PDA

View Full Version : Mackie SWA1501 volume

Reminisce disco
14-11-2009, 03:33 PM
Just a quick question to all you Mackie sub users. I know it depends on the situation you are in, but, where do you set the volume control on the sub? i.e , 12'0' clock? etc etc.
My reason for asking is I have noticed mine clipping when ,in my opinion, the volume was not loud. I should add i bypass all my bass from my 450's to the sub and even with the sub on a low volume (say set at 9 '0' clock) it still seems to be clipping too much for my liking.
Many thanks in advance,

Pe7e
14-11-2009, 03:55 PM
Just a quick question to all you Mackie sub users. I know it depends on the situation you are in, but, where do you set the volume control on the sub? i.e , 12'0' clock? etc etc.
My reason for asking is I have noticed mine clipping when ,in my opinion, the volume was not loud. I should add i bypass all my bass from my 450's to the sub and even with the sub on a low volume (say set at 9 '0' clock) it still seems to be clipping too much for my liking.
Many thanks in advance,

I always use 12 o'clock or less, the 'volume' control, is more of a balance control IMO. Are you sure the sub's actually clipping? is the yellow led flashing? From what you've said, I think it's more likley the driver's on it's way out.

deltic
14-11-2009, 04:10 PM
have you got your gain staging right ?sounds like the input signal is too high.