PDA

View Full Version : SOLD: MEP 7000 Re-List

simonp
16-11-2009, 09:40 AM
A brief explanation.

The MEP sold to a member of the forum and was sent to him. Once he'd received it he phoned me to say there was a problem and the base unit wasn't accepting CD's - I could hear over the phone a clunking stuttering sound as he tried to load in a CD - clearly it wasn't working, (I was totally baffled as the unit hasn't been used since May, and even then I've never used the CD slots, in fact the only time I've actually put anything in there was when I first got the unit just to test it), so to that end it was sent back to me and full refund issued etc etc.

I received it back roughly an hour ago and performed a factory reset before as I turned it on. Yup, you guessed it - MEP7000 working absolutely perfectly, a satisfying sliding hum as CD slot 1 sucked in the CD, displayed it on the screen and started playing, the same with CD Slot 2.

I can only come to the conclusion that the months inactivity were responsible, having never been used the CD slot took in a CD and went "What The :Censored: is this" and promptly spat it back out again. I rang the buyer to say I'd received it back and after a reset was working absolutely perfectly, and to offer him first refusal as I was going to 're-list' it. The buyer has since bought one of ebay in the last couple of days, hence it's now on here again.

Postage in the UK is £18.50, and that's with parcel force 24.

Offers please if anyone wants the Pioneer MEP7000.

Corabar Steve
16-11-2009, 09:50 AM
Price?

New Rule additions with regards to sellling on the forum.

1: A price (or approx price) MUST be stated in the initial post.

2: No ebay links alllowed initially (although links may be added after 7 days if item has not been sold on the forum)

Any posts that do not comply may be removed without prior notification.

simonp
16-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Sorry, yup, I guess a price would help - As before - bidding starts at £600

jamesh
16-11-2009, 02:40 PM
To be fair if the issue has gone away as easily as that it could also come back just as quick too... so i personally wouldn't want to risk the cd draws on a job as it could possibly still be an issue and happen at a gig....

So i would only really trust using this as a controller for VDJ or to plug in a USB harddrive to it... And if that was the case the most i'd offer is £300 which i'm guessing would be too low for you..

simonp
16-11-2009, 03:09 PM
And if that was the case the most i'd offer is £300 which i'm guessing would be too low for you..

You'd be guessing right, and for some reason I doubt whether the 'problem' would come back as easy, if at all.

Adam_F
16-11-2009, 03:27 PM
If I were you, I'd get it serviced, for your peace of mind, as well as the buyers.

simonp
16-11-2009, 11:52 PM
If I were you, I'd get it serviced, for your peace of mind, as well as the buyers.
Yeah, makes sense to me Adam, I'm on it :D

simonp
20-11-2009, 11:13 AM
NOW SOLD (Again) :D

Shaun
20-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Wow, that was a quick service and sale.