PDA

View Full Version : JayZ Wedding DJ

Mark Wild
03-11-2009, 11:06 AM
I just had a phone call from BBC Radio Scotland asking if I would go to their studios tomorrow and be interviewed with regards to what I thought about Jayz becoming a wedding DJ. To be honest I didn't realise he was, but I said yes and will be on tomorrow as I thought it would be a good subject to discuss, what do you think about Jayz becoming a wedding DJ?

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/jayzs-wedding-dj-dream_1120698

NKR
03-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Does he play Black Lace?

Corabar Steve
03-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Gotta be better than his singing.

Am I getting confused or did he announce he was retiring from music completely a few years ago?

Penfold42
03-11-2009, 11:28 AM

:agree:

NKR
03-11-2009, 11:32 AM

Am I getting confused or did he announce he was retiring from music completely a few years ago?

Don't you have to make music to actually retire from it?

BeerFunk
03-11-2009, 11:32 AM
To be honest, it sounds like he's planning to put on performances, rather than straight down the line DJ'ing, like we do.

Gotta be better than his singing.He doesn't sing though, he raps :confused:

Solitaire Events Ltd
03-11-2009, 11:35 AM
To be honest, it sounds like he's planning to put on performances, rather than straight down the line DJ'ing, like we do.

He doesn't sing though, he raps :confused:

I was thinking that!

Corabar Steve
03-11-2009, 11:35 AM
With a silent c

Mark Wild
03-11-2009, 11:37 AM
He sang "Wonderwall" once lol

Corabar Entertainment
03-11-2009, 11:39 AM
First para:

The multimillionaire rapper said he would put on an extravagant show, using a pre-recorded set-list rather than employing professional skills.

So he isn't actually going to perform live at all.... he is going to pre-record it all, then have video screens/dancers/crowd interation to create a show. It would seem that his 'presence' is all he will bring to the show on the night

soundtracker
03-11-2009, 11:39 AM
My mate did a wedding recently with Suggs making a guest DJ appearance. Apparently he was somewhat inebriated when he arrived, and also had forgotten his records! Which didn't actually matter as he hadn't asked for any decks to be supplied for him to play them on! My mate played the CDs for him, and he slurred incoherently over the top of them for half an hour, then declared he had done enough, and retired to the bar!!

Excalibur
03-11-2009, 11:40 AM
I just had a phone call from BBC Radio Scotland asking if I would go to their studios tomorrow and be interviewed with regards to what I thought about Jayz becoming a wedding DJ. To be honest I didn't realise he was, but I said yes and will be on tomorrow as I thought it would be a good subject to discuss, what do you think about Jayz becoming a wedding DJ?
http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/jayzs-wedding-dj-dream_1120698
:zip:

Does he play Black Lace?
:D :D :D :D

He doesn't sing though, he raps :confused:

With a silent c

Must type faster. :D :D

rob1963
03-11-2009, 11:44 AM
I haven't heard of too many wedding DJs becoming rappers, so I don't think a rapper should become a wedding DJ.

Talk about chalk & cheese!

:shrug:

NKR
03-11-2009, 11:46 AM

Is that Salt & Pepper's come back tune? :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
03-11-2009, 11:47 AM
Following his lead, I might set myself up as an International hip hop artist...pre record some old mumbo jumbo about cars, women and money over old 70s disco tracks, then release my own line in clothing.

Oh, and then I might produce other artists too. Any offers? MC Excalibur? Ice-Steve or AngyB?

Solitaire Events Ltd
03-11-2009, 11:48 AM
I haven't heard of too many wedding DJs becoming rappers

Ah, you weren't party to mine and Jeff Wood's rendition of rappers delight, were you? :D

Corabar Entertainment
03-11-2009, 11:50 AM
Following his lead, I might set myself up as an International hip hop artist...pre record some old mumbo jumbo about cars, women and money over old 70s disco tracks, then release my own line in clothing.

Oh, and then I might produce other artists too. Any offers? MC Excalibur? Ice-Steve or AngyB?

Ah, you weren't party to mine and Jeff Wood's rendition of rappers delight, were you? :DPmsl! :lol:

soundtracker
03-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Didn't Wolfie used to do The Real Slim Shady?

rob1963
03-11-2009, 11:51 AM
I haven't heard of too many wedding DJs becoming rappers, so I don't think a rapper should become a wedding DJ.

Is that Salt & Pepper's come back tune? :D

:Laugh:

Ah, you weren't party to mine and Jeff Wood's rendition of rappers delight, were you? :D

Sadly I missed out on that experience, Darren. :cry:

gaza
03-11-2009, 11:54 AM

LOL. spot on, he is on another planet. Jay Z that is.

Solitaire Events Ltd
03-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Didn't Wolfie used to do The Real Slim Shady?

He did. He was quite good at it actually.

BeerFunk
03-11-2009, 11:59 AM

Oh, and then I might produce other artists too. Any offers? MC Excalibur? Ice-Steve or AngyB?If only.... seriously though, he's a very smart and astute man. The music has become a career sideline, as soon as he realised his potential as a businessman - I hear he's now worth over $150m.

Corabar Entertainment
03-11-2009, 12:01 PM

Sadly I missed out on that experience, Darren. :cry:There is video evidence!

Didn't Wolfie used to do The Real Slim Shady?Yes, and as Darren said, it was good.... but I can't listen to the song since those times without hearing it in Wolfie's accent! ....Raises a smile every time :D

soundtracker
03-11-2009, 12:05 PM
If only.... seriously though, he's a very smart and astute man. The music has become a career sideline, as soon as he realised his potential as a businessman - I hear he's now worth over $150m.

Worth over $150 million, he's gonna love Village Halls then!:D

Mark Wild
03-11-2009, 12:06 PM
I'm being interviewed live on BBC Radio Scotland tomorrow, I'm somewhat nervous about this lol here are the questions I'm going to be asked -

QUESTIONS
1. How long have you been a wedding DJ for?
2. Is it a fun job?
3. What skills do you think are necessary for being a wedding DJ?
4. Do you reckon Jay Z is too cool to DJ at weddings?
5. Do you think it’s too much like hard work for a celeb?
6. Surely you have to cater for lots of generations and musical tastes?
7. What are your 5 most commonly asked for tunes when you are at a wedding?

Solitaire Events Ltd
03-11-2009, 12:07 PM
Worth over $150 million, he's gonna love Village Halls then!:D

He's gonna struggle. He's from Brooklyn and no one is going to want to pay his charges there. :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
03-11-2009, 12:07 PM
I'm being interviewed live on BBC Radio Scotland tomorrow, I'm somewhat nervous about this lol here are the questions I'm going to be asked -

QUESTIONS
1. How long have you been a wedding DJ for?
2. Is it a fun job?
3. What skills do you think are necessary for being a wedding DJ?
4. Do you reckon Jay Z is too cool to DJ at weddings?
5. Do you think it’s too much like hard work for a celeb?
6. Surely you have to cater for lots of generations and musical tastes?
7. What are your 5 most commonly asked for tunes when you are at a wedding?

Start a new thread Mark. :thumbsup:

soundtracker
03-11-2009, 12:11 PM
He's gonna struggle. He's from Brooklyn and no one is going to want to pay his charges there. :D

Yeah I hear that the going rate around there is about $200!:D

DeckstarDeluxe
03-11-2009, 07:53 PM
I quite like Jay z. Not a fan of all his stuff but love his latest tune empire state of mind.

In all fairness he's only going to be doing a few select celebrity events so not really much of an issue imo