PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed

Disco1973
25-05-2006, 09:00 PM
Hope this is the right forum, if not can one of the mods please move it. :beer:

Doing our local school's Summer BBQ/Disco this year again and weather permitting it will be an outdoor event.

What are the rules on sound levels/playing times? Last year I used the school PA system (crap!) and kept it reasonably low all night. People rang the police to complain about the noise by 8.30pm, and we were told to turn it down to a ridiculously barely audible level, which ruined a good evening.

To avoid a repeat this year, and I'm using my system this time, whats the score with all of this?

Thanks in advance for any help. :beer:

Corabar Entertainment
25-05-2006, 09:03 PM
I am not sure on the db level legally, but most local authorities have their own guidlines.

I would suggest that you or the school contact the Environmental Health Dept of your local Council - they should be able to give you the low-down.

Disco1973
25-05-2006, 09:07 PM
Will special licenses be required etc? Basically its a fund raiser evening for the school run by the PTA. £7.50 tickets which include your food, and then theres raffles, sweet shops etc.

Corabar Entertainment
25-05-2006, 09:09 PM
PPL Licence

Disco1973
25-05-2006, 09:31 PM
thanks for the help - will get onto the council tomorrow to find out what the score is :beer: