10-11-2009, 09:02 PM
how do you put up advertisments on a tv in the pub i dj at
i keep seeing in other pubs for example
monday night karaoke
tuesday night quiz
wednesday night free pool
and so on
is this off a computer programme or a dvd
can anyone point me in the right direction ive tried searching the net but im not even sure what to type in the search engine
thanks Wayne

Corabar Entertainment
10-11-2009, 09:09 PM
I'm sure there are others (and people will be along to tell you about them) but we had a demo of Screenfly a few years ago at one of our forum meets

www.screenfly.co.uk

Booche
10-11-2009, 09:16 PM
My sister used to be a manager at a pub and the only way to advertise on there screens was to pay the company that puts them in, its like at some of the post offices they have screens up advertising insurance and local companys but again its nothing to do with them its a company who deals with it all, but saying that this was about 5-6yrs ago so things may have changed

Cheers Dave :)

Dynamic Entertainment
10-11-2009, 10:26 PM
http://www.kaleidovision.co.uk/ in all the venues ive worked with it....and a Windows Movie Maker dvd on reloop in one or two too.

DazzyD
11-11-2009, 12:49 PM
Swift Elite can display images/text while music is playing. VDJ can display a slideshow which you could use for advertising I suppose.

Booche
11-11-2009, 01:27 PM
Did i get the wrong idea from the OP as i thought he meant the screens pub's etc use to advertise what theyve got on, not what he can use to advertise while he's there.

Hmmm i might have it wrong :(

wayne128
11-11-2009, 09:45 PM
thanks for the answers i want to somehow have the adverts going on whenever the pub is open not just whilst im there
please keep the ideas coming

Corabar Entertainment
11-11-2009, 09:56 PM
If you're looking for something cheap and easy:

What is linked up to the screens in the pub? eg DVD? Are they capable of running as computer monitors?

You could simply create a slide show and burn to DVD, or hook the 'puter up and run the slide show on a loop. If they are old tellys though...... :(

wayne128
11-11-2009, 10:34 PM
nothing linked to tvs yet there are 3 of them new ones that i think will run as computer monitors cheap sounds good what do you think dvd or computer

Booche
11-11-2009, 10:51 PM
Am i right in thinking you are on about the adverts etc that are shown advertising companys or whats going off ?

if so then linking up to them is a one night wonder, if you want to advertise on there screens as i said before may cost you but as times have changed you might be able to just have a word with the landlord etc and see if he can add you to the advertisments but alot of times its not done by the landlord but the brewery or advertisments aganecy

sorry again if i have the wrong idea ....

wayne128
11-11-2009, 11:02 PM
sorry ill try to make it a bit clearer
i see around where i live adverts(slide shows) in other local pubs showing the locals having a good time in the pub, fancy dress etc
every 4th picture or so an advert for the pub pops up saying disco friday,karaoke night saturday,quiz night sunday and so on i am friends with my landlord and do discos every week for him and in conversation the other night i said he should use his 3 tv screens advertising his pub rather than having them just switched off 80% of the time i said i would look into how its done and if i could i would do something for him
thanks for all your help please keep it coming
Wayne

Booche
11-11-2009, 11:13 PM
Again this is somthing that i have mentioned in my previous posts if the landlord doesnt own the tv/slideshows etc then it will be a company he pays to advertise, when i was a manager in a pub we used to pay for a big 60" lcd screen which advertised everthing on but to add your bit on there used to cost this is why i keep saying have a word with the landlord and ask who owns the rights to the screens etc as useally they are on a loan fixed aggreement and arnt nothing to do with landlords who advetise's on there its up to the rental company, if thepub own the screens and it is them that do the slideshow etc off there own back then it's up to you to see if they will edit there rolling film and add you too it

wayne128
11-11-2009, 11:27 PM
the landlord owns the tvs. at the moment they are used just as tvs for football and other sport or on karaoke night as lyric screens apart from that they are switched off there is no advertising of is pub at all on them at the moment he is starting from scratch and he only wants to promote upcoming events in his pub and show picture slideshows of past nights, halloween fancy dress,bonfire night etc

Vectis
12-11-2009, 07:12 AM
the landlord owns the tvs. at the moment they are used just as tvs for football and other sport or on karaoke night as lyric screens apart from that they are switched off there is no advertising of is pub at all on them at the moment he is starting from scratch and he only wants to promote upcoming events in his pub and show picture slideshows of past nights, halloween fancy dress,bonfire night etc

Then as a good (cheap) starting point I'd suggest M$haft PowerPoint. Then he can easily edit the slides and sequence, and leave it running on a loop.

Corabar Entertainment
12-11-2009, 08:54 AM
I'd agree. :D

wayne128
12-11-2009, 03:42 PM
im searching for M$haft PowerPoint. and not finding anything
help please
Thanks again Wayne

Corabar Entertainment
12-11-2009, 04:09 PM
He was being sarcastic about 'M$shaft'.... he's talking about microsoft ;)

wayne128
12-11-2009, 07:34 PM
ok ill look at it thanks

patok
01-12-2009, 10:12 AM
I use PCDJVJ & The Logo Creator To Create Logos/Advertisements

1.Create all the Logos/Advertisements you want and save them all into a folder called Adverts.

2.Load PCDJVJ , run slideshow from video effects and apply your first log then it should run through them all

DazzyD
01-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Are the tvs connected to a distribution unit (ie a single signal is sent to multiple screens simultaneously)?

If so, you could hook up a simple DVD player to the distribution unit and play a DVD you've created earlier on a loop.

To create the DVD, you can simply use a program such as Windows Movie Maker or MuveeAutoProducer to stitch together photos of the venue with text screens for the advertising. Once you're happy with the slideshow just use the Publish to DVD option.

It doesn't have to be complicated!

phazelton78
13-12-2009, 09:06 AM
We use this sort of thing for our shop window, We bought a v cheap media player (it was around £25) and some slides made up on ms publisher or photoshop, The slides stick on a pendrive and plug into the front of the box, only thing would be the distribution to various tvs.

Its a very quick, cheap and easy soloution