there who are happy to do a pub gig. After all, it's often only a basic set up, local, no preparation, and (especially with a residency) easy... not to mention regular. All of these factors should make a gig cheaper than a private event: the DJ is spending an awful lot less time per gig, plus a residency is 'bulk purchase'.

We have a Friday night pub residency ourselves: it's just up the road and takes minutes to set up / take out. I have DJs who are (under normal circumstances) often unable to work on Friday nights due to other work commitments, but as this residency is so simple (and starts later), they can easily make this in time, so I am not turning away private work as a result of taking this residency.

In the past, we have also used the pub as a good 'training ground' for new DJs. They go out with one of the experienced DJs then slowly start doing more and more of the night until they are 'flying solo'. It's a great confidence builder for them.

Each DJ has to decide what is right for them and what is worth their while.

I do not agree (where the pub market is concerned) that if everyone charged £250+ for pub residencies that the pub trade would pay it..... you'd just end up with fewer DJs in pubs (unless you want to pay a cover charge or an extra £1 a pint?)

BeerFunk
02-11-2009, 11:39 AM
Well said Angela, you're exactly right. In fact, these days there are more and more options for the landlord to consider as an alternative to a live DJ. There are a fair amount of pubs in Edinburgh now which have a laptop hooked up with a playlist and 'automix' features (I am of course, not questioning the legitimacy at this point :))

rob1963
02-11-2009, 12:59 PM
Bear in mind that selling an additional £250 worth of beer wouldn't be worth their while. They would make a severe loss compared to not having a DJ at all. A large proportion of the cost of that pint of beer is made up of taxes and the cost of the beer (not to mention the other costs of running the pub). The actual profit on each drink is pretty small, so to cover the cost of a DJ, they really do need to sell a LOT more drinks to make it worth their while.

Or alternatively more food...which has a higher profit margin.

I understand that in order for a pub's expense on a disco or quiz night to be worthwhile, they need to increase their takings by FOUR TIMES what they're paying out for the entertainment.

Therefore, a £250 disco would only worthwhile if it increased takings by £1000...which is probably why most pubs won't pay £250 for a disco!

Corabar Entertainment
02-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Or alternatively more food...which has a higher profit margin.Agreed that is an option fora quiz night, but most pubs do not serve food late at night when a disco would be running because of the logistics of doing so in a very busy pub n

rob1963
02-11-2009, 01:14 PM
Agreed that is an option fora quiz night, but most pubs do not serve food late at night when a disco would be running because of the logistics of doing so in a very busy pub

Fair comment, Angela...although it depends to some extent on what time the disco starts & when they finish serving food.

Corabar Entertainment
02-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Fair comment, Angela...although it depends to some extent on what time the disco starts & when they finish serving food.Yes: they ususally stop before the night gets into full swing: in which case, can it then be said it's the disco that's bringing in the extra punters?

rob1963
02-11-2009, 01:28 PM
Yes: they ususally stop before the night gets into full swing: in which case, can it then be said it's the disco that's bringing in the extra punters?

I have no idea!

I only know that they need to take an extra £4 for every £1 they spend on the disco.

Corabar Entertainment
02-11-2009, 01:33 PM
The question was somewhat rhetorical, Rob :doh: :cool:

StarZSoundS
02-11-2009, 01:42 PM
All I did was ask if anyone wanted any cheap and cheerful business....mention money on here and everyone goes loopy....

NKR
02-11-2009, 01:48 PM
All I did was ask if anyone wanted any cheap and cheerful business....mention money on here and everyone goes loopy....

Thats all part of the fun. I believe you did not actually bring the price per event up someone else calculated it using the 52 weeks and annual gross take. I believe you asked for PM's.

Just an observation as you did get a wee bit of clobber on that thread! :D

rob1963
02-11-2009, 03:00 PM

Money ROCKS!

