PDA

View Full Version : Rip it

funkymike
29-05-2006, 04:48 PM
In readyness for the new licences that might come out buy the year 2020 :teeth: :teeth: I thought with a few hours to spare I would try and rip a couple of my karaoke discs (purley for an exercise you understand) and no problems on EK, Sunfly Etc but a big BUT..........Proburn! They wont rip, not at all, it appears there is something on the disc that prevents me from ripping, no idea what it is, but I use CDRwin and its says its a unknown format?

Any ideas chaps???

Oh I use a HP 9100 cd writer/burner so it is compatable for cd-g

fanks

Mike

Thames Valley Discos
29-05-2006, 05:42 PM
wait till 2020 then try again LOL

funkymike
29-05-2006, 06:18 PM
Gee thanks another great responce, think i will ask on a proper forum

kilmeedyman
29-05-2006, 06:30 PM
mmm, there are some different varieties of copy protection that are currently in use. I think it would take a troll round the internet to find a tool that will do it.
The last Robbie Williams cd does just the same - so I'm told.

I think it might be to do with your cd player being on a pc rather than a simple audio device.

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-05-2006, 06:33 PM
Gee thanks another great responce, think i will ask on a proper forum

Perhaps no-one knew the answer Mike.

If you read the rules it asks you to be patient and not expect an immediate reply.

Corabar Steve
29-05-2006, 06:48 PM

If you read the rules it asks you to be patient and not expect an immediate reply.
I think Paul's answer had something to do with Mike's response

The Forum Rules also state:
11 ) Don't post just to increase your number of posts. If you have nothing to say on a certain matter then don't post. The number of posts on this board has no direct relation to the experience of a member.Which I believe Paul's post falls under

funkymike
29-05-2006, 06:51 PM

yer sorry, in a bad mood!

Corabar Steve
29-05-2006, 06:53 PM
& I suppose daft answers didn't help your mood either Mike?

funkymike
29-05-2006, 06:55 PM
& I suppose daft answers didn't help your mood either Mike?

yes true :embarasse

Its just if there is a licence and you cant rip say proburn discs and as I got 37 of them, thats alot of wastage.

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-05-2006, 06:55 PM

I'll let you off :teeth:

Did you say you use PCDJ? If so, have you tried the CD+G ripper on there?

Thames Valley Discos
29-05-2006, 07:29 PM
i,ll say no more as my posts may increase. but try nero or cdex.
Also i,m sure Mike to my comment in the nature intended as he is a good Mate! :beer: :beer:

dj_ags
29-05-2006, 07:41 PM
Have you tried Windows Media Player? Im sure that there is a function on there allowing you to take the copy protect layer off as i did it with a cd that my friend lent me to copy for my mum's car. Failing that, try iTunes, Nero or any other package that allows you to rip music.

pulsemobiledisco
29-05-2006, 09:26 PM
Have you tried Windows Media Player? Im sure that there is a function on there allowing you to take the copy protect layer off as i did it with a cd that my friend lent me to copy for my mum's car. Failing that, try iTunes, Nero or any other package that allows you to rip music.

But Media Player does not rip karaoke discs.

Mike, give this a try, it says it allows you to rip from existings discs as well as create new ones. I've not tried it as I don't do karaoke, but might be worth a shot.
http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Multimedia_and_Graphics/Misc__Sound_Tools/DART_Karaoke_Studio_CD_G.html

Discodaz
29-05-2006, 09:56 PM
Just a thought and I haven't tried it myself with karaoke discs, but you might want try Freerip.

http://www.mgshareware.com/frmmain.shtml

Just remember to uncheck the 'extras' during the install - free search bar etc.

I use freerip for all audio stuff.

colinm345
31-05-2006, 08:29 PM
I will have to have a look at that one,at the moment I use Audiograbber because its FREE :) http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/