PDA

View Full Version : Might have a little time to spare...

Ricesnaps
25-05-2006, 06:30 PM
They dropped the axe today - but not posting in order to get sympathy. I am now redundant. However, they say I can leave tomorrow and they'll pay me my 3 month notice. So, although I am desperately in need of a well paid job in the food manufacturing sector within the next 3 months, it also looks like I have some spare time and earning potential.

Therefore, if anyone has any jobs (midweek) or some reasonably major rigging or roadie work (not toooo far away please), I am up for a few pennies in the bank. However, there may also be a little time for worthy causes too... :teeth:

Have a disco
25-05-2006, 06:41 PM
you have my sympathy 390 jobs gone in Haverhill in last week making my semi-unemployed spell a bit longer. Tax man knows I do this and I declare it to all relevant parties but it don't make life easy to promote myself into full time disco work

Flex
25-05-2006, 06:42 PM
You have my deepest sympathy mate. I was made redundant last month after 20 years service. Always good to take stock for a couple of weeks. This could be a great opportunity.

reemicks disco
25-05-2006, 07:07 PM
Sorry to hear that you have been made redundant, hope you find something soon

Corabar Entertainment
25-05-2006, 07:47 PM
Sorry to hear the news Ricey. I was made redundant about 14 months ago whilst I was off following my back surgery, so I know how you feel.

We do get odd enquiries out of area now and then....... what's tooooooo far away? :teeth:

Corabar Steve
25-05-2006, 07:55 PM
You have my sympathy Matt, I've been layed off on more than one occasion.

Maybe you could use it as an opportunity to expand the disco business into something you can do as your full time occupation.

(Edit Angela pointed out to me how this post reads prior to his edit) As previously discussed in the other thread

joburgo
25-05-2006, 08:44 PM
Hey rice man. I am a great believer in when one door closes,another opens. Its happened to me on more than one occasion.

Ricesnaps
25-05-2006, 09:08 PM
I have already hinted in older threads that I would love to make the disco full time - just not sure it would bring in enough of the folding stuff...

Maybe combined with the chocolate fountains?

Corabar Steve
25-05-2006, 09:31 PM
All strings to your bow

soundtracker
25-05-2006, 09:50 PM
Best of luck matey- been there myself- not pleasant, but as others have said, regard it as an opportunity,

ian8limelight
26-05-2006, 03:46 PM
All the best, matey. Fingers are crossed that you'll find some more full-time work soon.

CRAZY K
26-05-2006, 04:09 PM
Matt, I have emailed privately,

CRAZY K