PDA

View Full Version : Virtual DJ / Numark DJIO issues

Jonathan Ford
04-12-2009, 04:46 PM
Hi Guys

I've recently gone digital, but am yet to perform a digital gig (first one booked for tomorrow night). I've been playing with Virtual DJ Basic extensively over the past couple of weeks, though only through the internal sound card on my laptop.

Ths evening, I set up the laptop, DJIO sound card, mixer (Citronic CDM8:4) and amp (Cerwin Vega CV900) for a dry run, and tracks are skipping a fair bit that previously didn't. The green bar across the top of Virtual DJ (is it CPU from the computer?) is tracking further across the screen than previously. I'm thnking it may be a computer capability issue. Any ideas?

ScottThompson
04-12-2009, 06:15 PM
Go into config in the main programme and you will find a popup apears, select the performance ttits and you will see a bar, 9 times out of 10 that is pulled all the way to best quality try pulling the bar to fastest performance but ensuring you don't loose to much quality.

DiscoPromotions
04-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Are you using ASIO for the DJ IO?

simonp
05-12-2009, 12:42 PM
Bin the amateur hour VDJ and use a proper professional program like traktor Pro or serato :sj: :sofa:

Jonathan Ford
05-12-2009, 02:20 PM
Go into config in the main programme and you will find a popup apears, select the performance ttits and you will see a bar, 9 times out of 10 that is pulled all the way to best quality try pulling the bar to fastest performance but ensuring you don't loose to much quality.

Cheers mate.

Are you using ASIO for the DJ IO?

Yep.

DiscoPromotions
05-12-2009, 11:01 PM
What is the spec of your laptop?

Jonathan Ford
07-12-2009, 06:48 PM
What is the spec of your laptop?

Not sure what you mean by spec, as I am a massive technophobe. It's an HP thingy, and has shed loads of available memory. I've disabled pretty much everything from the start up menu, so I'm pretty sure that there isn't anything needlessly running in the background.

Anyway, did my first gig as a laptop DJ on Saturday night, and it went reasonably well. Tracks skipped on four or five occasions - literally half a second each time. However, there is no pattern to it.

Tracks didn't happen when the system was particularly busy, for example searching, loading the next track, PFL etc.. The CPU bar has been full, and no skip, but only halfway and the track skips :bang:

It's not the same songs that skip (for example I played "Relight My Fire" rehearsing at home, and it skipped. However, no problem with it during the set on Saturday night).

In short, I'm stumped!

DiscoPromotions
07-12-2009, 08:42 PM
Not sure what you mean by spec, as I am a massive technophobe. It's an HP thingy, and has shed loads of available memory. I've disabled pretty much everything from the start up menu, so I'm pretty sure that there isn't anything needlessly running in the background.

Anyway, did my first gig as a laptop DJ on Saturday night, and it went reasonably well. Tracks skipped on four or five occasions - literally half a second each time. However, there is no pattern to it.

Tracks didn't happen when the system was particularly busy, for example searching, loading the next track, PFL etc.. The CPU bar has been full, and no skip, but only halfway and the track skips :bang:

It's not the same songs that skip (for example I played "Relight My Fire" rehearsing at home, and it skipped. However, no problem with it during the set on Saturday night).

In short, I'm stumped!

Can you provide the make and model of the laptop

Jonathan Ford
09-12-2009, 12:36 AM
It's at the hotel at the minute (I keep all of my kit there in secure storage over the Xmas perod), so not too certain, but it's a Hewlett Packard HP500 something or other.

During my set tonight, 8 tracks skipped. I kept a log of the times, and tried them all again when the crowd had left - no problems, with exactly the same demands on the system. It seems completely random, and I'm absolutely stumped!