PDA

View Full Version : Companies that have not sent confirmation of PLI and/or PAT

Have a disco
05-06-2006, 05:06 PM
Companies that have not sent confirmation of PLI and/or PAT???

there seems to be alot of companies that seem continually stuck in this section

in my areas alone ie

eastern there is 30
london there is 34

Can we confirm that these companies are to

(A) produce their PLI
(B) produce their PAT

How much are the MDA going to do too encourage the usage of the above requirements to the site. Now we are nearly 1 year old is it not time we insisted upon it, to become an advertising medium for the companies without it. seems totally contradictory to the MDA members requirements within the sites actual main backbone or aims?????

DAZLIN01
05-06-2006, 05:33 PM
Hear, Hear Badger (or is it here?)

When I signed up I was impressed with the part that said if this documentation was not sent within xx days you would be de-registered.

Mind you, other directory sites have the same problem. Hopefully the paying public will soon be made fully aware of the PLI/PAT scenario, and choose us over the businesses which do not show whether they have this or not.

Corabar Steve
05-06-2006, 05:48 PM
There was an online meeting of Mods & Admins yesterday & this was one of the things discussed. It's being handled, but please take into consideration that all the site Admin & Moderators for this site do it volintarily & in their own free time

The aims of the MDA have not changed, but I'm sure you'll agree finding the time to do things like this & run your own business cn be very time consuming, so be patient.

DAZLIN01
05-06-2006, 05:54 PM
And a good job you do too! :teeth:

I know you all work really hard to keep this site great, not demanding it be policed and people who don't provide documentation be kicked off at all :omg:

But hoping that our mission of getting the paying public to grips with PLI/PAT may get them to book us that show we have it over those who do not show. (...Well, we live in hope, don't we?) :teeth:

Have a disco
05-06-2006, 06:42 PM
So glad that things are happening would also suggest a general update internet news letter on a regular basis ie in PDF form for all MDA members

Wolfie
05-06-2006, 10:10 PM
that's all coming... have patience.

i can't say too much (in case a certain person who runs a certain website gets wind & nicks the ideas & then does the usual trick of claiming it's his idea) but let's just say there are BIG changes afoot which will be introduced over the next 12 months & it's all very exciting.

unfortunately, it comes down to that old evil called money & the early estimates are that Richie will be ploughing a lot of his own money into the site & hopefully this will be in more than the planning stages of shortly. At the moment he's rattling ideas around with a few developers who have coded sites on a similar system to the one we hope to have started working on to appear here in a few months. if you think the site is good now, wait till you see what's going to be happening.

P.S. if you have PLI/PAT & have a listing in the directory to say so, why make such a fuss what others are doing... if more people list with PLI & PAT it means you go further down the listing scale so enjoy it & reap the rewards, so stop all this name & shame business & look after yourself.

We can't force people to send papers (you can lead a horse to water & all that cobblers) & just because they have no ticks doesn't neccesarily mean they have no paperwork, just that they probably can't be arsed to send proof to enhance their listing.

Have a disco
06-06-2006, 11:11 AM
but for those of us gone to the great expence of ensuring we have gone and done it. It don't bode very well for the association/directory if we are not seen pursuing those without it......

Do they like being seen as 'using that lovely metaphore' cowboys.... obviously they are lower down the list but people will still search for there nearest disco regardless of PAT & PLI so more enfasise needs to be placed upon the collection of this information, if it is not produced after 28 days then they should be knocked off the site or a simular exercise issue to stop them gaining work via us

Corabar Steve
06-06-2006, 11:15 AM
I would say more emphasis needs to be placed on spelling & grammar or similar :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

Disco1973
06-06-2006, 11:16 AM
My stuff has just been recertifed and i'm waiting for the new certificate to arrive - can someone remind me where to upload it/send it please?

Corabar Steve
06-06-2006, 11:23 AM
Wait 'til tomorrow, the world's going to end later :teeth:

Are we talking the Vaildator sites, or on your listing on this one?

Disco1973
06-06-2006, 11:24 AM
Wait 'til tomorrow, the world's going to end later :teeth:

Are we talking the Vaildator sites, or on your listing?

both/all :teeth: :beer:

Corabar Steve
06-06-2006, 11:29 AM
It's all here (www.admin.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk)

musicinmotiondi
06-06-2006, 12:14 PM
Well done everyone

I agree though with earlier comment no PLI or PAT then they should not be on here.

And I appreciate that it takes time to do this - maybe in future no entry till proof has been supplied.

But like I said glad to hear the site is moving on.

