PDA

View Full Version : How do you use the forum?

Corabar Entertainment
07-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Just curious as to how people are using the forum; do you go to the sub-forum(s) you are interested and pick and chose the threads you want to read, or do you use the 'New Posts" or "Today's Posts" function, or what do you do?

Spirits High
07-11-2009, 02:48 PM
Usually click the new posts to see if there's anything interested been added

Or sometimes just through caution to the wind and click anywhere :D

Jiggles
07-11-2009, 02:50 PM

Mark Wild
07-11-2009, 02:52 PM
I use new posts, but if I have a specific query I'll search it and 8/10 find what I'm looking for.

rob1963
07-11-2009, 04:45 PM
I never use the new posts feature. I find it to be a waste of time, as it brings up ALL new posts in ALL forums...including all the ones I have no interest in.

I manually go into the forums I'm interested in, (the main two being mobile discos & MDD chat), then click on the thread titles which are in bold type, as this shows they have new posts since the last time I looked.

Tom
07-11-2009, 04:50 PM
I take a peek at anything and everything in case there is anything I might be able to put some input in. :)

NKR
08-11-2009, 02:00 AM

andyw
08-11-2009, 05:10 AM
new post's everytime

Paul The Party Dj
08-11-2009, 08:01 AM
It's new posts as the starting point every time for me too even if I'm researching. Next I'll do a search and sometimes I just follow random stuff. I normally take a look at least twice a day - I have been known to log on far more frequently when I've had the time.

soundtracker
08-11-2009, 08:56 AM
New posts, the beauty being that it brings up all new posts in all forums, you never know where you might be able to help someone!

Corabar Steve
08-11-2009, 09:18 AM
New posts, the beauty being that it brings up all new posts in all forums, you never know where you might be able to help someone!
Very true Pete.

Although this does work better if folks actually put some thought into what they call a thread if they need help & that it is in the correct forum. Most technical questions for example should really go into the relevant sub forum (Sound, Lighting etc) to get the best response from people who want to help.

A few times there have been threads that (if I wasn't a member of site staff) I wouldn't have looked at (going by their title), but ended up helping somebody on something I knew about.

andyw
08-11-2009, 01:34 PM

not just help but learn something as well, someone else's problem today could be mine tomorrow

DeckstarDeluxe
08-11-2009, 01:59 PM
i always go on user cp first to see what threads that ive posted in have had new ones added since i last visited the site.

I only go on new posts if Im bored and got time to kill.

sted
08-11-2009, 02:03 PM
i always go on user cp first to see what threads that ive posted in have had new ones added since i last visited the site.

I only go on new posts if Im bored and got time to kill.

Same as me:D

JDB Entertainment
08-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Before I found out about the "new posts" button I used to check the forums of interest to me.

However now it is new posts all the way! :D

DazzyD
09-11-2009, 12:42 PM
To be honest, I've never even noticed the New Posts option until now!

I usually just go in to the forums that interest me and then click through the others if I have the time.

Perhaps I'll give the New Posts button a try!

Danno13
09-11-2009, 01:24 PM
Always use new posts.. and look at the ones that look interesting, unless I'm putting off doing something more important, and then I read them all :D

Adam_F
09-11-2009, 08:37 PM
I manually go into the forums I'm interested in, (the main two being mobile discos & MDD chat), then click on the thread titles which are in bold type, as this shows they have new posts since the last time I looked.

Same here. Probably why I miss so much on here!

kilmeedyman
10-11-2009, 12:36 AM

Only go to individual forum sections if I am looking for something in particular, an old thread or some info etc.

Penfold42
10-11-2009, 12:04 PM
New posts - then the mods section.....catch up on all the gossip! :D Maybe one day lads.....:p ...then wander around, check the main forum bit, check Birthdays...then check mod threads/posts....

DJMaxG
08-03-2010, 02:22 PM
I tend to usually visit the Forums of interest, unless something sticks out.

Commonly "The Gallery" and the Mobile forum