PDA

View Full Version : Don't know if its going to make you feel .... (goodparty.co.uk)

Pages : [1] 2 3

StarZSoundS
14-12-2009, 10:49 PM
any better But...

I have just been on Good Party and there are only 3 available in my area for Jan/Feb......none of which I fancy.

That is remarkably low.So to all you DJ's thinking that your lack of bookings is because you are :Censored: ....think again!!

Things wil pick up big style in the Spring i'm sure...we're coming out of recession ain't we??;)

Solitaire Events Ltd
14-12-2009, 11:02 PM
What's Good Party?

StarZSoundS
14-12-2009, 11:03 PM
What's Good Party?

Not sure if you're joshing....i've seen it mentioned on here before;)

Solitaire Events Ltd
14-12-2009, 11:07 PM
Not sure if you're joshing....i've seen it mentioned on here before;)

I wasn't. I don't know what it is. Should I?

StarZSoundS
14-12-2009, 11:14 PM
I wasn't. I don't know what it is. Should I?

Darren

I think if other members of this site are not aware of this service then it may be quite valuable to them.GOODPARTY.CO.UK shows potential bookings for DJ's in their area.

I have bobbed in and got myself some interesting new venues from it..there is a small fee.....but I have recouped it a thousand fold;) :)

Danno13
14-12-2009, 11:17 PM
It was good when it first came out and I took a fair few bookings from and and filled some quiet nights, but enquiries have dropped dramatically since then. I pop on every month or so and there's never anything worthwhile to go for, despite me having credit left with them :(

It is a good concept though, in that you can aim for the enquiries with budgets to suit your pricing - unlike direct website enquiries when you can often waste your time responding, to find out they can't afford you.

StarZSoundS
14-12-2009, 11:21 PM
It was good when it first came out and I took a fair few bookings from and and filled some quiet nights, but enquiries have dropped dramatically since then. I pop on every month or so and there's never anything worthwhile to go for, despite me having credit left with them :(

It is a good concept though, in that you can aim for the enquiries with budgets to suit your pricing - unlike direct website enquiries when you can often waste your time responding, to find out they can't afford you.

Danno....I was under the impression that we all knew about it??If you even used it for one booking and it managed to get your feet under the table with another venue then its worth the tenner credit you have bought??;)

gaza
15-12-2009, 10:07 AM
So, do you deposit funds with them when you first join, or just when you start receiving the emails and then pay them for the contact details?.

StarZSoundS
15-12-2009, 10:15 AM
So, do you deposit funds with them when you first join, or just when you start receiving the emails and then pay them for the contact details?.

Firstly.....take a look at whats on offer!!

This is very important....there isnt a lot happening at the moment but in the summer there was up to 50 options:eek: :eek: :eek:

In order to secure the party you need the contact details....thats when they mace you for the fee.(depending on the value of the booking to you).

Gazza ....I do recommend a little investment....it has been good for me!!

SC Events
15-12-2009, 10:32 AM
I've put £10.00 in to it, let's see what it does for me!

StarZSoundS
15-12-2009, 10:39 AM
Would one of the mods consider renaming the thread as I think it needs something with goodparty.co.uk in the title....

It may be of use to some??

gaza
15-12-2009, 10:47 AM
Firstly.....take a look at whats on offer!!

This is very important....there isnt a lot happening at the moment but in the summer there was up to 50 options:eek: :eek: :eek:

In order to secure the party you need the contact details....thats when they mace you for the fee.(depending on the value of the booking to you).

Gazza ....I do recommend a little investment....it has been good for me!!

Ok thanks for that.:)

StarZSoundS
15-12-2009, 10:51 AM
Ok thanks for that.:)

Not on any commision...honest:eek: ;)

Rowleys
15-12-2009, 11:03 AM
TXT speak again

Booche
15-12-2009, 11:08 AM
just signed upto thanks for that Starz, will be popping some credit on soon enough :)

Cheers Dave :)

StarZSoundS
15-12-2009, 11:20 AM
just signed upto thanks for that Starz, will be popping some credit on soon enough :)

They also send you an email immediately each time a new one is added.I've had a lot of fun with it!!

I really thought you were all aware or i'd have mentioned it sooner!!

Rowleys
15-12-2009, 11:34 AM
lol well i just rang like the top 4 newest added in west mindlands

and they booked DJ's and i asked how much there paying and told me all about £120 :(

i will keep checking everyday for a new one

StarZSoundS
15-12-2009, 11:53 AM

and they booked DJ's and i asked how much there paying and told me all about £120 :(

Well...If nothing else it keeps you abreast of what others are charging in your area:bang: :bang: from the horses mouth:eek: :eek:

Up to you to use your negotiation skills??

These are real people looking for real DJ's...and they are not all that end of the market!!

gaza
15-12-2009, 12:08 PM

So the ones where the gigs have been filled were still on there?.

yourdj
15-12-2009, 01:26 PM
Where is the link?

gaza
15-12-2009, 01:26 PM
The Goodparty Website is down at the moment.

Where is the link?

Here you go

http://www.goodparty.co.uk/

The Goodparty Website is down at the moment.

Ok now.

I went on and registered, then i paid for an enquiry here in Rickmansworth.
Then after emailing the client i went straight back onto the site and the enquiry had gone.
I asume that the cient had removed it, but it did seem a little strange how quick it was removed.

Daryll
15-12-2009, 05:00 PM
Funny you should say that.
I registered and paid for two local events , after i sent out the emails , they both vanished :confused:

Daryll

Danno13
15-12-2009, 05:02 PM
I think that's to stop you replying to the same enquiry twice, not because the customer has removed them. If you go into your "bought enquiries" (or something like that) they'll still be there.

Daryll
15-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Cheers Danno
that is indeed the case

Daryll

gaza
15-12-2009, 05:10 PM
I think that's to stop you replying to the same enquiry twice, not because the customer has removed them. If you go into your "bought enquiries" (or something like that) they'll still be there.

Thanks for that.:)

StarZSoundS
15-12-2009, 05:16 PM
I'm not suggesting anyone builds there business round whats on offer....I have only spent about £15.00 in a year.

However as I have had a lot of residencies and repeat business lately I used it to keep my eye in on working with total,total strangers!!

I went on and registered, then i paid for an enquiry here in Rickmansworth.
Then after emailing the client i went straight back onto the site and the enquiry had gone.
I asume that the cient had removed it, but it did seem a little strange how quick it was removed.

You may have more success ringing them rather than e-mailing.....put them on the spot.They can claim they never received your email....once I have got people talking I tend to close the deal!!

Jonny Boy
16-12-2009, 08:35 AM
You may have more success ringing them rather than e-mailing.....put them on the spot.They can claim they never received your email....once I have got people talking I tend to close the deal!!

Didn't realise you get their phone number also (am registered but never purchased an enquiry). What other info do you get once you purchase the lead?

It does seem a useful way to be proactive filling dates, but some of the info provided is quite minimal, and what they want might escallate my price beyond their budget.

Also, people ask about "bands" but no mention of solo acts, which might bring the package within their (sometimes unrealistic) budget.

StarZSoundS
16-12-2009, 09:13 AM
Didn't realise you get their phone number also (am registered but never purchased an enquiry). What other info do you get once you purchase the lead?

It does seem a useful way to be proactive filling dates, but some of the info provided is quite minimal, and what they want might escallate my price beyond their budget.

Also, people ask about "bands" but no mention of solo acts, which might bring the package within their (sometimes unrealistic) budget.

I have now had contact from the owner of the site who has noticed a lot of interest from members on the site and is actually reading what we are posting.

He wants to improve the site and would listen to any suggestions.Maybe someone on here would like to take up the mantle as I am to IT what Cyril Smith was to Hang-Gliding.

Maybe a job for Darren or a Mod;) :eek:

Booche
16-12-2009, 09:17 AM
Free replys for MDD Senior Members :whistle:

Just kidding i think the site is a really good way of filling in the dates you have spare ( if you get the gig ) ;)

discomobiledj
16-12-2009, 09:31 AM
Based in Denmark....interesting

simonp
16-12-2009, 11:02 AM
I've just registered as well - not a lot in my area though :(

StarZSoundS
16-12-2009, 11:22 AM
I've just registered as well - not a lot in my area though :(

Simon...

My opening post suggested that it was particularly quiet at the moment.In June/July your page will be full of pickings from the rich mans table:D :eek:

Also try the radio button on the left.

Parties with fewest enquiries to get a national picture...I know some of you don't mind travelling!!

Any takers for liasing with Casper from Denmark yet??

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-12-2009, 11:27 AM
You may have more success ringing them rather than e-mailing.....put them on the spot.

I disagree. Bad practise. If people want to be contacted by phone then fair enough, but you shouldn't be putting anyone 'on the spot'.

Jonny Boy
16-12-2009, 11:54 AM
I have now had contact from the owner of the site who has noticed a lot of interest from members on the site and is actually reading what we are posting.

He wants to improve the site and would listen to any suggestions.Maybe someone on here would like to take up the mantle as I am to IT what Cyril Smith was to Hang-Gliding.

Maybe a job for Darren or a Mod;) :eek:

Excellent idea. I have next-to-zero technical knowledge myself but some ideas - happy to contribute.

I will be dropping their admin email a memo with some of my thoughts & ideas.
For instance there is nothing for "Swing/Rat Pack bands/artists" which makes up a substantial chunk of what many of we singers (esp in the UKWSN) do at weddings. Very popular (still).

I disagree. Bad practise. If people want to be contacted by phone then fair enough, but you shouldn't be putting anyone 'on the spot'.

Kind of agree, kind of don't. A call is a better way to get all info you need for an accurate quote, without to-ing and fro-ing for clarification, plus can establish a rapport early on more easily, use you selling skills, get an early idea how you can fit the show to what they want.....

"You want jazz played during the wedding breakfast? - no problem! I have an extensive collection of lounge & jazz which have worked well as background music in the past. I'll note that and include it in the price."

If someone has given their phone number, then obviously the don't object to a call.

HOWEVER, you are entirely correct IMO, and if someone has chosen to use an electronic medium to enquire, it would only be courtesy to give the final quotation/try to close the sale by electronic medium also.

Depending how well rapport was established in the call, a possible follow up WITH PERMISSION (gained in first call.) might help secure a sale/show you care about their custom/opinion, IMO
ie
"I'll drop you an email with a breakdown of the cost for what we've discussed so you can chat about it with <partner's name>. Would it be Ok if I give you a quick call in a couple of days to see what you thought of it?"

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-12-2009, 11:56 AM
A call is a better way to get all info you need for an accurate quote, without to-ing and fro-ing for clarification, plus can establish a rapport early on more easily, use you selling skills, get an early idea how you can fit the show to what they want.....

I agree, but I wasn't commenting on that.

soundtracker
16-12-2009, 11:58 AM

However, after seeing some of the atrocious spelling and grammar on this site, I can understand why some may wish to opt for the telephone to make contact!;)

simonp
16-12-2009, 12:28 PM
Simon...

My opening post suggested that it was particularly quiet at the moment.In June/July your page will be full of pickings from the rich mans table:D :eek:

Yeah, I did realise that, and didn't expect much to be up there at this time to be honest

Also try the radio button on the left.

Parties with fewest enquiries to get a national picture...I know some of you don't mind travelling!!

I did that as well, there are some interesting ones (albeit a fair few when I'm already booked - typical) that I may consider a follow up - there are some ridiculous ones as well, some girl wanting a NYE DJ/Disco for about 16 people for about £100 :lol:

deltaforce
18-12-2009, 12:33 AM
check this one out from goodparty canterbury

Need a DJ for my sisters 18th Birthday party. We have hired a nightclub in Canterbury and the DJ can use the clubs speakers and lights and stuff. We want a really good mix DJ not one of the cheesey crap DJs that talks all night and plays the macarena!

anyone got judge jules number

some people :D

Corabar Entertainment
18-12-2009, 12:54 AM
Oi! Come on now.... we don't want this thread to turn into a 'run down the people asking for DJs' thread! :mad:

StarZSoundS
18-12-2009, 06:49 AM

Need a DJ for my sisters 18th Birthday party. We have hired a nightclub in Canterbury and the DJ can use the clubs speakers and lights and stuff. We want a really good mix DJ not one of the cheesey crap DJs that talks all night and plays the macarena!

I actually prefer it when customers tell me what they want.I'm sure most of us can adopt the required persona and music for a gig.I am actually a lot of the negatives that the customer describes(apart from talking TOO much) and it pays me very well....BUT...I can be what ever you want...SIR:eek: :eek: :eek:

Excalibur
18-12-2009, 07:43 AM
I actually prefer it when customers tell me what they want.I'm sure most of us can adopt the required persona and music for a gig.I am actually a lot of the negatives that the customer describes(apart from talking TOO much) and it pays me very well....BUT...I can be what ever you want...SIR:eek: :eek: :eek:

Funny how some of us can, eh? ;) :D :D
Just registered, some very interesting ones on there, a couple I may have a punt at. ( Don't think I'll quote for the Penrith Hotel one) ;) :D :D
Thanks for the heads up re the site, could be very useful .

simonp
18-12-2009, 08:18 AM

Didn't see that one, that's my sort of job and only a couple of miles from me - going to have look for the post

Found it, reason I didn't look earlier is I'm already booked on 23rd Jan, dunno whether to :) or :( as it looks a lot better gig that I'm already booked for!!!
Having said that, I'm struggling to think which nightclub in Canterbury is letting someone do a private hire on a Saturday Night.

StarZSoundS
18-12-2009, 09:27 AM
Found it, reason I didn't look earlier is I'm already booked on 23rd Jan, dunno whether to :) or :( as it looks a lot better gig that I'm already booked for!!!
Having said that, I'm struggling to think which nightclub in Canterbury is letting someone do a private hire on a Saturday Night.

I got a bit of free credit for leading so many new members to the site....so i'm happy!!

Looking for someone more IT proficient than me to perhaps deveolpe a better link with the owner of the site.....How do the Mods feel about that.

Shaun
18-12-2009, 10:12 AM
I got a bit of free credit for leading so many new members to the site....so i'm happy!!

Looking for someone more IT proficient than me to perhaps deveolpe a better link with the owner of the site.....How do the Mods feel about that.

I'm unsure of what you're asking. Are you looking to have a more permanent link to good party placed here on the MDD, so you can make more free credit from leads you inform our members about? That's basically a referral link, and are not prohibited here on the forum.

To be honest I'm surprised this thread is still here. Although not technically a listings site, the goodparty site is still a site that has similarities to the MDD (i.e it generates leads for DJs).

14(b). Advertising of listing or directory sites
No other mobile disco listing / entertainment site or forum can be either promoted on this forum or flamed by any of the members without the permission of the Mods and Admins before posting.

15. You may not post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral without the express permission of the Site Admin.

Excalibur
18-12-2009, 10:26 AM
I'm unsure of what you're asking. Are you looking to have a more permanent link to good party placed here on the MDD, so you can make more free credit from leads you inform our members about? That's basically a referral link, and are not prohibited here on the forum.

To be honest I'm surprised this thread is still here. Although not technically a listings site, the goodparty site is still a site that has similarities to the MDD (i.e it generates leads for DJs).

Shaun, I'm confused. :confused: ( Nothing new there then, thousands of voices cry in unison. :D :D )

Isn't this site offering work to us, rather than being competition? If I'm missing something obvious, then sorry.

Vectis
18-12-2009, 10:27 AM
To be honest I'm surprised this thread is still here.

Me too :mad: I've had references to certain websites pulled quicker than Katie Price's latest beau

Excalibur
18-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Me too :mad: I've had references to certain websites pulled quicker than Katie Price's latest beau

So? You didn't really expect www.robjamesfanclub.co.uk to be very well received on here, did you? :D

Shaun
18-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Shaun, I'm confused. :confused: ( Nothing new there then, thousands of voices cry in unison. :D :D )

Isn't this site offering work to us, rather than being competition? If I'm missing something obvious, then sorry.

Maybe I'm the confused one. I haven't had time to look at the site in question or establish how it works, but from what I gather from scanning through this thread, you pay the site to be able to access leads...which is no different from a listing site where you pay for a listing to enable clients to contact you with leads.

Martin is correct. Threads of this type have been removed swiftly in the past. I've not had time to look into the site that's been posted though, but admins and mods have posted in this topic already (without removing it) so maybe I'm missing something.

StarZSoundS
18-12-2009, 10:41 AM

Firstly.....

Darren asked for more information on the site.My post (32) was not only bringing it to the mods attention....it was sort of asking for help.

This was a genuine post.I didn't ask for the extra credits. I have been championing the cause as it was appearing to be useful for other DJ's not for some Geezer in Denmark.....I thought this was one of the ideas of the forum.

If its a problem i'll ask the site owner to take back the credits....Or send the MDD 30 QUIDS to donate to their favourite charity!!:bang: :bang: :bang:

Shaun
18-12-2009, 10:57 AM
I have been championing the cause as it was appearing to be useful for other DJ's not for some Geezer in Denmark.....I thought this was one of the ideas of the forum.

The idea of this site is to help DJs. However, your post below has me confused. I'm still trying to fully establish what you're asking?

StarZSoundS
18-12-2009, 11:11 AM
The idea of this site is to help DJs. However, your post below has me confused. I'm still trying to fully establish what you're asking?

Hard as it may be to come to terms with it Shaun this Danish guy has come up with an idea that has benefitted at least an estimated 6 DJ's on this site already.

It happened that I was innocently the catalyst for this event.The owner of the site contacted me and asked if there were any changes to the site that could help the members who had newly joined GoodParty.

Among all the posts that I spend defending myself from the accusations of being stuck in the 70's amd money orientated you may have picked up that I am also not very proficient with IT.....

So in my earlier post I was asking if there was anyone else who wanted to run with it......... I didn't realise it was an issue of such magnitude:eek: :bang:

Excalibur
18-12-2009, 11:12 AM

And I thought the idea of Good party was to help these DJ's fill empty slots?
I think the only certainty on this is that everything posted here has been done openly and in good faith.

StarZSoundS
18-12-2009, 11:22 AM
And I thought the idea of Good party was to help these DJ's fill empty slots?
I think the only certainty on this is that everything posted here has been done openly and in good faith.

GGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAA CCCCCCCCCCCCCCIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

:beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :) :) :) ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D

SC Events
18-12-2009, 11:40 AM
Goalacio???

Huh? :confused: :confused: :confused:

What's that got to do with the price of fish or am I missing something?

StarZSoundS
18-12-2009, 11:50 AM
Goalacio???

Huh? :confused: :confused: :confused:

What's that got to do with the price of fish or am I missing something?

You won't remember this.....

Late 90s' Italian Football was very popular on Sunday Afternoon T.V.

A particular commentator was known for making an exaggerated chant like I mentioned when a goal was scored.

I must be stuck in the 90's as well....cos when somebody says or does something that pleases me.....I still shout it....which is what I was doing!!

Jonny Boy
18-12-2009, 12:04 PM
Rightly or wrongly linked, I have likewise already found the site of use and have been asked to call a lady back this evening re: a live show where the budget (although seeking a band) makes a band untenable.

She as yet doesn't have a DJ either, so will be passing that on so someone else may benefit also. (It's a venue I am not willing to DJ at myself.)

Also have been corresponding with a really nice Danish guy, Casper, who is the site admin. He very quickly added a new category specifically for "singers" (rather than bands) - which opens the market up further again and in turn may allow me to pass more work on by suggested co-op shows between myself and other DJs in that area.

Just my 2p worth.

SC Events
18-12-2009, 12:10 PM
You won't remember this.....

Late 90s' Italian Football was very popular on Sunday Afternoon T.V.

A particular commentator was known for making an exaggerated chant like I mentioned when a goal was scored.

I must be stuck in the 90's as well....cos when somebody says or does something that pleases me.....I still shout it....which is what I was doing!!

...Right..! That'll explain it then. Must be my age again! :D

Excalibur
18-12-2009, 12:30 PM
...Right..! That'll explain it then. Must be my age again! :D

Youth. It's wasted on the young! :bang: :D :D :D

StarZSoundS
18-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Rightly or wrongly linked, I have likewise already found the site of use and have been asked to call a lady back this evening re: a live show where the budget (although seeking a band) makes a band untenable.

She as yet doesn't have a DJ either, so will be passing that on so someone else may benefit also. (It's a venue I am not willing to DJ at myself.)

Also have been corresponding with a really nice Danish guy, Casper, who is the site admin. He very quickly added a new category specifically for "singers" (rather than bands) - which opens the market up further again and in turn may allow me to pass more work on by suggested co-op shows between myself and other DJs in that area.

Just my 2p worth.

That was indirectly what I was aiming at ....Thank You Johnny!!:beer1: ;)

Excalibur
18-12-2009, 12:48 PM
That was indirectly what I was aiming at ....Thank You Johnny!!:beer1: ;)

Symbiosis. Can't beat it.

Shaun
18-12-2009, 01:28 PM
It happened that I was innocently the catalyst for this event.The owner of the site contacted me and asked if there were any changes to the site that could help the members who had newly joined GoodParty.

There we go, that's the clarification I wanted. I thought you were asking something totally unrelated which lead to my confusion - my mistake. Apologies.

I've now had a good read through all the posts and had a look over on the site, and everything's fine with this thread. :beer1:

StarZSoundS
18-12-2009, 01:35 PM
There we go, that's the clarification I wanted. I thought you were asking something totally unrelated which lead to my confusion - my mistake. Apologies.

I've now had a good read through all the posts and had a look over on the site, and everything's fine with this thread. :beer1:

I accept your apology.....Thank You Shaun.

I have nothing to gain from the thread....I was already a member.I clearly just wanted other members to benefit also.:beer1: ;) :) ;) :beer1:

Jonny Boy
18-12-2009, 02:14 PM
Symbiosis. Can't beat it.

Too right: we're so tuned-in soon me & Starzsounds, we'll be finishing each others sen........

(come on fella!) ;)

StarZSoundS
18-12-2009, 02:34 PM
Too right: we're so tuned-in soon me & Starzsounds, we'll be finishing each others sen........

(come on fella!) ;)

SATIONS;) ;)

andyw
18-12-2009, 02:36 PM
SATIONS;) ;)

come on you can do better than that, i am TENSE with anticipation:)

StarZSoundS
18-12-2009, 04:31 PM
come on you can do better than that, i am TENSE with anticipation:)

TIMENTS ???:confused:

NKR
12-01-2010, 05:13 PM
I have come to this late, but how about a try before you by for MDD members. Ie you get to choose one enquiry for free prior to paying anything.

I haven't registered yet, but going to.

StarZSoundS
12-01-2010, 05:19 PM
I have come to this late, but how about a try before you by for MDD members. Ie you get to choose one enquiry for free prior to paying anything.

I haven't registered yet, but going to.

Simon P said he'd had 5 bookings in 2 days from it in another thread.The Danish Guy is aware it has been popular on this forum.He has even adapted the format to suit Johnnyboy.

He is very receptive to new ideas.Though initially it was me who spotted it I am happy for you to run with it Buzz!!Why don't you contact him!!;) ;) :eek:

Danno13
12-01-2010, 05:24 PM
I don't think a trail really works for this kind of thing. It's a numbers game and you have to probably reply to 10 enquiries before you may pick up a firm booking, so just getting one free isn't going to demonstrate that to you.

StarZSoundS
12-01-2010, 05:28 PM
I don't think a trail really works for this kind of thing. It's a numbers game and you have to probably reply to 10 enquiries before you may pick up a firm booking, so just getting one free isn't going to demonstrate that to you.

Fair point....Pridders may have just got lucky....He has an awesome template for an email to send.....

NKR
12-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Simon P said he'd had 5 bookings in 2 days from it in another thread.The Danish Guy is aware it has been popular on this forum.He has even adapted the format to suit Johnnyboy.

He is very receptive to new ideas.Though initially it was me who spotted it I am happy for you to run with it Buzz!!Why don't you contact him!!;) ;) :eek:

How do you contact him as would be useful to change the price bands. £100 to £250 is too wide. He needs to add to them IMHO. £100 to £175. £175 to £250.

That way I know if I am wasting my time as I might go out for £175, but won't go out for £100.

Danno13
12-01-2010, 09:41 PM
For a brief period they had £100-200, £200-300 and then £300-500 but then changed it back again - no idea why, as those bands were much better!

NKR
12-01-2010, 09:47 PM
For a brief period they had £100-200, £200-300 and then £300-500 but then changed it back again - no idea why, as those bands were much better!

The bands are just too wide at the bottom end. I will use my tenner up and then give it a miss from then on as don't want to be talking to loads of people with £100 or £120 budgets, as it takes time and effort to formulate an approach for a job I might not want. Its not good for the customer either as they may well be getting approaches outside of their budget, which is no use to them either.

simonp
12-01-2010, 11:27 PM
Simon P said he'd had 5 bookings in 2 days from it in another thread.

I got five confirmed, in two days - That's maybe a little misleading as the groundwork was spread over a week - It's just in a 2 day period I got five confirmed if that makes sense.

Fair point....Pridders may have just got lucky....He has an awesome template for an email to send.....

I probably did, as I haven't had anything back from the last 3 emails I've sent - I'll share the template if people want me to (it's not really 'awesome' Martin, a little bit of oversell there methinks lol), it's average and very generic and can be simply altered to 'fit an event', and would probably get slated by some members on here simply because it's me!, however, it seemed to do the job initially :)

SC Events
12-01-2010, 11:31 PM
Well, I tried ringing the people who had listed numbers - No Answer

So I sent all five people an email and have had naff all back. :(

I think I must be doing something wrong!

simonp
12-01-2010, 11:39 PM
So I sent all five people an email and have had naff all back. :(

I've had a couple like that, doesn't mean you're doing anything wrong, some people just don't answer emails, especially if they have things already sorted, it's easier to ignore/not answer them.

JDB Entertainment
12-01-2010, 11:51 PM
I got five confirmed, in two days - That's maybe a little misleading as the groundwork was spread over a week - It's just in a 2 day period I got five confirmed if that makes sense.

I probably did, as I haven't had anything back from the last 3 emails I've sent - I'll share the template if people want me to (it's not really 'awesome' Martin, a little bit of oversell there methinks lol), it's average and very generic and can be simply altered to 'fit an event', and would probably get slated by some members on here simply because it's me!, however, it seemed to do the job initially :)

Would be nice to see your template Simon.

I have a template for UK Disco Enquiries, however its nice to see what others do, as I may have missed things out. :)

StarZSoundS
13-01-2010, 01:32 AM

Just my 2p worth.

Neil.....as Johnnyboy says......Casper can see the value of having a number of DJ's from this site subscribed.Your comments re banding are correct...although I must admit I overlooked the fact when I joined....I think a gentle prod and he'll be fine.

Is it not a bit like being at a Wedding Fayre at a fraction of the price(sorry Darren) and effort(when you have your template done)......????:) :cool: :) :cool:

Just something else i've noticed...

If you go onto Enquiries with fewest replies there may be some that fall into your travelling remit....and obviously they have not been deluged with responses...so you stand a better chance.

Funnily enough...there is a Student function for 200 in Nottingham...that may suit someone on here!!!Believe it or not there is also an anniversary for 8 people in Reading(ahem!!!!)...the mind boggles.Sounds like a Wife Swapper to me...they like a bit of that darn Sarf. I took my partner to one of them over Christmas....and all I got was a tin of biscuits!!

Solitaire Events Ltd
13-01-2010, 07:24 AM
If you go onto Enquiries with fewest replies there may be some that fall into your travelling remit....and obviously they have not been deluged with responses...so you stand a better chance.

Mainly because the budgets are low, hours long and music strange....I've looked at them.;)

Excalibur
13-01-2010, 07:29 AM
Just something else i've noticed...

Funnily enough...there is a Student function for 200 in Nottingham...that may suit someone on here!!!Believe it or not there is also an anniversary for 8 people in Reading(ahem!!!!)...the mind boggles.Sounds like a Wife Swapper to me...they like a bit of that darn Sarf. I took my partner to one of them over Christmas....and all I got was a tin of biscuits!!

You're going to the wrong type of party mate. ;) I went to one where you all threw your car keys in a bucket, and pick one out.

I got a new Sprinter van. :D :D :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
13-01-2010, 07:52 AM
You're going to the wrong type of party mate. ;) I went to one where you all threw your car keys in a bucket, and pick one out.

I got a new Sprinter van. :D :D :D

Who got Mrs Excalibur? :sj: :sofa:

NKR
13-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Okay chaps update on this one.

I actually had an e-natter with Casper today and he agreed that adding a band of £100 to £175 would be a good idea and then having 175 to 250.

He agreed and changed it only to get a load of complaints from DJ's Straight away. Why? If someone puts their budget as £100 to £175 then don't go for it.

The rationale is that some DJ's on the site seem to think that they can talk people up to £250. But how many wasted efforts will that take and just for some wise guy to say yeah I will do it for £125 and then lose it anyway.

I will use the rest of my credit and then abondon ship on that one I think.

Strange breed these DJ folks. I agree with Danno. Get Web Site running and then I can field the enquiries myself at no cost.

Danno13
13-01-2010, 03:27 PM
They should just start at £200 anyway, or £150 at the very minimum. Although DJs would probably still complain at being encouraged to earn more money!!!

NKR
13-01-2010, 03:44 PM
They should just start at £200 anyway, or £150 at the very minimum. Although DJs would probably still complain at being encouraged to earn more money!!!

Agreed. What more can you say than that.

Excalibur
13-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Who got Mrs Excalibur? :sj: :sofa:

Much as I'd like to, I can't do the joke " I don't know, but I hope they don't bring her back" :D :D :D

StarZSoundS
13-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Okay chaps update on this one.

I actually had an e-natter with Casper today and he agreed that adding a band of £100 to £175 would be a good idea and then having 175 to 250.

He agreed and changed it only to get a load of complaints from DJ's Straight away. Why? If someone puts their budget as £100 to £175 then don't go for it.

The rationale is that some DJ's on the site seem to think that they can talk people up to £250. But how many wasted efforts will that take and just for some wise guy to say yeah I will do it for £125 and then lose it anyway.

I will use the rest of my credit and then abondon ship on that one I think.

Strange breed these DJ folks. I agree with Danno. Get Web Site running and then I can field the enquiries myself at no cost.

You're really not seeing things as they are Neil.Forget the bandings etc and identify that they are real people looking for entertainment at their function.Spend your money.....pick up your:Censored: mobile and :Censored: speak to them.

And don't open up with....

"I see you are in band so and so....its a real conversation killer"

Particularly you....who can offer a singer as well!!!

Be proactive in your marketing and don't hide behind the fact that Conrad hasn't got it quite right......

Much easier to sit at home and wait for people to hit your website????....(that you haven't actually got yet).

JJJJEEEZZZZZ you may all be outstanding DJ's but( some of you have)marketing skills that are awful.Maybe explains why the "how unbusy thread we had for Jan/Feb was so popular"... :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Corabar Entertainment
13-01-2010, 05:28 PM
I can't speak for Neil, but if you'd addressed me in the way that you have him in the last post, I would be highly annoyed - especially....
.....pick up your:Censored: mobile and :Censored: speak to them. TBH, I find the whole of your last post incredibly rude.

StarZSoundS
13-01-2010, 05:45 PM
I can't speak for Neil, but if you'd addressed me in the way that you have him in the last post, I would be highly annoyed - especially.... TBH, I find the whole of your last post incredibly rude.

Our business is facing a critical year and some of us are going to fall by the wayside.It may not be enough for some of us to hide behind the websites that we have and expect people to come to us.

Neil.... in particular seems more concerned than others about his lack of bookings and I thought I would try and motivate him into some agressive marketing.....trying to help.This formula has been succesful for another forum member who I will not name without his permission.

I'm guessing Neil may be in his thirties.He likes to josh with me and I never take offence when he joshes with me..... unmercifully....I take it on the chin....like I do with all of the forum members.

Neil you are welcome to PM me if I have offended you!!:eek: :eek: :beer1: :beer1:

Solitaire Events Ltd
14-01-2010, 06:54 PM
I bought a couple of leads for this, but am getting a little suspicious of the quality of some of the enquiries.

There was one recently which said it was for a house warming in December 2012...

womble
14-01-2010, 07:00 PM
I bought a couple of leads for this, but am getting a little suspicious of the quality of some of the enquiries.

There was one recently which said it was for a house warming in December 2012...

I bought a few that were very new and upon ringing they had all already booked someone. I guess you have to be very quick off the mark.

Oh well, nothing ventured...

NKR
14-01-2010, 07:56 PM
Hi chaps and chapesses.

Thanks for the defence by the way, but it takes a lot to offend me. Now I was was going to get the willy out and wave it, but its in bad taste so I won't.

Okay marketing is my bread and butter as I deal in property marketing and not messing about with houses, but some very big kit (I will leave it at that.)

I have bought £10 worth of enquiries and spent some of it picking up my procreation mobile. Now no-one has yet responded to an e-mail or been contactable by phone.

Here is where I am suspicious. The general public list events, that may or may not be 'for real' and then the pack of dogs get into a big old dutch auction or beauty parade.

I tried it out of interest and it was as expected a bun fight.

I am afraid that is not what I am looking to do. The web site should be coming soon so watch this space and then I need to work on targetted marketing. I have a meeting with my business partner on Saturday night to have discussion about what our target market is and how we get into them. Not everyone is our customer - I have turned bookings away in the last four weeks as they are not what we want to do and the money wasn't quite there. Working smarter rather than just working.

Bookings are dissapointing so far, but I am chasing a business plan target, so unless I have a full card I am going to be moaning. As part timers we have £7k booked in for 2010 so far, so its not too bad, but needs driving.

Casper, in my humble opinion is taking people for a ride. He knows his client base are looking for £125 DJ's and knows we won't buy them enquiries. He sells to us on the basis we believe we can sell them up.

That is complete and utter :Censored: and I believe my energies would be better spent elsewhere. It will come good. I just need my next tool of attack and its taking a while, but its costing nothing.

I hope no-one was offended by that. :D

I bought a few that were very new and upon ringing they had all already booked someone. I guess you have to be very quick off the mark.

Oh well, nothing ventured...

One in Urmston by any chance. Could you get hold of her?

StarZSoundS
14-01-2010, 08:41 PM
Hi chaps and chapesses.

Thanks for the defence by the way, but it takes a lot to offend me. Now I was was going to get the willy out and wave it, but its in bad taste so I won't.

Okay marketing is my bread and butter as I deal in property marketing and not messing about with houses, but some very big kit (I will leave it at that.)

I have bought £10 worth of enquiries and spent some of it picking up my procreation mobile. Now no-one has yet responded to an e-mail or been contactable by phone.

Here is where I am suspicious. The general public list events, that may or may not be 'for real' and then the pack of dogs get into a big old dutch auction or beauty parade.

I tried it out of interest and it was as expected a bun fight.

I am afraid that is not what I am looking to do. The web site should be coming soon so watch this space and then I need to work on targetted marketing. I have a meeting with my business partner on Saturday night to have discussion about what our target market is and how we get into them. Not everyone is our customer - I have turned bookings away in the last four weeks as they are not what we want to do and the money wasn't quite there. Working smarter rather than just working.

Bookings are dissapointing so far, but I am chasing a business plan target, so unless I have a full card I am going to be moaning. As part timers we have £7k booked in for 2010 so far, so its not too bad, but needs driving.

Casper, in my humble opinion is taking people for a ride. He knows his client base are looking for £125 DJ's and knows we won't buy them enquiries. He sells to us on the basis we believe we can sell them up.

That is complete and utter :Censored: and I believe my energies would be better spent elsewhere. It will come good. I just need my next tool of attack and its taking a while, but its costing nothing.

I hope no-one was offended by that. :D
Not at all.

Neil...I Knew you'd take it in the right spirit....excellent.

If it hasn't worked for you then I apologise.My reasons for recommending it were honourable.It has worked for others.

Don't believe Conrad looks into things as simply as you say...as the site has a
number of tangents and I doubt wether our aspect is his best department.

Can't think why anyone would take the trouble of posting a potential party if they really didn't want someone to provide the entertainment....bit like my neighbour building a DJ Website...in case he wanted to be a DJ in May??So I think you have that "for real" aspect wrong.

Good luck with your future website... I hope it brings all the turnover you have budgeted for;) ;) ;) :cool: :cool: :cool:

Actually Darren ....thats the beauty of it.... The headings give you the option of investing in the Party....you do not have to buy unless you fancy it.A bit like getting involved in all the threads on the forum....I avoid the ones I don't fancy....then I haven't wasted my time;) ;) ;)

Solitaire Events Ltd
14-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Actually Darren ....thats the beauty of it.... The headings give you the option of investing in the Party....you do not have to buy unless you fancy it.A bit like getting involved in all the threads on the forum....I avoid the ones I don't fancy....then I haven't wasted my time;) ;) ;)

You're missing the point.

How can someone be looking for a DJ for a house warming in 2012?

How do they know what date they are moving on? It sounded a bit strange to me.

NKR
14-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Not at all.

Neil...I Knew you'd take it in the right spirit....excellent.

If it hasn't worked for you then I apologise.My reasons for recommending it were honourable.It has worked for others.

Don't believe Conrad looks into things as simply as you say...as the site has a
number of tangents and I doubt wether our aspect is his best department.

Can't think why anyone would take the trouble of posting a potential party if they really didn't want someone to provide the entertainment....bit like my neighbour building a DJ Website...in case he wanted to be a DJ in May??So I think you have that "for real" aspect wrong.

Good luck with your future website... I hope it brings all the turnover you have budgeted for;) ;) ;) :cool: :cool: :cool:

Its not that I don't believe they would post with no intention of a party, but its what I would call fishing could be a force at work. Its free to drop your party on so why no give a whirl and see what comes out of the woodwork and use the cheapest one to knock the more expensive ones down. It all feels a bit dutch auction to me.
I have tried it and its not what I am looking for. I like to think I am looking for more established customer relations. I am building them and have repeat work regularly coming through (a certain associations annual dinner dance, a casino, etc).
That is what I am looking to develop and I don't think that can happen for me through that environment.
I can see how it could work for some people and good look to the guys that get something out of it.
I will try it for a bit longer as I am not a first impressions man. I will and have posted an initial reaction, but will use little remainder of my credit and see what transpires.

StarZSoundS
14-01-2010, 09:16 PM

YEP.....funny ain't it!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Read it ....Ignore it ....and move on.

Pridders owns up to 5 bookings from the site in one week....Either he's very good......OR.....never mind;) ;) ;) ;)

SC Events
14-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Well, I've had a bit of a change in luck...I have had one booking from the site.

I sent an E-Mail yesterday (about 10 mins after it appeared on the site) and the chap who enquired, gave me a call this morning to confirm the booking.

:D

StarZSoundS
14-01-2010, 09:20 PM
I have tried it and its not what I am looking for. I like to think I am looking for more established customer relations.

Ok Neil.....Crank up your website......

Make sure only former customers and friends a family have access to it tho:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Well, I've had a bit of a change in luck...I have had one booking from the site.

I sent an E-Mail yesterday (about 10 mins after it appeared on the site) and the chap who enquired, gave me a call this morning to confirm the booking.

:D

If thats all you get....worth the tenner???;) ;) ;) Well done bud.

Hows the stubble coming along???:D :D :D :D

Excalibur
14-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Interesting how this is going. I think I can see a possible two edged sword here. On the one hand, the way the site earns its money is presumably to sell details to multiple DJ's etc. However, if said DJ's constantly buy details of apparently unfilled gigs, only to find they've been filled for ages, then they will not be happy bunnies. ;)

NKR
14-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Interesting how this is going. I think I can see a possible two edged sword here. On the one hand, the way the site earns its money is presumably to sell details to multiple DJ's etc. However, if said DJ's constantly buy details of apparently unfilled gigs, only to find they've been filled for ages, then they will not be happy bunnies. ;)

Or can't contact the said person as they have already been bombared ;)

Its not my idea of marketing its similar to the windows of Amsterdam.

SC Events
14-01-2010, 09:28 PM
If thats all you get....worth the tenner???;) ;) ;) Well done bud.

Hows the stubble coming along???:D :D :D :D

Cheers.

As for Stubble, I tend to keep myself stubble free! :D :D :D

Corabar Entertainment
14-01-2010, 09:29 PM
Not on the site, but would be interested to know what systems have they got in place to remove leads that have already been filled?

Solitaire Events Ltd
14-01-2010, 09:29 PM
Cheers.

As for Stubble, I tend to keep myself stubble free! :D :D :D

And anyway, you have to start shaving first. :D :boxer2:

StarZSoundS
14-01-2010, 09:32 PM

You pays yer money and takes your choice.Two quid for a POTENTIAL £250 party seems fair value to me.....cost of a wedding fayre??I love Britains Got Talent but would rather be watching it on the IPLAYER after i've earnt some cash...rather than watching it at 8clock on Saturdays.

Solitaire Events Ltd
14-01-2010, 09:35 PM
You pays yer money and takes your choice

But you don't though and that is the point you are missing.

You pay your money and might get details of a booking that doesn't exist or has already been booked.

NKR
Make sure only former customers and friends a family have access to it tho:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

You are missing the point. I want new customers as everyone does, but I am looking to also established long term repeat business relationships with the right people.

By doing the intelligent donkey work in the early years I can bank on half my bookings from repeat events year on year. This gives a solid, established base income. It takes the uncertainty out of each year and means i am not just filling slots to ensure income. I will be using the vacant slots to hold my nerve to go after the higher end work, because if it doesn't come off we have sufficient established work to cover it.

Its what is known as a long term business plan, rather than annually reactive.

It may fall by the wayside, but I retain my agency work to fill the gaps if it does.

SC Events
And anyway, you have to start shaving first. :D :boxer2:

...Your just jealous of my youthful looks!

:D :P :D

Excalibur
14-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Or can't contact the said person as they have already been bombarded ;)

Its not my idea of marketing its similar to the windows of Amsterdam.
Another downside to the system, if they're not removed quickly.

Not on the site, but would be interested to know what systems have they got in place to remove leads that have already been filled?
Now that's the $64,000 question. ;) Sadly, I've come to the conclusion, that an efficient system for that being in place, would be a lot like Turkeys voting for Christmas.

NKR
14-01-2010, 09:37 PM
But you don't though and that is the point you are missing.

You pay your money and might get details of a booking that doesn't exist or has already been booked.

Exactly. I have definitely bought some already filled and they are now ignoring calls and e-mails.
Its quick draw McGraw not quality selling.

StarZSoundS
14-01-2010, 09:38 PM

As youknow some customers need time to ponder....so I don't think its possible.

Conrads the name...he has spoken to a number of the members.

Angie not promoting the site....just sticking up for it....as I would YOU if anyone dared to pick on you:heart2: :Embarassed:

Excalibur
14-01-2010, 09:40 PM
As youknow some customers need time to ponder....so I don't think its possible.

Conrads the name...he has spoken to a number of the members.

Angie not promoting the site....just sticking up for it....as I would YOU if anyone dared to pick on you:heart2: :Embarassed:

You crawler! :eek: :p :p ( Glad to see you're getting the hang of things here. ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D )

Solitaire Events Ltd
14-01-2010, 09:42 PM
as I would YOU if anyone dared to pick on you:heart2: :Embarassed:

She wouldn't need your help my friend. ;)

NKR
14-01-2010, 09:43 PM

Come on boys stick the antlers away, its not spring yet. :D

StarZSoundS
14-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Exactly. I have definitely bought some already filled and they are now ignoring calls and e-mails.
Its quick draw McGraw not quality selling.

Please PM SimonP....see if he agrees;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

You crawler! :eek: :p :p ( Glad to see you're getting the hang of things here. ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D )

:beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1:

Corabar Entertainment
14-01-2010, 09:51 PM

Well that's given me my laugh of the night! :p

B.O.T: There has to be some system in place to remove leads?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

NKR
14-01-2010, 09:57 PM

Grab lead and pull, unless its an XLR that requires a button press, or a Speakon which requires a twist and pull motion once the collars up?

Surely for the technical section? :p

StarZSoundS
14-01-2010, 09:58 PM
Well that's given me my laugh of the night! :p

Conrad this is Angie....Angie this is Conrad!!;) ;) ;) ;)

Please see post 28..........

NKR
14-01-2010, 10:02 PM

I thought he was a Danish guy called Casper Gronjberg or have I missed something during my conversation with him.

Is he really a Russian called Conrad masquerading as a Danish man called Casper?

Corabar Entertainment
14-01-2010, 10:05 PM

Please see post 28..........
So, in other words, the answer to my question is that you do not know.

Grab lead and pull, unless its an XLR that requires a button press, or a Speakon which requires a twist and pull motion once the collars up?

Surely for the technical section? :p http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_6_3.gif

Penfold42
14-01-2010, 10:07 PM
:lol:

StarZSoundS
14-01-2010, 10:07 PM
I thought he was a Danish guy called Casper Gronjberg or have I missed something during my conversation with him.

Is he really a Russian called Conrad masquerading as a Danish man called Casper?

Thats how well I know him mate!!:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

NKR
14-01-2010, 10:11 PM
Thats how well I know him mate!!:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Nope lost me there. Can we rewind a short wee while there chief.

Is he called Conrad or Casper?

Actually just got it - you are reiterating that you only just met him too so forgot his name. Okay I am back on programme. Apologies for that.

Okay - Game On.

Anyhow had this thread lost its way a little?

StarZSoundS
14-01-2010, 10:20 PM
So, in other words, the answer to my question is that you do not know.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_6_3.gif

Have I EVER given the impression that I am anything other than a crusty old Cheesey DJ who's been in the job too long(note to all members....you may use this statement at a later date.)

Computer manipulation does not come easily to me and International Relations are a no/no.How about you research it!!;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Corabar Entertainment
14-01-2010, 10:27 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

NKR
14-01-2010, 10:28 PM

Yeah I thought that too, but its got way too random to get involved.

StarZSoundS
14-01-2010, 10:36 PM

Angie....You were asking me if there is a procedure for removing leads....I really don't know.

I introduced the site as an option for securing bookings after others on here were complaining about lack of bookings....part of me wishes I hadn't.

If you've invested and it's worked .....great.

If you've invested and it hasn't then I apologise for giving you a bum steer.....end of ....please:eek: :eek: :eek: ;) ;) ;)

Corabar Entertainment
14-01-2010, 10:40 PM
Angie....You were asking me if there is a procedure for removing leads....I really don't know.

I introduced the site as an option for securing bookings after others on here were complaining about lack of bookings....part of me wishes I hadn't.

If you've invested and it's worked .....great.

If you've invested and it hasn't then I apologise for giving you a bum steer.....end of ....please:eek: :eek: :eek: ;) ;) ;)
Yeah... I get all that, it was your last post that seemed to be rather left-field and I didn't get at all BUT...

At no point have I had a go in any way, shape or form. I just asked a question.... and it wasn't specifically addressed to you, but generally to the forum as a whole (Well, anyone who has used the site, anyhow)

NKR
14-01-2010, 10:41 PM

No apology needed. I have no issue with you bringing an option to the table and everyone who has tried and not liked it has not actually directed any critcism at yourself for bringing it to the table.

It must have had some intrigue or we wouldn't all have been popping away at it like lemmings.

Options are options. Some work some don't. I am Sure Simons a sand boy from it.

StarZSoundS
14-01-2010, 10:49 PM
Computer manipulation does not come easily to me and International Relations are a no/no.How about you research it!!;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I'm not the type to go and tell Casper how to run his site....its just not me.I tend to look at things like this in their present form and see how they can work for me.If they have no value to me.....I move on.

However if anyone feels they have some positive input to put to Casper/Conrad I welcome it.Hope that clears your :confused: :confused:

Corabar Entertainment
14-01-2010, 10:53 PM
Well at least that clarifies what you were talking about! :lol: (I was completely at a loss!)

I'm not the type to go and tell Casper how to run his site....Maybe I've missed some posts in this thread, but I don't recall anyone asking you to, and since you were quoting me in your reply, I KNOW I didn't ask you to!!!! :daft:

Methinks that maybe you are taking this thread a little too personally. No-one has attacked you (See NKR's last post :thumbsup:)

ianforest
15-01-2010, 09:45 AM
Like my well built friend, i've never heard of it. i'll go check it ahht though.

StarZSoundS
15-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Like my well built friend, i've never heard of it. i'll go check it ahht though.

Ian

Please see it for what it is .....and not the answer to every DJ's problems.

It is a low cost ALTERNATIVE for possibly filling in spare dates....THATS ALL.It has been useful to some (especially me) members on here....and I wanted to share it!!To others its been a total waste of time............:eek: :eek: :eek: ;) ;) ;)

gaza
15-01-2010, 10:13 AM

Have a look at the Coperate Reception in Amersham one on the 29th October 2010 and look at the description for that one.:eek:

StarZSoundS
15-01-2010, 10:49 AM
YEP.....funny ain't it!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Read it ....Ignore it ....and move on.

Pridders owns up to 5 bookings from the site in one week....Either he's very good......OR.....never mind;) ;) ;) ;)

In reply to your post Gaza....

Covered it post in 95.

"You gotta........

Accentuate the positive......EEELLLIIMMIINNNAAATTEEE the negative":eek: :eek:

SC Events
15-01-2010, 10:50 AM
Have a look at the Coperate Reception in Amersham one on the 29th October 2010 and look at the description for that one.:eek:

:lol: - Some people!

Have you seen the postcode...read it as though it was a car registration plate ;) :eek:

simonp
15-01-2010, 11:14 AM
systems have they got in place to remove leads that have already been filled?

I don't think they have, unless the person posting the job manually removes it or something. I've had a couple of nice emails back; one apologised for the fact they had now booked a band with a DJ incorporated into the package, and the other had simply already booked a DJ.

It is hit and miss, but It's got me a few bookings for a few quid that I wouldn't of had, so I've no real complaints with it.

StarZSoundS
31-01-2010, 10:04 AM
Peter.....

Aldwarke Manor....16th July 2010....

(Wedding for 90.....)

Solitaire Events Ltd
31-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Well, I have bought leads to 5 bookings so far and heard back from one lady who said she'd let me know. I emailed her twice more and heard nothing back, so, so far a waste of time.

I'll give it another few months and a few more leads and see if anything happens.

NKR
31-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Well, I have bought leads to 5 bookings so far and heard back from one lady who said she'd let me know. I emailed her twice more and heard nothing back, so, so far a waste of time.

I'll give it another few months and a few more leads and see if anything happens.

Same position here. Have only had one response from one enquiry and spoke to her about her wedding. I agreed to e-mail her full details as discussed.

Has now gone dead, so no joy here either.

Have some credit left so will try a couple more.

SC Events
31-01-2010, 03:25 PM
It has worked out ok(ish) for me so far.

I have managed to secure 3 bookings from it at the same, or more, than my usual fee. :)

Corabar Entertainment
31-01-2010, 03:29 PM
I have managed to secure 3 bookings from it May I ask, secured 3 bookings out of how many leads purchased?

SC Events
31-01-2010, 03:31 PM
May I ask, secured 3 bookings out of how many leads purchased?

Of course you can ask :D

I bought 6 Enquiries.

StarZSoundS
31-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Of course you can ask :D

I bought 6 Enquiries.

Well done that man.....:beer1: :beer1: :beer1:

Be interested to see what generally peoples ratio of bookings to hits on their Website is??;)

£6.00 for three bookings.....I'll go with that.The local newspaper wanted to charge me £60 for an advert the size of Britney Spears's bellybutton...no guarantee of a return on that either.:eek: ;)

Solitaire Events Ltd
31-01-2010, 03:45 PM
The trouble is as mentioned before is the price banding. If someone is putting their ad in the £250 - £500 band and you are near the top of that band and most of the people don't want to pay more than £300, then you aren't going to get anything.

There have been a number of leads actually stating the fact that they won't pay any more than x amount.

StarZSoundS
31-01-2010, 03:52 PM
The trouble is as mentioned before is the price banding. If someone is putting their ad in the £250 - £500 band and you are near the top of that band and most of the people don't want to pay more than £300, then you aren't going to get anything.

There have been a number of leads actually stating the fact that they won't pay any more than x amount.

Negotiation skills Darren....

If I had a website like yours(which is outstanding) i'd make sure everybody in Berkshire who was looking for a party (and some who weren't) saw it.:eek: :eek:

Lead them to the pond Darren....if they don't want drink...thats up to them!!;)

soundtracker
31-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Well done that man.....:beer1: :beer1: :beer1:

Be interested to see what generally peoples ratio of bookings to hits on their Website is??;)

£6.00 for three bookings.....I'll go with that.The local newspaper wanted to charge me £60 for an advert the size of Britney Spears's bellybutton...no guarantee of a return on that either.:eek: ;)

From my own website this year so far 50% conversion, but with a few outstanding. Good party, 0 from 5 so far.

StarZSoundS
31-01-2010, 04:02 PM
From my own website this year so far 50% conversion, but with a few outstanding. Good party, 0 from 5 so far.

Ok...

Maybe SJS has some advice on converting potential customers into actual customers...;) ;)

Perhaps a template of his e-mail :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
31-01-2010, 04:22 PM
Negotiation skills Darren....

It has nothing to do with that.

You don't half talk rubbish sometimes.

You've never met me and yet you presume I have no negotiation skills?

Nearly a 30k turnover in December last year and 3 brand new venues using us. One who was paying £100 a night less for their DJs last year.

Now talk to me about negotiation skills.....:bang:

SC Events
31-01-2010, 04:23 PM
Ok...

Maybe SJS has some advice on converting potential customers into actual customers...;) ;)

Perhaps a template of his e-mail :)

Just luck I think lol.

Below is my Template though:

Dear ..................

We are available on ......................and our quotation for a Full Disco with Light Show and Smoke (Should you want it) from ..... - ..... at ............................. is £.........

We carry a comprehensive Public Liability Insurance (P.L.I) policy and all of our equipment is fully Portable Appliance Tested (P.A.T). Also, as we use digital devices to play our music, we carry a ProDub Licence as required by the Performing Rights Society (PRS/MCPS).

We do have a vast collection of music, ranging from the 50's right through to the latest 'Top 40' tunes, so we can provide music for almost any tastes. We are also more than happy for you to choose the music for your event and we will also play any requests we receive at the event.

We also use an online Music Request system, via our website, which enables you and your guests to submit any requests directly to us.

Should you wish to go ahead and book us, we will send you a booking pack which includes a Booking Form, our Terms & Conditions and a Music Request sheet. We also ask that you send a small deposit (£20 via PayPal or Cheque made out to 'Scott Cameron') to secure the booking. Unfortunately, without the signed forms and deposit, we can not confirm the booking and the date will be released for another booking, if there is no contact within 14 days.

Thank you for enquiring and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Scott.
Owner / DJ
SJS Discos

Phone: 07843 788 530
E-Mail: [email protected]

Suppliers of Professional "Mobile Discos For All Occasions" in Tamworth, Lichfield, Burton-On-Trent, Atherstone, Hinckley, Nuneaton, Coleshill, Sutton Coldfield and More.

StarZSoundS
31-01-2010, 04:34 PM
It has nothing to do with that.

You don't half talk rubbish sometimes.

You've never met me and yet you presume I have no negotiation skills?

Nearly a 30k turnover in December last year and 3 brand new venues using us. One who was paying £100 a night less for their DJs last year.

Now talk to me about negotiation skills.....:bang:

Very impressive....

However somethings wrong Darren.

From a flat start with exactly the same rules Captain SJS has converted three of his leads....:eek: :eek: :eek:

He got lucky....Maybe;) ;)

Now if I were a Sales Manager i'd be looking to promote that man.:beer1: :beer1:

By the way ....SJS ...great template!!

Solitaire Events Ltd
31-01-2010, 04:37 PM

And what would you suggest that is then?

I'll tell you what I think and I've already said it. People who are putting a budget of £250 - £500 appear to be in the bottom of the banding and I am not.

SC Events
31-01-2010, 04:41 PM
Very impressive....

From a flat start with exactly the same rules Captain SJS has converted three of his leads....:eek: :eek: :eek:

Now if I were a Sales Manager i'd be looking to promote that man.:beer1: :beer1:

LoL!

Thanks, it's not perfect and if anyone has any suggestions how to make it a bit better, as it doesn't seem to read right 100%, i'd be grateful.

NKR
31-01-2010, 04:42 PM
Very impressive....

Dude I would suggest an element of lower pricing is at hand.

Darren thats some serious turn over. I will not be rude and ask for your take, but I imagine a lot of it goes back to the boys on the ground.

As I said before it is working for some and not for others. I really do think there is an element of luck at work as it is that random. There is clearly no pattern to who is winning and who is not.

Pridders and SJS are looking good on it and Darren and I have hit the wall. And (I know you can't start a sentence with and, but I can't be arsed structuring it and then go and write all this - I make no sense) the geographical distribution of success and failure make no sense either.

StarZSoundS
31-01-2010, 04:56 PM

:bang:

Try not to turn this into a money thread Darren;)
Turnover is vanity....profit is sanity.

Never really been impressed with turnover.In my mid 20's I was Shareholding Director of a Fruit Importing Company with an annual turnover of £12,000,000...It went bust in the last financial crisis(1990 ish)....nearly sent me doolallly:eek: :eek: :eek:

Neil...you seem to be suggesting Captain SJS is busier because he's cheaper...that may be an assumption.If you are wrong and I was Scott.....i'd be real offended...;)

Solitaire Events Ltd
31-01-2010, 05:02 PM
Try not to turn this into a money thread Darren;)

Yawn....heard that before sooooooooooo many times.

Never really been impressed with turnover.In my mid 20's I was Shareholding Director of a Fruit Importing Company with an annual turnover of £12,000,000...It went bust in the last financial crisis(1990 ish)....nearly sent me doolallly:eek: :eek: :eek:

And yet you are here trying to give out advice on business and telling me I haven't got negotiation skills.

LMAO!

I have heard it all now.

SC Events
31-01-2010, 05:04 PM
Dude I would suggest an element of lower pricing is at hand.

I have managed to secure 3 bookings from it at the same, or more, than my usual fee. :)

Yes, I do charge less than Darren, he is more experienced.

I don't mean to be rude, but I'm not bothered what anyone says, pricing is very geographical, as in, you do get paid more down south and around the cities.

I have been told on more than one occasion I am more expensive than my competitors, yet I have 6 bookings in February and the rest of the year isn't looking too bad either.

Solitaire Events Ltd
31-01-2010, 05:04 PM

And? I didn't post how much profit I made, so why post that for? :confused:

Solitaire Events Ltd
31-01-2010, 05:05 PM
I don't mean to be rude, but I not bothered what anyone says, pricing is very geographical, as in you do get paid more down south

Sorry Scott, but that simply isn't true.

How many times must we have this conversation...:bang: :bang: :bang:

NKR
31-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Neil...you seem to be suggesting Captain SJS is busier because he's cheaper...that may be an assumption.If you are wrong and I was Scott.....i'd be real offended...;)

Do you think Scott is cheaper than Darren? Its an educated guess and probably on the money.

Its not busier its just more successful on Good Party. It depends where your cos base sits as the bandings are rubbish.

SC Events
31-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Sorry Scott, but that simply isn't true.

How many times must we have this conversation...:bang: :bang: :bang:

I have friends that live near London and they get paid more than what they would if they worked up here....on the other hand, their cost of living is higher.

So I concluded (possibly wrongly) that you get paid more, but have higher expenses, whereas here, we get paid a bit less, but our cost of living is a bit lower, so it's swings and roundabouts.

Apologies if I am talking out of my bottom :lol:

StarZSoundS
31-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Yawn....heard that before sooooooooooo many times.

And yet you are here trying to give out advice on business and telling me I haven't got negotiation skills.

LMAO!

I have heard it all now.

WRONG.....

I wasn't the catalyst for the problem.

Another of our Directors was the one who wanted to serve everybody and anybody and at a time of financial crisis when customers are going bankrupt it is not the right policy....However it did provide extremely well for me for 10 years....before the crash...probably about the time you are pictured on your Avatar.;)

However less about me...

I think a pat on the back is in order for Scott!!:)

StarZSoundS
31-01-2010, 05:13 PM
And? I didn't post how much profit I made, so why post that for? :confused:

But you did mentioned your December TURNOVER....

In a thread that was about a website offering parties. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Solitaire Events Ltd
31-01-2010, 05:20 PM
WRONG.....

I wasn't the catalyst for the problem.

Another of our Directors was the one who wanted to serve everybody and anybody and at a time of financial crisis when customers are going bankrupt it is not the right policy....However it did provide extremely well for me for 10 years....before the crash...probably about the time you are pictured on your Avatar.;)

And now you are a mobile DJ. :confused:

You must have invested and saved well...

None of this would be relevant and I wouldn't have mentioned it if you don't come on here with your advice on what me and others should and shouldn't be doing and how to negotiate. ;)

But you did mentioned your December TURNOVER....

It was merely an example, coupled with the fact that one client was willing to pay £100 a night more, to back up the fact that I do have very good negotiating skills.

Next...

Apologies if I am talking out of my bottom :lol:

Apology accepted. :D

StarZSoundS
31-01-2010, 05:25 PM

You must have invested and saved well...

None of this would be relevant and I wouldn't have mentioned it if you don't come on here with your advice on what me and others should and shouldn't be doing and how to negotiate. ;)

No problem Darren...happier than i've ever been....Suspect your life may take a few twists and turns before you reach my age.

Nice little secure job with the Government...can potter about doing the jobs I fancy and leaving the others for the vultures.Playing the music that I know will suit the occasion and getting loads of financial and emotional credit for it.

If I was any happier....I would burst....POP!!!!....:eek:

Solitaire Events Ltd
31-01-2010, 05:30 PM
No problem Darren...happier than i've ever been....Suspect your life may take a few twists and turns before you reach my age.

Nice little secure job with the Government...can potter about doing the jobs I fancy and leaving the others for the vultures.Playing the music that I know will suit the occasion and getting loads of financial and emotional credit for it.

If I was any happier....I would burst....POP!!!!....:eek:

Good for you.

I didn't know the government employed DJs.....:D

Corabar Entertainment
31-01-2010, 05:30 PM
... before you reach my age.You keep referencing your age, but you don't display your age in your profile.

NKR
31-01-2010, 05:34 PM

Harsh Darren, thats a shot in the arm for all of us. We are not second class citizens.

I am a mobile DJ and four years ago I was buying Porsche's as toys.

Things change. I just used last nights money to fuel both cars for the week. I am not broke yet, but its not where it was. Bonuses have gone and pay rises are a thing of the past. We all have ups and downs, you can't knock him for that.

DJ'ing is now part of our income now and not for spending on meals out and other nonesense like it was last time round. Its ironic actually as I started it when things were good and its filled the gap. Fate has a hand to play sometimes.

StarZSoundS
31-01-2010, 05:38 PM
You keep referencing your age, but you don't display your age in your profile.

For you.... my little precious...I will tell you that I am 51 and will update my profile accordingly.;)

Too late to update my last post but would like to change it to....

"If I were any happier i'd be prepared to go out with Robs Pinspots":devil:

Sorry Rob......

SC Events
31-01-2010, 05:41 PM
For you.... my little precious...I will tell you that I am 51 and will update my profile accordingly.;)

Too late to update my last post but would like to change it to....

"If I were any happier i'd be prepared to go out with Robs Pinspots":devil:

Sorry Rob......

You must be desperate :lol:

StarZSoundS
31-01-2010, 05:43 PM
Harsh Darren, thats a shot in the arm for all of us.

Harsh....I agree....Neil.

But not a shot in the arm mate....(thats a good thing).It was more of a shot across the bows;) ;)

Solitaire Events Ltd
31-01-2010, 05:46 PM
Why is it harsh?

I certainly don't want to be humping speakers about at your age and it's not exactly a job with great pay prospects for someone full time.

Why do you think most DJs are part time?

Because they can't afford to do it full time.

And anyway, the only reason I posted that is because you are saying what high powered jobs you had.

StarZSoundS
31-01-2010, 05:51 PM
I certainly don't want to be humping speakers about at your age and it's not exactly a job with great pay prospects for someone full time.

Why do you think most DJs are part time?

Because they can't afford to do it full time.

Steady Tiger...this may not belong in this thread.....there are 3 or 4 fundamental issues in those three sentences alone.

Angie...Any tasty issues for thread starters there...could be a big week on the Forum...;) ;)

Solitaire Events Ltd
31-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Steady Tiger...this may not belong in this thread.....there are 3 or 4 fundamental issues in those three sentences alone.

Such as?

StarZSoundS
31-01-2010, 06:05 PM
Such as?

1.The job doesn't have great prospects full time;)

2.Most DJ's are part time because they can't afford to do it full time;)

3.Is it wrong to be humping speakers around when you are over 50;)

Be my Guest....perhaps save a few for when it gets a bit boring midweek??

All in one post too....in a thread about websites offering parties:confused: :D ;)

Solitaire Events Ltd
31-01-2010, 06:10 PM

All in one post too....in a thread about websites offering parties:confused: :D ;)

It was you who steered it off course by questioning my negotiating skills.

The fact is the job doesn't have great prospects full time. Fact.

Most DJs (note I didn't say all ) are part time because they can't afford to do it full time. Fact.

I never said it was wrong to be either DJing or humping speakers round when you are 51. I said I didn't want to be. Fact.

StarZSoundS
31-01-2010, 06:13 PM

Most DJs (note I didn't say all ) are part time because they can't afford to do it full time. Fact.

I never said it was wrong to be either DJing or humping speakers round when you are 51. I said I didn't want to be. Fact.

Lets start with number 2 ....just for a bit of fun!!

NKR
31-01-2010, 06:18 PM

I have saved my pivotal moment of a first multiquote for a good time.

Guys chill. I think you two would probably get along okay with a beer.

My views.

1) I want to be humping speakers at 51 as it means I am not dead - that is all one can ask for in life :D
2) I couldn't go full time as despite the down turn I do okay. It will come back and then I will do well again. will I still hump speakers - yes - but not in a deviant way either.
3) If I can do it full time it means I have made my money and bailed out and I am now spending my full time doing what I really love without the worry of paying the bills.

I would suggest Stars is somewhere in 3) without wads of cash, but living a life he chooses. i can respect that.

Darren - I thank you and the mods for the forum and giving us a voice and a class room.

So on the day of rest lets rest chaps. :beer1: :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
31-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Guys chill.

I am quite chilled and posting my opinion about something.

It's stupid posts like that that annoy me.

StarZSoundS
31-01-2010, 06:21 PM
will I still hump speakers - yes - but not in a deviant way either.
:beer1: :D

:beer1: :eek: :beer1: :eek: :beer1: :eek: :beer1: :eek:

NKR
31-01-2010, 06:23 PM

Darren that is not an inflamitory post and was never designed to be.

Its one of those turns of phrase. If things get a bit mildly heated in a discussion down the pub one of the boys will crack in with chill Winston of 'lock stock' fame.

Its just a turn of phrase.

Solitaire Events Ltd
31-01-2010, 06:25 PM

Its one of those turns of phrase. If things get a bit mildly heated in a discussion down the pub one of the boys will crack in with chill Winston of 'lock stock' fame.

Its just a turn of phrase.

Which isn't needed as this is a forum and I'm not going to start punching the PC or having a heart attack 'cos someone disagrees with me! :beer1:

Corabar Entertainment
31-01-2010, 06:29 PM
I'm not going to start punching.... or having a heart attack 'cos someone disagrees with me! :beer1:Somehow, I can't see you doing that even if you were down the pub with the other person next to you either! ;) :D

StarZSoundS
31-01-2010, 06:33 PM

Its how you view things you see.....

I thought it was a very nice post from someone trying to arbitrate over a discussion.....but thats just my opinion...thanks for trying Neil.;)

NKR
31-01-2010, 06:38 PM
Which isn't needed as this is a forum and I'm not going to start punching the PC or having a heart attack 'cos someone disagrees with me! :beer1:

Heated in a disagreeing point of view, nothing else.

The type of company I keep don't thow anything never mid a punch. Its a comedy thing when someone gets their hair off a wee bit. :beer1: :beer1:

Its not all grim Up North - are you looking at my pork scratchin's and touchin' my mum kind of thing. :D

Somehow, I can't see you doing that even if you were down the pub with the other person next to you either! ;) :D

No I can't see that either as last years BPM video's clearly show that Darren is a decent bloke and I am hoping to get on nex years MDD trip.

Solitaire Events Ltd
31-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Its how you view things you see.....

I thought it was a very nice post from someone trying to arbitrate over a discussion.....but thats just my opinion...thanks for trying Neil.;)

Thanks for trying what?

Why would there need to be arbitration when

A. We are only having a discussion and

B. We have mods and admin to do that anyway!

I view some people as trying to get a rise out of people. I won't mention any names though Martin.

Solitaire Events Ltd
31-01-2010, 06:41 PM
Anyway, let's get back to Goodparty.

It's been crap for me so far....

NKR
31-01-2010, 06:42 PM

And the dove is released and its pants for me too!

Solitaire Events Ltd
31-01-2010, 06:45 PM

Perhaps it's your negotiating skills? :bag: :D

Corabar Entertainment
31-01-2010, 06:46 PM
PMSL! :rofl:

NKR
31-01-2010, 06:47 PM

You sound like my boss when I am reporting another rent reduction on the portfolio. :bag:

Excalibur
31-01-2010, 06:49 PM
I have saved my pivotal moment of a first multiquote for a good time.

Guys chill. I think you two would probably get along okay with a beer.

My views.

1) I want to be humping speakers at 51 as it means I am not dead - that is all one can ask for in life :D

I would suggest Stars is somewhere in 3) without wads of cash, but living a life he chooses. i can respect that.

Darren - I thank you and the mods for the forum and giving us a voice and a class room.

So on the day of rest lets rest chaps. :beer1: :D
I fully expect to be humping my Class D's about aged 71, cos I'll never be able to retire on what I earn. :( :( :( :( :( :(

Oh how I hate to stick up for a Lancastrian, but I can see why Neil posted that, and fully agree with his sentiment. From where I'm sat, it looked like the euphemistic " Frank exchange of views" . ;) ;)
Anyway, I'm going to take Neil's advice, and slope off to my local for a well deserved libation. :beer1:

gaza
31-01-2010, 06:50 PM

Snap, no good for me either:(

NKR
31-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Oh how I hate to stick up for a Lancastrian, but I can see why Neil posted that, and fully agree with his sentiment. From where I'm sat, it looked like the euphemistic " Frank exchange of views" . ;) ;)
Anyway, I'm going to take Neil's advice, and slope off to my local for a well deserved libation. :beer1:

:eek: I never expected to be pleased to see a Yorkshireman coming over the hill :eek: Pint of Black Sheep anyone?

Excalibur
31-01-2010, 06:58 PM
:eek: I never expected to be pleased to see a Yorkshireman coming over the hill :eek: Pint of Black Sheep anyone?

It's a touching thought, but funnily enough, I hate classic Yorkshire Bitters, particularly Black Sheep. :eek: :eek: :eek: I also hate Batemans, so I won't be relocating to Lincolnshire soon either. ;) :D :D

Vectis
31-01-2010, 07:40 PM
I fully expect to be humping my Class D's about aged 71, cos it's only three weeks away

:eek: :D

gaza
31-01-2010, 08:24 PM

I have just been back on the Goodparty Website and it does look like lots of the people on it are just trying to get the best deal they can.
There is one person after a DJ for the 6th Feb in London W6, as they have been let down by the original DJ.
They say that they dont want to pay much more than £100. :eek:
Have they not realised why the original DJ has cancelled:bang:

DeckstarDeluxe
31-01-2010, 11:00 PM
so apart from scott and pidders theres not been a booking had? Sounds very hit and miss but worth a punt if you got a tenner burning a hole in your wallet?

StarZSoundS
31-01-2010, 11:40 PM
so apart from scott and pidders theres not been a booking had? Sounds very hit and miss but worth a punt if you got a tenner burning a hole in your wallet?

Just got in...please add me to the list...I got one that led me to 4 other bookings...cos I was so :Censored: good.:eek: :eek:

However despite of (or because of the tangents) in the posts it has registered nearly 200 replies.... not bad??:D :confused:

SC Events
31-01-2010, 11:43 PM
Just got in...please add me to the list...I got one that led me to 4 other bookings...cos I was so :Censored: good.:eek: :eek:

Modest as well lol :p :D

DJ INDIE
31-01-2010, 11:45 PM
it hasnt worked for me yet - £20 spent, but although I agree about the pricing bands and gigs filled comments - its a pretty good business model from the owners - entices more people to buy leads, its upto you what you charge or quote - you know the band width and its upto you what you quote.

interesting point about the gigs filled position:
they should be removed from the site when filled, but I mentioned this to a mate and he said - "well, they still sell scratch cards when the jackpot has been won"

i dont think the site is as naive as some think.

StarZSoundS
31-01-2010, 11:49 PM

However despite of (or because of the tangents) in the posts it has registered nearly 200 replies.... not bad??:D :confused:

In 33 years time Scott you might learn its ok to blow your own trumpet(when justified) because no other :Censored: going to do it for you....:)

NKR
01-02-2010, 06:18 AM
i dont think the site is as naive as some think.

But short lived if it thinks we are naive. I have invested £10 and that will be it. If it had been slightly different I may have invested £10 a month as its quite a small budget that.

Same for a lot here I would have thought. That could have allowed them to advertise themselves more and pull in more enquiries meaning more of us would have continued to invest.

Solitaire Events Ltd
01-02-2010, 11:14 AM
In 33 years time Scott you might learn its ok to blow your own trumpet(when justified) because no other :Censored: going to do it for you....:)

After 33 years you should know better and not need your ego massaging.

gaza
07-02-2010, 01:03 AM
Yep it's official, the Goodparty site is a waist of time.
There was a client that was in the £250 - £500 bracket and i quoted her £270
but supprise supprise, she was quoted £200 from another Dj :bang:

discomobiledj
07-02-2010, 02:22 AM
The area definitions are terrible. That really needs sorting out.

The fact that she went with someone cheaper is not a surprise really is it? Nor is it a waste of time as a dj has got a gig out of it.

soundtracker
07-02-2010, 07:11 AM

That's not really the sites fault, that's the bottom-fishing DJs trying to snare some rich pickings!

NKR
07-02-2010, 07:51 AM
That's not really the sites fault, that's the bottom-fishing DJs trying to snare some rich pickings!

No but it is clearly a dutch auction bun fight so I won't be using it again.

StarZSoundS
07-02-2010, 08:13 AM
No but it is clearly a dutch auction bun fight so I won't be using it again.

Neil

You have been complaining somebody has been screwing you on prices anyway....so life is generally a Dutch Auction Bun Fight anyway...:eek:

I think Gazza is complaining because somebody slipped out of the price parameters and why that is the sites fault escapes me completely.:confused:

I'm not using it either.I am using February to rehash some equipment and get ready for the summer rush.....when I am sorted I will use it to fill in any gaps I have...which was the original reason for posting the thread;)

NKR
07-02-2010, 09:17 AM
Neil

You have been complaining somebody has been screwing you on prices anyway....so life is generally a Dutch Auction Bun Fight anyway...:eek:

I know, but paying for the priviledge of being screwed on prices makes it all the more fun :D

gaza
07-02-2010, 03:28 PM

Ok then, The clients on the site are a waist of time.

StarZSoundS
07-02-2010, 03:36 PM
Ok then, The clients on the site are a waist of time.

Its the other waste/waist....but never mind.

You never come across a client that is a WASTE of time??The trick here is you get to find out before the gig rather than halfway through....thats when they can really be a problem.

You are generalizing a bit Gazza by saying all of the clients are a waste of time ........??

StarZSoundS
22-03-2010, 06:40 AM
I know not many of you are fans....however.....

I dumped a residency last year which makes me a bit more available than last year.Picked up 2 of here at the weekend.

Its getting a lot busier on there now!!!

Solitaire Events Ltd
22-03-2010, 10:08 AM
I know not many of you are fans....however.....

I dumped a residency last year which makes me a bit more available than last year.Picked up 2 of here at the weekend.

Its getting a lot busier on there now!!!

I have quite a few emails from them, but still no booking.

Excalibur
22-03-2010, 10:11 AM

I'm sort of presuming you've paid your fee to get leads? :confused: I get emails, but I haven't paid any money yet, to get details, so I can't yet quote for all the gigs posted in Cleckhuddersfax. ;)

Solitaire Events Ltd
22-03-2010, 10:17 AM
I'm sort of presuming you've paid your fee to get leads?

For the ones that are actually worth checking out and are anywhere near me, yes.

Mark Wild
22-03-2010, 10:23 AM
I've gone for a few, nothing back though. I just can't help thinking it would be so easy to make a mint with this site with somewhat phantom enquiries, you know "well its a bit quiet today lets fire a few enquiries out there and make a few quid" lol

STEVE HANLEY
22-03-2010, 10:35 AM
I've gone for a few, nothing back though. I just can't help thinking it would be so easy to make a mint with this site with somewhat phantom enquiries, you know "well its a bit quiet today lets fire a few enquiries out there and make a few quid" lol

Agreed I know people get work off this site. But I have cynically (is that a word?) wondered how many of these enquiries are genuine

StarZSoundS
22-03-2010, 10:37 AM
I'm sort of presuming you've paid your fee to get leads? :confused: I get emails, but I haven't paid any money yet, to get details, so I can't yet quote for all the gigs posted in Cleckhuddersfax. ;)

You may be dissapointed to know that one of the 2 bookings I secured was in Huddersfield.....good payer too.

Get yer hand out of your pocket you mean ol' :Censored: .

Excalibur
22-03-2010, 11:30 AM
Oooooh you cynical thing you! :eek: ( Actually, I'm a bit dubious about whether a gig stays up there after it's been filled. First lead gets it, another fifty buy it after it's been filled. Profitable, eh? :D :D )

And as for genuine, check out the birthday party for twelve year olds near me. £500-£750!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Sounds like a job for Mayhem. ;) :D

http://www.goodparty.co.uk/music/users/enquiry/?id=97317

You may be dissapointed to know that one of the 2 bookings I secured was in Huddersfield.....good payer too.

Disappointed? Oh no. ;)
Most of the gigs appear to be West Riding. Since that means an absolute minimum travel time of an hour, I've not tried too hard to secure any. Added to which, some of the requests appear to be a little "left of centre" ;) You get a bit more cynical at my age. :D

StarZSoundS
22-03-2010, 11:50 AM

Understand what you are trying to say.....However........

I've managed to speak or leave a message for everyone on there.The strike rate is about one in four....which is fine for me.

£2.00 investment for a well paid Silver Anniversary (piece of :Censored: ).As opposed to three lines in my Local Classifieds at £60.00.....works for me....but not everyone!!;) ;) ;)

MagicMusic
22-03-2010, 11:57 AM
I've not had any work from it but some of localised words and dialect used in the listing suggests to me that they are genuine.

Surely the site operator wouldn't go that bother?

MagicMusic
22-03-2010, 12:06 PM
I'm a bit dubious about whether a gig stays up there after it's been filled. First lead gets it, another fifty buy it after it's been filled. Profitable, eh? :D :D )

That is main bad thing about the site in my opinion. The listing appear very badly managed.

dj keevers
22-03-2010, 02:05 PM
yep, its a good service but requires a good network of friends because alot of queries require live band/soloist and a dj with gear

StarZSoundS
22-03-2010, 02:20 PM
yep, its a good service but requires a good network of friends because alot of queries require live band/soloist and a dj with gear

The thread was raised to possibly assist the DJ's on here.Whilst we do have a few postsers who have recently jacked it I would have thought that 99+% of us have gear or immediate access to it!!

Charlie Brown
22-03-2010, 02:58 PM
The thread was raised to possibly assist the DJ's on here.Whilst we do have a few postsers who have recently jacked it I would have thought that 99+% of us have gear or immediate access to it!!

I don't think he meant that.

People use the site for bands which normally included a DJ. If they find a band suitable to their needs (which is harder to do than finding a DJ) It helps if the band can say: "oh, we know a great DJ and can include him in our fee for £xxx"

Networking. ;)

StarZSoundS
22-03-2010, 03:05 PM
I don't think he meant that.

People use the site for bands which normally included a DJ. If they find a band suitable to their needs (which is harder to do than finding a DJ) It helps if the band can say: "oh, we know a great DJ and can include him in our fee for £xxx"

Networking. ;)

Nope Charlie.....Lost me!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

Daryll
22-03-2010, 03:16 PM
I am finding that my "new gigs" are getting further and further afield .
I would hardly call Bournemouth in the south east.

In fact , I have just rang a lady (First time for me , I usually email) for a party in Lavant ( 5 miles away) , the posting was put up yesterday , she has had over 40 replys :eek: , and get this........not one over £120 , really think I`ll give goodparty a miss.

Daryll

Charlie Brown
22-03-2010, 03:18 PM
Nope Charlie.....Lost me!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

Sorry, I must have miss understood what you originally said.

Anyhow,

I have just invested £10, so let's see what happens.

Charlie Brown
22-03-2010, 03:20 PM
In fact , I have just rang a lady (First time for me , I usually email) for a party in Lavant ( 5 miles away) , the posting was put up yesterday , she has had over 40 replys :eek: , and get this........not one over £120 , really think I`ll give goodparty a miss.

That's incredible! I would be so hacked off if 40 DJ's rang me up in the space of 24 hours.

Looks like I have wasted my cash then. :bang:

Daryll
22-03-2010, 03:26 PM
Stick with it Charlie , you may have better luck (I hope so )

Daryll

StarZSoundS
22-03-2010, 03:46 PM

Daryll

Does that tell you....

1) The Site is really quite succesful despite the misgivings of some posters on here.;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

OR

2)The Net is really closing in on us DJ's.40 applicants for one measly party:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hang in there Charlie......2 Months ago I tried to steer you to a Student Night that was on there....which was RIGHT up your street.....too late now....:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

I'll see if I can find the post.....

mike8863
22-03-2010, 06:18 PM
I've spent £12 so far, and had ZILCH, sent emails, phoned, offered to do home visits for local ones, even 3 said they had sorted a dj over 2 days ago, but forgot to update the website........ :bang: :bang:

Still got £8 to spend so will let you know

ppentertainments
22-03-2010, 06:44 PM
spent £20 and as expected nothing at all. Managed to speak to 2 people, the rest do not reply to emails or have false (??) contact numbers or just goes straight to voicemail. :mad: :mad:

One of the people I did speak to was within 5 minutes of the advert coming on the site and she had already booked someone - Price range £250-£500, she booked someone for £45 :confused: :confused: :confused:

Solitaire Events Ltd
22-03-2010, 06:51 PM
Price range £250-£500, she booked someone for £45 :confused: :confused: :confused:

Martin did say he recently picked up a couple of bookings....:D

StarZSoundS
22-03-2010, 07:09 PM
Martin did say he recently picked up a couple of bookings....:D

I have delibrately not tried to get personal Darren...

What you said is funny and I respect that.:) :) :) :)

However the boot may have been on the other foot if I'd have said something similair.;) ;).... Along with the inference that I needed things to be simple to understand them in another thread......

Without others intervening....want to try and get along a bit better again.

Share different opinions heartily but not visciously????

:beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1:

Excalibur
22-03-2010, 08:00 PM

Daryll
Strewth! :eek:

Sorry, I must have miss understood what you originally said.

Anyhow,

I have just invested £10, so let's see what happens.
Is she a friend of Miss Behaving? :confused: :confused:

spent £20 and as expected nothing at all. Managed to speak to 2 people, the rest do not reply to emails or have false (??) contact numbers or just goes straight to voicemail. :mad: :mad:

One of the people I did speak to was within 5 minutes of the advert coming on the site and she had already booked someone - Price range £250-£500, she booked someone for £45 :confused: :confused: :confused:

I repeat, strewth! :eek:

NKR
22-03-2010, 08:19 PM
Its a bun fest it could be nothing else. Why stand on street corners if you aren't turning tricks.

In fact Martin I thank you for its introduction as it has actually made me think hard about how to get to people before they go to the market. Make them think us before they think DJ. Its very hard, but you know we may just have some good ideas as a result. Been a busy bunny.

Its changed my whole outlook.

StarZSoundS
22-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Its a bun fest it could be nothing else. Why stand on street corners if you aren't turning tricks.

In fact Martin I thank you for its introduction as it has actually made me think hard about how to get to people before they go to the market. Make them think us before they think DJ. Its very hard, but you know we may just have some good ideas as a result. Been a busy bunny.

Its changed my whole outlook.

He's back and cooking on gas.......

The new marketing strategy...how to get to people before they get to the Market....enlighten us!!??Please....

You nearly got involved in the Willy-Waving McManus....I'm watching you!!!;) :D ;) :D ;) :D

NKR
22-03-2010, 08:47 PM
He's back and cooking on gas.......

The new marketing strategy...how to get to people before they get to the Market....enlighten us!!??Please....

You nearly got involved in the Willy-Waving McManus....I'm watching you!!!;) :D ;) :D ;) :D

Well I couldn't leave you on here on your own as some times it takes a complete lunatic to know what you are on about. So thought I had better hang around.

Give me time its aimed at next year and I need various things to fall into place, but it may work it may not. Plenty to be going at for now and keeping me busy being positive and if it doesn't work then onto more positive thoughts.

When was the last time Richard Branson came on telly moaning about being undercut by some Greek chap. :) :)

SC Events
22-03-2010, 10:48 PM
It's still working for me. Over the past few days, I have picked up another 2 bookings from goodparty, so I think that's 5 in total now.

:)

StarZSoundS
22-03-2010, 11:02 PM
It's still working for me. Over the past few days, I have picked up another 2 bookings from goodparty, so I think that's 5 in total now.

:)

Me too Scott.....Glad its worked out for you.

A good return on a small investment...like I suggested!!:D :D :D

Your template is spot on...or you have a silver tongue??

JDB Entertainment
23-03-2010, 12:27 AM
I have put £10 into the site.

Purchased 2 enquiries and had not even an email reply from either.

:S

paull
23-03-2010, 10:51 AM
I have invested £10.00.

Only need one job to get a return

StarZSoundS
23-03-2010, 11:01 AM
I have invested £10.00.

Only need one job to get a return

Also look under the section.....Enquiries with fewer replies......

If you are..... like me.... a bit of an all-rounder you stand a much better chance in there......there may be some near to you as well in that section??;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Good attitude paull!!:) :) :) :)

Excalibur
23-03-2010, 11:04 AM
Also look under the section.....Enquiries with fewer replies......
If you are..... like me.... a bit of an all-rounder you stand a much better chance in there......there may be some near to you as well in that section??;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Good attitude paull!!:) :) :) :)

I do. ;) There's a twelve year old party for 30 kids. No replies yet. Fee: ?

£500-£750. Worth £2? :confused: :D :D :D

StarZSoundS
23-03-2010, 11:13 AM
I do. ;) There's a twelve year old party for 30 kids. No replies yet. Fee: ?

£500-£750. Worth £2? :confused: :D :D :D

I'd get moving if I were you buddy.....

Thats right up my street....and one of the few that fall into my price bracket;) :D ;) :D :sj: :sj: :sj: :sj:

Charlie Brown
23-03-2010, 11:31 AM
I'd get moving if I were you buddy.....

Thats right up my street....and one of the few that fall into my price bracket;) :D ;) :D :sj: :sj: :sj: :sj:

How do you know if/how many replies have been made?

Excalibur
23-03-2010, 11:34 AM

http://www.goodparty.co.uk/music/users/

There's a box on the left bearing the legend "Enquiries with few replies"

StarZSoundS
23-03-2010, 11:43 AM

Thanks Peter....there was a huge clue there Charlie:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

gaza
25-03-2010, 09:24 AM
A freind of mine put a enquiry onto the Party.co.uk website to look for a Dj for a Party.
After i, sorry i meant she ;) got a couple of quotes she went onto the site to remove the enquiry, but that was yesterday afternoon.
Now here is the strange bit, the enquiry is still on the Party.co.uk website:confused:

Steve James
25-03-2010, 10:06 AM
I've registered with this site, not put any money in yet & after reading some of the posts here, I'm not sure I want to.