PDA

View Full Version : Venue database

rob1963
07-11-2009, 12:49 AM
In order to keep up the profile of the venue database, allow people to discuss it & encourage them to sumbit venues, I would like to suggest that the sticky venue database thread in the Mobile Disco forum is unlocked.

Otherwise (despite the fact it's a sticky) I think there is less chance of people reading the thread & as they have nowhere to discuss it there is probably less chance of them submitting to the database, in which case it would be more likely to die a death...which I think would be a real shame.

:)

rob1963
10-11-2009, 12:53 PM
I guess that's a no then.

rob1963
16-11-2009, 09:24 PM
If anyone wants some of my spray which makes you completely invisible, just let me know!

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Rob

Whilst we appreciate your interest in this and all your hard work, unfortunatly, the majority of members of this site have proved that they can't be bothered, even though a lot of them said they'd help.

Same old same old.....

CRAZY K
16-11-2009, 10:53 PM
Rob

Whilst we appreciate your interest in this and all your hard work, unfortunatly, the majority of members of this site have proved that they can't be bothered, even though a lot of them said they'd help.

Same old same old.....

If it was mentioned to me again in simplistic terms how you get started (again) I will err make an effort to put up some entries.

Its a bit hectic here --apologies;)

CRAZY K

Shaun
16-11-2009, 11:57 PM
If it was mentioned to me again in simplistic terms how you get started (again) I will err make an effort to put up some entries.

Its a bit hectic here --apologies;)

CRAZY K

Hi Alan,

Firstly, you need to have signed up for a listing on the directory. If you haven't already done so, you can do so by clicking here (http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/register.php) and following the on screen instructions. Registration is free.

If you've already registered on the directory, click here (http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/login.php) and enter your directory username and password. Once logged in just click on the 'Add Venue' tab. :beer1:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/ShaunF/1_.png

CRAZY K
17-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Hi Alan,

Firstly, you need to have signed up for a listing on the directory. If you haven't already done so, you can do so by clicking here (http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/register.php) and following the on screen instructions. Registration is free.

If you've already registered on the directory, click here (http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/login.php) and enter your directory username and password. Once logged in just click on the 'Add Venue' tab. :beer1:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/ShaunF/1_.png

Thanks Shaun, will look at this tonight

Alan

CRAZY K

rob1963
17-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Rob

Same old same old.....

Oh well...at least the database is a useful resource for DJs in the South East!

:D :D :D

CRAZY K
17-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Oh well...at least the database is a useful resource for DJs in the South East!

:D :D :D

Not much longer providing I can work out how I post venues --;)

CRAZY K

Richie
17-11-2009, 05:48 PM
We do hope to develop this area of the site but it depends how popular it gets. I am reluctant to put too much time into it if not many people are bothered with it.

Any submissions that people do add are much appreciated and hopefully as it gets bigger it will attract more use.

soundtracker
17-11-2009, 05:51 PM
I've tried to update and add a few entries, but I can't get past the :Censored: captcha thing, and have given up in frustration!!

CRAZY K
17-11-2009, 08:35 PM
We do hope to develop this area of the site but it depends how popular it gets. I am reluctant to put too much time into it if not many people are bothered with it.

Any submissions that people do add are much appreciated and hopefully as it gets bigger it will attract more use.

Hi Richie, just made a start, out of interest why havent we included the capacity of the venue which dictates the size of sound system required ?

I am adding this anyway,:confused:

cheers

ALAN
CRAZY K

Solitaire Events Ltd
17-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Hi Richie, just made a start, out of interest why havent we included the capacity of the venue which dictates the size of sound system required ?

Probably because it doesn't...;)

And most people probably wouldn't know the capacity anyway.

CRAZY K
17-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Probably because it doesn't...;)

And most people probably wouldn't know the capacity anyway.

But this is important information that is useful in assessing likely sound power system requirements.

Small, medium or large.

Im sure we can all work out roughly the capacity of a dance floor:confused:

Am I missing something here?

CRAZY K

Solitaire Events Ltd
17-11-2009, 09:22 PM
Am I missing something here?

Yes, what you are missing is that people would assess it in a different way. In a venue that I might say needs a couple of RCF 15" cabs, others might say definitely needs subs and a large show and also I bet people will post things like "you'll need a 2K show" and then someone will come along and tell them that is power and not volume...;)

CRAZY K
18-11-2009, 07:28 AM
Yes, what you are missing is that people would assess it in a different way. In a venue that I might say needs a couple of RCF 15" cabs, others might say definitely needs subs and a large show and also I bet people will post things like "you'll need a 2K show" and then someone will come along and tell them that is power and not volume...;)

ok point taken.

As a middle of the road merchant---not a bass head or a blow your head off type, I will recommend what I consider is needed if unusual--I did a venue the other week where it needed plenty more sound than you might expect for 80 people--wont go into that further.

I quote watts rms.

CRAZY K

Shaun
18-11-2009, 10:07 PM
I see you've figured out how to add venues, Alan. That's them all approved and added to the database for you. Thank you for your contributions. :)

CRAZY K
19-11-2009, 10:31 AM
I see you've figured out how to add venues, Alan. That's them all approved and added to the database for you. Thank you for your contributions. :)

Thats only the start--I have a huge number as I generally never play at the same venue---no its not because im :Censored: --its finding the time thats the problem :eek:

CRAZY K

rob1963
24-11-2009, 04:47 PM
6 more venues added today.