PDA

View Full Version : Time for a change!

Ricesnaps
31-05-2006, 09:22 PM
OK guys, With my newly found spare time, I am going to use some of it to re-vamp / rebuild my frontage (been talking about it for ages now).

Currently, if you haven't seen it:

100_0351.jpg below - haven't worked out how to add pictures to a post yet!

Blue LED's, which aren't sound to light, but twinkle etc...

The plan is one of the following:

1. Keep the same concept with the LED's, but build a number of 1m square panels (all about 10cm deep) which link together as required - giving me the same effect but much more flexibility

2. Build a number of 1m square panels (as above), but use the following in two rows of 4: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4466517182&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

3. Same 1m square panels, but with standard "light box" opaque perspex on the front and the following LED units inside (to create a complete "block" on colour, that changes colour to the music): http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4464904823&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

4. Finally, the same 1m panels, but just plain black, nothing on them at all, but with the following between each one: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LED-MOODBAR-LIGHT-A-MUST-FOR-DJ-S-BARS-CLUBS-DISCOS_W0QQitemZ9732506853QQcategoryZ69960QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

Or maybe none of that makes sence?

I am not a light box kinda guy, so any thoughts? Or any other ideas?

I am not looking for a really expensive solution here, so option 4 is almost a no go!

Corabar Steve
31-05-2006, 11:11 PM
If you're going to keep the banner, I'd say go for option one. It's the closest to what you've allready got & I think that looks very nice (now I can see it all in one go, I re-sized it for you, paint shop pro is a wonderful thing)

Flex
31-05-2006, 11:43 PM
Personally I like the sound of the 'big blocks of colour' of option 3. I have been thinking about a similar frontage using my logo to silhouette the perspex. Do you think the LED option is worth while for the light boxes if you are using opaque perspex?

Ricesnaps
01-06-2006, 06:30 AM
If you're going to keep the banner, I'd say go for option one. It's the closest to what you've allready got & I think that looks very nice (now I can see it all in one go, I re-sized it for you, paint shop pro is a wonderful thing)
That was going to be my next question, but thanks Steve. I didn't even realise I could put the picture in, let alone make it smaller!

Problem I have with that front it that the two panels you see are joined in the middle with a hinge - it's very very heavy and certainly not a one man job, therefore whatever option I go for, it will certainly be smaller panels which I fit together.

Personally I like the sound of the 'big blocks of colour' of option 3. I have been thinking about a similar frontage using my logo to silhouette the perspex. Do you think the LED option is worth while for the light boxes if you are using opaque perspex?
If I don't use LED's, surely I just end up with a light screen, which is what I was trying to avoid. Although the LED colour changers I put the link up for are expensive - have seen a similar item in Halfords for under car use which is beat reactive, but the last time I explored this type of thing the sound sensativity was just crazy, either off (no music) or on (any music at all!)