PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Phones

Jiggles
26-05-2006, 05:17 PM
Is there anyway of stoping interference with mobile phones as the last disco I had was very embarrassing :embarasseand is vey anoying :sad:

Solitaire Events Ltd
26-05-2006, 05:18 PM
Turn it off?:teeth:

Jiggles
26-05-2006, 05:19 PM
No I mean guests phones :teeth:

pulsemobiledisco
26-05-2006, 08:37 PM
Presumeing you mean interference with your radio mic. Just don't use a radio mic. Use corded instead. I only ever use radio mics if the client has requested the use of the mic for a speech etc. Even then I will still use a corded.

reemicks disco
26-05-2006, 08:46 PM
so far we have never had any problems with the guests phones interfering with either the corded or radio mic. (now i've said that we will certainly have problems, just my luck)

Wolfie
26-05-2006, 09:16 PM
assuming you mean the pulsing noise when a mobile phone is closeby, the only way to eliminate this is either as Daz says, get people to turn off their phones or failing that a better solution is to use better cables & better shielding.. metal flightcases or sheets of plate steel (provided you don't block any vents) in between your mixer/cd player component parts.

Another way is to space your equipment using some form of rubber stopper or adhesive rubber feet to keep metal cases from touching each other... it may not cure the problem but will help reduce it..

BeerFunk
26-05-2006, 11:20 PM
I used to get it before, but never had it since I have had all my equipment flightcased (and upgraded to better brands - although I doubt that has a bearing on it)

CRAZY K
27-05-2006, 10:54 AM
Id like to share this--went to Line Dancing this week--some plonker in the Line in front of my Wife and myself started making a mobile call whilst the instructor was doing the walk through!! AAAAAgh!

So the instructor started singing over the radio mike ---why are we waiting---which most of us did as well--the noise was so loud the offending plonker had to rush out the room to cat calls and jeering!

What a plonker!

CRAZY K

Jiggles
27-05-2006, 11:45 AM
Yes it the pulsing noise it gets extreamly anoying!!

eggie
31-05-2006, 12:48 AM
can say ive never experienced interference from mobiles at a gig, even when using cordless mic's.

Corabar Steve
31-05-2006, 06:41 AM
I used to get it before, but never had it since I have had all my equipment flightcased (and upgraded to better brands - although I doubt that has a bearing on it)
Me too, better quality leads help as well. Haven't had it happen for about 8 years now.

soundtracker
31-05-2006, 08:28 AM
Never had it happen to me either!

Have a disco
31-05-2006, 01:28 PM
I get it with my partners phone buy the computer or television signal checks etc etc even feedback sometimes. but never buy the disco equipment yet could you have a fault in your wiring

Corabar Steve
31-05-2006, 01:36 PM
I get it with my partners phone buy the computer or television signal checks etc etc even feedback sometimes. but never buy the disco equipment yet could you have a fault in your wiring
There's no "u" in by (in the context that you are using) :teeth:

I get it with my partners phone by the computer or television signal checks etc etc even feedback sometimes. but never by the disco equipment yet could you have a fault in your wiring

Have I been mixing with Soundtracker too much? It seems to be rubbing off! :omg: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

soundtracker
31-05-2006, 01:39 PM
I'm pleased to see the association has done some good!LOL

Wolfie
31-05-2006, 01:59 PM
As the MDA spell checker can you check this spell for me.

Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg, and howlet's wing.

:D

Have a disco
31-05-2006, 02:04 PM
Struth were all back in class again by buy bye blah blair blur

Corabar Steve
31-05-2006, 02:12 PM
Struth were all back in class again by buy bye blah blair blur
Only the last 3 have no connection & don't sound the same when you say them :teeth:
Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg, and howlet's wing.I didn't know you could get wool from bats :teeth: or that worms could sting either :omg: ( bet that makes fishing hazardous!! :teeth:)

Corabar Entertainment
31-05-2006, 03:04 PM
I didn't know you could get wool from bats :teeth: or that worms could sting either :omg: ( bet that makes fishing hazardous!! :teeth:)...always has been for both the fish and the worm! :teeth: