PDA

View Full Version : warrior DA-1300

markdj60
28-12-2009, 05:58 PM
Just wondering if anyone has got one of these and what there like?

Excalibur
29-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Just wondering if anyone has got one of these and what there like?

Not exactly been a stampede to answer this, has there? I've got an IS model, don't know whether that's older or newer. :confused: Justin ( as I probably do ) rates it lower than our C-Mark amps. Basic and reliable. How's that for an answer?

ppentertainments
29-12-2009, 07:10 PM
Does what it says on the tin !!!
I have 5 of these and found them reliable, sturdy and does the job - what else do you need to know ??

There is a problem with some models however which has not been made well known. basically some are shorter than others, but the shorter (depth) ones have a trouble with clipping.

markdj60
29-12-2009, 07:36 PM
thanks for the late replys lol better late than never a lol, ive heard that the bottom end is not that good on them too late now as i got one coming.as apose to them clipping im not sure what model i am getting yet so i hope its not the shorter of the 2.How would i no if i got the shorter depth one then.

ppentertainments
29-12-2009, 07:39 PM
How would i no if i got the shorter depth one then.

Will measure mine tomorrow (??) and let you know.
Basically though, they are very deep and 'just' fit into most standard flightcases.

markdj60
29-12-2009, 07:55 PM
Basically though, they are very deep and 'just' fit into most standard flightcases.

do you find them bassy enough then.

Kernow
29-12-2009, 08:11 PM
I've used a DA1300 at virtually every gig for the past 12 months and have found it reliable & acceptable.
It's extremely bassy if you run it in bridge mode through subs ;)

markdj60
29-12-2009, 08:36 PM
thanks but ill be using it to run tops so i wont need it in bridge mode.

markdj60
15-01-2010, 09:45 PM

can you give me the sizes of your amp as i want to no if i got the model that has trouble clipping.

Niteowl
24-03-2011, 01:32 AM
I have never used an amp in bridged mode I am looking at getting a new DA1300
the old version I have is not bridgeable. What is the best way of connecting speakers using Speakon connectors to the amp? I will try to clarify; one connection on the back of the amp speakon to two tops and two bass bins can any one help?

discomobiledj
24-03-2011, 01:41 AM
I have the DA800 version and never had any problems with it, stays lovely and cool and has plenty of punch.

Excalibur
24-03-2011, 07:18 AM
I have never used an amp in bridged mode I am looking at getting a new DA1300
the old version I have is not bridgeable. What is the best way of connecting speakers using Speakon connectors to the amp? I will try to clarify; one connection on the back of the amp speakon to two tops and two bass bins can any one help?

Given a clear aim, I'm sure we can come up with an answer, even if it may be: Don't. Once we know what you're trying to do exactly, we can offer advice.

DAVESOUNDS SERVICES
24-03-2011, 09:21 AM
They are Heavy, Noisy fans and not very loud for the money!
Also quite difficult to repair with little back up from the suppliers / manufacturers
They clip very early and when they do its NOT a soft clip!
its a hard clip that will KILL your precious loudspeakers
sorry to be non positive its just my opinion

For my money the Peavey IPR 1600 is a MUCH better deal
( and its got soft clip so should you clip the amp the speakers dont get fried !)

Dave