Excalibur
02-11-2009, 03:49 PM

I know more than one place round here where that's 50% more than they're paying. ;)

see i would say they are the guys who provide a service worthly of that fee otherwise they wouldnt get the work.......... I'd rather be booked because Im good not because Im cheap.
No arguments, it's just some of us are astoundingly good, as well as being astoundingly keenly priced. ( I'd never demean myself by describing myself as "Cheap". How tacky. )

Hang on Charlie - this is a pub we're talking about. They are not known for their high wages anywhere.
Agreed. (Resists urge to slip in jibe about Affluent South. ):D :D

:No one has slated anyone on here?
Well I've been away, ;) but now I'm back I'll be happy to start with you. :p :D :D

Not how it works Charlie. Rate's fixed, no takers at that rate= no Karaoke. Simples. ( As Alexsandr would say)

I did once, but I think I got away with it. :D :D :D :D

Penfold42
02-11-2009, 04:50 PM
Well I've been away, ;) but now I'm back I'll be happy to start with you. :p :D :D

Why change a habit ....:shrug:

:D :beer1:

StarZSoundS
02-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Thats all part of the fun. I believe you did not actually bring the price per event up someone else calculated it using the 52 weeks and annual gross take. I believe you asked for PM's.

Hey whats new....

You should have seen it when I said I thought Black Lace had a useful part to play in some Discos....

Penfold42
02-11-2009, 05:02 PM

That be me then - he metioned £6k, I just did the sums....in case anyone was thinking about it.

Might as well be open about it and the OP did say discuss....:confused:

NKR
02-11-2009, 05:07 PM
Hey whats new....

You should have seen it when I said I thought Black Lace had a useful part to play in some Discos....

:boxer2:

StarZSoundS
02-11-2009, 05:11 PM
That be me then - he metioned £6k, I just did the sums....in case anyone was thinking about it.

Might as well be open about it and the OP did say discuss....:confused:

Discuss ....not assasinate.I was genuinely trying to help:bang:

Shan't bother next time;)

Solitaire Events Ltd
02-11-2009, 06:58 PM

Good. :p

Penfold42
02-11-2009, 08:18 PM

When did I "assasinate" it then...... I just pointed out the facts as some people would just see the pound signs without working out the true figures.
Some people. :bang:

:lol:

StarZSoundS
02-11-2009, 08:32 PM

:jawdrop: Couple of weeks ago you were complaining about the attitude of some on the site in not sharing their childrens party games.

Solitaire Events Ltd
02-11-2009, 08:33 PM
:jawdrop: Couple of weeks ago you were complaining about the attitude of some on the site in not sharing their childrens party games.

Did you not notice the tongue in cheek smiley or have you lost your sense of humour?

NKR
02-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Did you not notice the tongue in cheek smiley or have you lost your sense of humour?

He sold it to fund his house refurbishment :D :D

He's from Yorkshire after all - they have them removed at birth :D

:coat:

Solitaire Events Ltd
02-11-2009, 08:43 PM

Are you saying that Peter Excalibur hasn't got a sense of humour? :eek:

StarZSoundS
02-11-2009, 08:48 PM

If you look at the descriptor for the Smiley it actually denotes stick tongue out...not ....tongue in cheek.Not sure if its different in Berkshire but they certainly mean different things up here Darren.One is a childish insult the other denotes that you are trying to have a bit of fun with the person you are conversing with.

It would have been much nicer if you were trying to have a bit of fun with me.....so I'll take it that you made a mistake... and we're all capable of making them aren't we....(searches for tongue in cheek Smiley).:beer1:

Solitaire Events Ltd
02-11-2009, 08:51 PM
If you look at the descriptor for the Smiley it actually denotes stick tongue out...not ....tongue in cheek.Not sure if its different in Berkshire but they certainly mean different things up here Darren.One is a childish insult the other denotes that you are trying to have a bit of fun with the person you are conversing with.

It would have been much nicer if you were trying to have a bit of fun with me.....so I'll take it that you made a mistake... and we're all capable of making them aren't we....(searches for tongue in cheek Smiley).:beer1:

I explained my post.

Why not bugger off somewhere else where your 'advice' is needed or wanted, like the 1970s?

NKR
02-11-2009, 08:55 PM
I explained my post.

Why not bugger off somewhere else where your 'advice' is needed or wanted, like the 1970s?

Harsh! :eek:

Solitaire Events Ltd
02-11-2009, 08:57 PM

Maybe, but I was having a joke and a laugh before using smilies and he didn't get it, so this time I was still haveing a laugh and a joke, but without the use of smilies. :D

NKR
02-11-2009, 08:59 PM
Maybe, but I was having a joke and a laugh before using smilies and he didn't get it, so this time I was still haveing a laugh and a joke, but without the use of smilies. :D

So was I. I am still actually laughing at it to be honest. It was stunning in its beauty! :D

StarZSoundS
02-11-2009, 09:04 PM

Thanks Mate!!!

Excalibur
02-11-2009, 09:23 PM

Are you saying that Peter Excalibur hasn't got a sense of humour? :eek:

Darren, you're a lovely lad, but you haven't yet realised how many counties have a mutual enmity with those of us from God's County. Especially those :Censored: L**********s. ;) :D :D :D

Penfold42
02-11-2009, 10:51 PM
Liverpudlians?

:p

NKR
02-11-2009, 11:09 PM
Darren, you're a lovely lad, but you haven't yet realised how many counties have a mutual enmity with those of us from God's County. Especially those :Censored: L**********s. ;) :D :D :D

Although a Lancashire lad, I lived in gods own county for a few years and feel we are very much like squabbling sibblings. We love each other really!! :D

StarZSoundS
02-11-2009, 11:43 PM
There may have been a breach of rule 16 in this thread.There may be children reading this forum.The Forum rules suggest that bad language will not be tolerated!!

Assume it apllies to all on the site??

Solitaire Events Ltd
02-11-2009, 11:45 PM
There are certainly people acting like children in this thread....

Excalibur
03-11-2009, 01:20 AM
Although a Lancashire lad, I lived in gods own county for a few years and feel we are very much like squabbling sibblings. We love each other really!! :D
Sshh! Don't tell 'em. :eek:

There are certainly people acting like children in this thread....

Yeah, so? :p :p :D :D

Penfold42
03-11-2009, 01:22 AM
Yeah, so? :p :p :D :D

Bugger off.....:sofa:

Excalibur
03-11-2009, 01:23 AM
Bugger off.....:sofa:

Language Timothy. :Naughty:

StarZSoundS
03-11-2009, 09:52 AM
I explained my post.

bugger off somewhere else where

Come on Mods please!!

"Book Him.....Book Him".....(pleads for yellow card).

Charlie ...this is your big chance....at least a week in the Sinbin:D.

You have your evidence??

Now where was that tongue in cheek Icon :bang:

Solitaire Events Ltd
03-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Come on Mods please!!

"Book Him.....Book Him".....(pleads for yellow card).

Charlie ...this is your big chance....at least a week in the Sinbin:D.

You have your evidence??

Now where was that tongue in cheek Icon :bang:

I suggest you drop the subject now and leave the running of the forum to those who already do. I'm sure they don't need any extra help, thank you. :)

DazzyD
04-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Language Timothy. :Naughty:

Sorry!

simon1969
27-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Can't believe that thread went on for so long!!!
Or is it a saga?
Gave me an insight of who is helpful and who isn't!!!!

Penfold42
30-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Or is it a saga?

...and your point is?

Dynamic Entertainment
30-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Or is it a saga?

And thanks to you it lives on that little bit longer ;) :D

Dont believe all you read ;)

StarZSoundS
30-11-2009, 08:23 PM
;)
Or is it a saga?

When you sift out the baiting and the trolling(another thread) that went on in this thread (on both sides) there is actually a lot of very good points made. ;)

The vacancy is now filled and surprisingly enough the new Karaoke Host seems as popular as me when I first started there.

