PDA

View Full Version : Virtual DJ 5 External Sound Card Problem

Dazzling Daryl
11-11-2009, 02:50 PM
Does anyone know if Windows Vista has any compatibility issues with Virtual DJ 5. I currently run VDJ5 on XP and use a Trust external soundcard to my mixer through channels 3 and 4. I have had no problems with this configuration for over 2 years.
My mate has just bought an external soundcard off Ebay and its labelled as a 7.1 surround sound card, but his has the same outputs as mine and the only 2 I use are the front and rear outputs.
When we configured it on VDJ5 we mirrored the settings in "configure" to mine, however on playback we get both left and right channels through the front channel on the soundcard, through channel 3 on the mixer.
The settings are exactly the same on both laptops. The only thing different is he is running vista and I am running xp.

Is this the issue or should he have just bought British and has a dodgy soundcard!
Cheers Daryl

Spirits High
11-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Hi Daryl,

Pop across to the newbies section and say "hello".

You'll find the forum members a friendly bunch if they know a bit about you ;)

Excalibur
11-11-2009, 04:24 PM
Hi Daryl,

Pop across to the newbies section and say "hello".

You'll find the forum members a friendly bunch if they know a bit about you ;)

As long as you don't mention Laptop DJ's, Lightscreens, ropelights, the 70's, you'll never get that sort of money round here.............................................. ......................................:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'd offer my advice on this matter, but laptops aren't really my forte. All I will say is Justin runs VDJ no problem on vista, and even I have been able to play with it successfully on my vista machine. I'd say the problem's likely to be in the way you're configuring a 7.1 card.

DiscoTed
11-11-2009, 09:20 PM
To be honest its the card, use a maya usb 44 and windows xp. other then that your asking for problems, thats my 2pence worth!

Gareth
11-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Silly questions but always to check the basics. You do have the 'Soundcards' tab set to '4.1 card' (or whichever it says on you computer) instead of '2 cards' or 'mono seperated' yeah?

Gareth