PDA

View Full Version : Just got a New laptop

Cj_The_Dj
07-11-2009, 09:40 PM
i have just got a new asus laptop on vista but for some reason PCDJ RED wont work its talking about back up or somthing. and i dont seem to get on with viural DJ. can anyone help.

Booche
07-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Is it a legit version of PCDJ if so you might have to get the update for vista, if not :(

Hope this helps

Cheers Dave :)

Cj_The_Dj
07-11-2009, 11:05 PM
Got a Link?

Booche
07-11-2009, 11:10 PM
http://message.pcdj.com/showthread.php?t=12289

Sorry i might have got it wrong

If you read that hopefully youll be able to sort it :)

Cj_The_Dj
07-11-2009, 11:32 PM
i got it sorted i just have to start the program different

Booche
07-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Ahh kk sorry i couldnt help mate thats the only thing i could find about this issue :(

notroubleclubber
07-11-2009, 11:42 PM
If you just got a laptop you should be able to update to windows 7 cheaply if its new. If not then id downgrade to xp for better compatibility

Cj_The_Dj
09-11-2009, 01:05 PM
If you just got a laptop you should be able to update to windows 7 cheaply if its new. If not then id downgrade to xp for better compatibility

that will void my warrnty :(

Ahh kk sorry i couldnt help mate thats the only thing i could find about this issue :(

no. your link did helped me. now i have to right click the icon and then click run as admistrator. all works perfect like this.

Solitaire Events Ltd
09-11-2009, 01:19 PM

Changing the O/S will void your warranty? I think you may have got that wrong.

DazzyD
09-11-2009, 01:57 PM
A lot of software originally released for XP needs to be run "As Administrator" in Vista. This is because of a security feature in Vista which prevents software from accessing your hard-drive unauthorised. It's supposed to stop viruses from attacking your system. When you run the program in admistrator mode it gives the program your authority to access (mainly to write) to your hard-drive.

Also, sometimes, when installing software, you may need to launch the installation app this way.

A lot of software companies released updates to their programs to make them run under Vista in this way. However, some older programs simply refuse to run regardless but it's always worth a try!

Gareth
09-11-2009, 04:42 PM

Changing the O/S will void your warranty? I think you may have got that wrong.

From experience, I used to work in a high street electrical retailer and if the O/S had been changed on the laptop / PC the manfacturer would not take the laptop in for repair as the warrenty would be void.

This still leaves the question (which I cannot understand) of how did they offer upgrades to Windows 7 on specific laptops when the user would have to change the O/S thus voiding the warrenty?!

Gareth

Twinspin
09-11-2009, 06:50 PM
Id get rid of Vista. Windows 7 is cool though

Solitaire Events Ltd
09-11-2009, 08:30 PM
From experience, I used to work in a high street electrical retailer and if the O/S had been changed on the laptop / PC the manfacturer would not take the laptop in for repair as the warrenty would be void.

This still leaves the question (which I cannot understand) of how did they offer upgrades to Windows 7 on specific laptops when the user would have to change the O/S thus voiding the warrenty?!

Gareth

I recently bought a Vista desktop with a free upgrade, so I'm not sure how the warranty will be void?

Gareth
10-11-2009, 06:07 PM
I recently bought a Vista desktop with a free upgrade, so I'm not sure how the warranty will be void?

This is exactly what I don't understand. I would like to think that because they are offering the upgrades with the purchase of the laptop, as long as you follow the instructions the warrenty would still be in place on the laptop.

I will do some research into this as I also have a upgrade waiting to be installed on my new laptop and get back with an update!

Gareth

Gareth
10-11-2009, 08:18 PM
Hmmm I can't seem to find an official answer but it appears that you will not loose your warranty on the unit itself (hardware) but you may loose the Tech Support which comes with the laptop if that is applicable. Worst case scenario appears to be if your laptop decides to breakdown in anyway shape or form, you will need to reinstall the orginal O/S to continue with the tech support offered with the product.

Gareth