Its a bit like seeing someone dating a female you just blobbed out....you are not totally sure if you have done the right thing. ;) :bang: :eek:

Excalibur
30-11-2009, 08:46 PM
Or is it a saga?
We're all helpful. ;) You'll need even more insight though, to work out who actually knows what they're talking about.

And thanks to you it lives on that little bit longer ;) :D
( In Brian Blesed tones) It's alive!

Dont believe all you read ;)
Absolutely. ;)

NKR
30-11-2009, 10:55 PM
Okay who brought this back to life.

Maybe we could bury it in one of Penmare's boxes? :D

Penfold42
30-11-2009, 10:56 PM
Okay who brought this back to life.

Maybe we could bury it in one of Penmare's boxes? :D

Oh your sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo funny. :D

simon1969
30-11-2009, 11:06 PM
I wasn't trolling honest guv!!
I don't think it's a matter of insight really more a matter of opnion on what prices to charge!!!
Or even if its your sole occupation which in this current economic climate is a bit silly.
And I repeat i'm not trolling just voicing my opnion!!

Solitaire Events Ltd
30-11-2009, 11:09 PM
I don't think it's a matter of insight really more a matter of opnion on what prices to charge!!!

Yes, that's what all businesses and the way they are run are based on, someone's opinion. Forget economics and profit and loss...

Or even if its your sole occupation which in this current economic climate is a bit silly.

How can you possibly make a statement like that without knowing every single persons financial affairs?

NKR
30-11-2009, 11:10 PM
I wasn't trolling honest guv!!
And I repeat i'm not trolling just voicing my opnion!!

And on that note I am off to bed to leave the full timers to it.

You have opened a few interesting lines of enquiry there!

Edit - clearly I was too late.

JDB Entertainment
30-11-2009, 11:14 PM

Well looks like you are aiming your sights high in the DJ Business.

I cannot wait to see pictures of your rig and see your website.

:bang: :Censored: :bang:

Penfold42
30-11-2009, 11:16 PM
Well looks like you are aiming your sights high in the DJ Business.

I cannot wait to see pictures of your rig and see your website.

:bang: :Censored: :bang:

Easy tiger....give the man a chance. ;) :D

NKR
30-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Easy tiger....give the man a chance. ;) :D

Agreed - he is only on post 7.

Opinions are opinions and once everyone has had theirs, then people are entitled to alter their perceptions, so give the man a chance.

Oh by the way everyone I stand corrected on the £200 is all I can get round here stance. Just booked my first £250 DJ only wedding (as opposed to DJ and vocal - its not just a DJ only no rig job).

My bar is moving in an upwards direction - Thanks for the advice chaps.

See my opinion is changed thanks to MDD. A happy place. :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
30-11-2009, 11:36 PM
Oh by the way everyone I stand corrected on the £200 is all I can get round here stance. Just booked my first £250 DJ only wedding (as opposed to DJ and vocal - its not just a DJ only no rig job).

My bar is moving in an upwards direction - Thanks for the advice chaps.

See my opinion is changed thanks to MDD. A happy place. :)

:thumbsup:

simonp
30-11-2009, 11:52 PM
( In Brian Blesed tones) It's alive!

I think you'll find the quote from the film is

"Gordon's .... Alive" :p

Excalibur
01-12-2009, 12:19 AM
I think you'll find the quote from the film is

"Gordon's .... Alive" :p

Good heavens. Well I never. Since we didn't have a poster by that epithet, I had to use some artistic licence. ;) ;)

Marc J
01-12-2009, 08:47 AM
Take Brian Blessed away and you could have had

YouTube- Frankenstein Alive

Excalibur
01-12-2009, 09:54 AM
Take Brian Blessed away and you could have had

Accurate in every respect Sir, but it doesn't have the stentorian tones of Mr Blessed, does it? :confused: :D :D He wouldn't need a mic, would he ? :D