Shaun
06-06-2006, 05:41 PM
I had forgot to upload proof of my PLI and PAT. The files have been sent now. Thanks for reminding me.

How long does the verification process usually take?

Have a disco
06-06-2006, 05:49 PM
I would say more emphasis needs to be placed on spelling & grammar or similar :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

Corabar Steve (http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/member.php?u=30) vbmenu_register("postmenu_38182", true);
No Nonsense Moderator

Not even spelling mistakes 'bother' can no one be different??

(neither could I)LOL

Corabar Steve
06-06-2006, 05:56 PM
OK, I'll bite. What have I missed?

Corabar Entertainment
06-06-2006, 06:06 PM
I had forgot to upload proof of my PLI and PAT. The files have been sent now. Thanks for reminding me.

How long does the verification process usually take?As soon as I can get around to them!!! :teeth: :teeth:

Shaun
06-06-2006, 06:09 PM
As soon as I can get around to them!!! :teeth: :teeth:

:)

Thanks for the reply.

I'll have a beer while I wait :beer:

Corabar Entertainment
06-06-2006, 06:12 PM
You'll be legless if you are going to drink whilst you're waiting ..... in fact, scratch that, you'll be an alcoholic! (There are a few in the queue ahead of you at the moment.) I'll try and get at least some of them done tomorrow. :)

Shaun
06-06-2006, 06:14 PM
Take your time Angela...I have plenty of beer and looking for an excuse to finish it. ;)

Corabar Steve
06-06-2006, 06:20 PM
Send some my way

Shaun
06-06-2006, 06:24 PM
*beer sent*

Better drink up quick Steve. I'm sure I read somewhere on the site that the worlds gonna end today/tonight.

Have a disco
06-06-2006, 08:06 PM
that's all coming... have patience.

i can't say too much (in case a certain person who runs a certain website gets wind & nicks the ideas & then does the usual trick of claiming it's his idea) but let's just say there are BIG changes afoot which will be introduced over the next 12 months & it's all very exciting.

Not UK disco again LOL ooops did I mention his name ohh bother it slipped

We can't force people to send papers (you can lead a horse to water & all that cobblers) & just because they have no ticks doesn't neccesarily mean they have no paperwork, just that they probably can't be arsed to send proof to enhance their listing.

Oh yes you can no proof!!!! no entry to directory seems very fair now, most have had enough free advertising I think now????? those without PLI or PAT should pay for being on the site whilst those with should be gratis upon proof???

Corabar Entertainment
06-06-2006, 08:50 PM
Personally, I disagree Badger. If the directory only had people with PAT & PLI, people would take no notice (you know how people skim when they are on websites). However, as those at the top have ticks and those lower down do not, they are more likely to ask themselves "So what's that all about?" and look a bit closer to see what PAT & PLI are about - therefore getting the message across much better.

Wolfie
06-06-2006, 08:51 PM
Not UK disco again LOL ooops did I mention his name ohh bother it slipped

i'm not saying.

Oh yes you can no proof!!!! no entry to directory seems very fair now, most have had enough free advertising I think now????? those without PLI or PAT should pay for being on the site whilst those with should be gratis upon proof???

OK fair play, but we are here to educate & inform... those who have no PLI/PAT can learn from the site & then update their listing when they are ready & able as well as suitably informed. By flatly refusing entry to those without papers we are going against 99.9% of what the MDA stands for.

Look at the positives... the more people see shows that operate without, the more work comes your way if you can prove you do & with the DJ's who can't be bothered to send papers, well as far as i'm concerned they have no rights to complain that the site is gaining them no work.

Add to the fact those who have PLI/PAT, then the world is their oyster, they will be the ones who can & will be chosen to do the jobs in the posh hotels that require PLI/PAT & work for larger fees as opposed to what the rest are doing which will be working in the Dog & Duck with all the louts & the Lizzie Bardsley brigade & only earning £50 on a saturday night.

musicinmotiondi
06-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Take your time Angela...I have plenty of beer and looking for an excuse to finish it. ;)

Angela could share the beer with you i am sure she would not mind

:teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Have a disco
06-06-2006, 10:27 PM
i'm not saying.

OK fair play, but we are here to educate & inform... those who have no PLI/PAT can learn from the site & then update their listing when they are ready & able as well as suitably informed. By flatly refusing entry to those without papers we are going against 99.9% of what the MDA stands for..

so when will we finally draw a line?? when the councils enforce PEL regulations or when we (SEDA, MDA, NADJ + another groups) combine forces together and make it a big issue within all councils ears and all venues as well with a general letter say in the National press

Look at the positives... the more people see shows that operate without, the more work comes your way if you can prove you do & with the DJ's who can't be bothered to send papers, well as far as i'm concerned they have no rights to complain that the site is gaining them no work..

This is not as it seems no other disco for example, In my town carries either, until I advertise the fact thats how it would stay. No one gives a hoot regardless of my attempts to gain more members, most of them are moonlighters, part timers like me and do have full time day jobs. If I do anything out of order in this town I will be lambasted by all the other disco's just for being right, I have just endured 2 years of this for taking a public house owners to small claims court this has dramatically affected my work for doing the right thing???

Add to the fact those who have PLI/PAT, then the world is their oyster, they will be the ones who can & will be chosen to do the jobs in the posh hotels that require PLI/PAT & work for larger fees as opposed to what the rest are doing which will be working in the Dog & Duck with all the louts & the Lizzie Bardsley brigade & only earning £50 on a saturday night.

Most venue holders are much like the general public just want it on the cheap, in haverhill there are no major branded hotel companies at this moment in time just 3 smaller concerns (10 beds maximum) call it small town mentality. Alot of you bigger concern businesses are in larger towns even cities or say a better client area. It takes money to advertise but local work for me is about word of mouth you just don't upset the wrong mouths

Corabar Steve
06-06-2006, 11:54 PM
PEL is a venue licence, they should allready have PLI & any appliances they have would not be portable one would have thought :teeth:

Could you explain your point concerning it a bit further?

Have a disco
07-06-2006, 06:09 AM
I believe under new PEL rules that PLI & PAT rules can be required now by bands disco's etc the councils can enforce them on spot checks etc etc

Wolfie
07-06-2006, 08:46 AM
no they can't it's a HSE scheme, not a council scheme.

it's that old it's not required but it certainly makes sence to have it.

A bit like if Steve rides his trike on the road, there is no legal implications or enforcable laws to say he must wear a helmet when he rides it. however if he is involved in an accident & has a head injury as a result, then the insurance may well decide to make the claim difficult & not to pay out & say he should of worn a helmet under health & safety issues.

Same with me, if I rode my bike without wearing leathers & instead wore shorts & an athletics vest & had an accident & ripped all the skin from arms & legs, even though the highway code pretty much says you don't have to wear anything other than a helmet, the insurance may see the fact i am not wearing proper riding attire as a good cop out clause.

Like PLI, it's simply a risk you take not to cover yourself.

the problem as i have said before is the venues are tightening up because their insurers want to pass the blame. in the past if you set up & someone trips over a cable (or even a table that one of the staff had put there), it was the venue the client can claim against, nowadays the insurance companies have realised it is not the venue at fault but the person who put the cable (or table) on the floor & whoever failed to put proper HSE notices around the room or refuse the public access, so in effect pass the blame.

Have a disco
07-06-2006, 03:48 PM
Sorry beg to differ most Hypnotists have to carry them both and I believe that councils are starting to include all forms of entertainment under the same catagory as them as to avoid anyone slipping through the net. I believe St Edmundsbury Council are to re-write the paragraph in the next year within there PEL rules as to make it more clearer for Licencees.

Wolfie
07-06-2006, 05:05 PM
Sorry beg to differ most Hypnotists have to carry them both and I believe that councils are starting to include all forms of entertainment under the same catagory as them as to avoid anyone slipping through the net. I believe St Edmundsbury Council are to re-write the paragraph in the next year within there PEL rules as to make it more clearer for Licencees.

What's that got to do with any of what i'm saying though. The councils don't just come along & plonk a set of regulations down without some intervention from the HSE.

The Councils are there to run the licensing, both liquor & Entertainment licenses - nothing else .. they may word their paperwork for the rules of licensing but the actual rules are enforced & policed by the insurers & the HSE. The council would simply provide a set of guidelines & conditions to keep their license.... for example if the pub is known for selling drugs, there would be a good chance there would be no renewal when the license is up.. as would be the case if the place was an accident blackspot with people tripping over cables left by absent minded DJ's or entertainers or if the building was a deathtrap because it was about to fall down.

Fresh
08-06-2006, 02:39 PM

Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you're under. You do not need to look at my paperwork I am all legal and up to date. Three, two, one... You're back in the room.

Wolfie
08-06-2006, 03:02 PM
Nice one Dougal. :D

Thinking about it, hynotists probably DO get scrutinised a lot more. after all it must be a pretty big PLI risk if when someone leaves a show a guy clicks his fingers whne hailing for a taxi & then the guy behind him suddenly starts walking round acting like a chicken or something.

Corabar Steve
08-06-2006, 04:42 PM
LMAO :teeth: