PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Insurance

DiscoPromotions
03-12-2009, 06:36 PM
Evening All,

Took a booking for next year and a customer wanted us to remove one our terms in booking with us; client advises that their insurance will not pay up if we do not turn up if we breakdown.

I have spent the afternoon researching wedding insurance; reviewing policies speaking to suppliers and contacts I have got in the industry.

Conclusion is that:

- Mobile DJ/Disco
- Musicians
- Toastmasters

are classed as wedding services and the policy holder is only insured against bankruptcy or liquidation; not against if they failed to turn up and still trading.

I already sent a response to client advising that we will not be complying with the request. I expect to lose the booking as we are not complying with the request.

I think these types of request are very rare, but good to know if you are faced with the same type of request.

Wedding insurers I have found and contacted are

confetti.co.uk
markandspencer.com
covermywedding.co.uk

ppentertainments
03-12-2009, 07:12 PM
Just because they are taking out wedding insurance, does not mean they cannot agree with, or must not accept your T&C.

I had a similar query a couple of years ago - can't remember exactly what it was now. I contacted the insurance company the couple were using. They said that basically they have a set of T&C and we have our own. Any descrepency would be sorted by each individuals T&C.

In your example, the insurance company will not pay out due to breakdown and neither will you. Basically the B&G will not be covered for this instance and it is their decision whether or not to accept these conditions. It is true of a lot of insurance policies - there are exclusions.

I think you done right to stick to your guns if you feel strongly about it.

rob1963
03-12-2009, 11:10 PM
Just because they are taking out wedding insurance, does not mean they cannot agree with, or must not accept your T&C.

:agree: