PDA

View Full Version : Denon Music Manager - A Zero Sized Frame Is Found

NKR
03-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Okay so I deleted the offending files from the directory and reconverted from WMA to MP3, etc, using an hour of my time. Reinserted to my external drive having this time retagged in music monkey (same error message on first attempt) and guess what - same error message - A Zero Sized Frame Is Found.

Why not just say - Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah, I am a tempramental bottom head as every other known media player in the world is fine with your MP3 conversion - Blah Blah Blah Denon is Paris Hilton.

Any ideas HD2500 users?

NKR
03-01-2010, 10:14 PM
Close the thread - sorted it - MP3 repair download has cured the problem.

Apologies

WWDJ
03-01-2010, 11:45 PM
Denon MM will weed out anything that the HD2500 won't like. These tracks are few and far between and a recode normally sorts it.

Shakermaker Promotions
03-01-2010, 11:59 PM
As an extra (I'm just adding this as it's a HD2500 thread).

I mentioned the other day that I had upgraded to Windows 7. When I updated the HD2500 using MM on the Windows 7 machine, the files appeared to be allover the place. For example: Selecting 10cc 'I'm not in love' resulted in something totally different. I decided to create a new database on my other laptop and all was well......BUT....

...Here's the update....On Boxing Day I was doing a Quiz and playing music too. In the break someone asked me to play 'Hey Boy, Hey Girl' by The Chemical Brothers. I knew I had it as I had played it many times in the past. I typed in 'Chem' and select and the only track that came up was 'Electrobank'. I was confused as I know I have around 20 tracks by the Chemical Brothers on the system. I did the same thing again and the same result so for the first time ever I used the shortcut on the keyboard F12 which goes into STRING search. I typed in 'Chem' again and yes! all of the tracks were there. I found that a bit weird.

The next day I connected the system to the other laptop, loaded up MM and typed in 'Chem' and they were all there? I checked some of the tags and they seemed to have changed for some reason. There were also a number of tracks at the start of the list that had no tags at all so I now know that I have a mission of a job this week in re-tagging lots of tracks. It's a boring job but has to be done as in the long run it will make things easier.

If anyone else has had or is encountering this problem....I hope the above helps.

Please note: The only problem with using the STRING search is that if you press the back button on the HD2500 it goes back to the beginning.

Excalibur
04-01-2010, 08:14 AM
The next day I connected the system to the other laptop, loaded up MM and typed in 'Chem' and they were all there? I checked some of the tags and they seemed to have changed for some reason. There were also a number of tracks at the start of the list that had no tags at all so I now know that I have a mission of a job this week in re-tagging lots of tracks. It's a boring job but has to be done as in the long run it will make things easier.

If anyone else has had or is encountering this problem....I hope the above helps.

Please note: The only problem with using the STRING search is that if you press the back button on the HD2500 it goes back to the beginning.

So does a Cortex with an NTFS drive. It's one of the reasons for using FAT32. I shall have to check and see what happens with a Cortex.

Shakermaker Promotions
04-01-2010, 09:57 AM
Both my external HD's are FAT32.

NKR
09-01-2010, 02:02 PM
More Music Manager problems

Got this message on 43 track I have ripped. The music piece’s actual file does not exist. I wonder if its because I have moved them around the file structure on the HDD. They appear on the 2500 and play okay, so not sure what the issue could be.

Anyone had this error?

Excalibur
09-01-2010, 09:26 PM

Got this message on 43 track I have ripped. The music piece’s actual file does not exist. I wonder if its because I have moved them around the file structure on the HDD. They appear on the 2500 and play okay, so not sure what the issue could be.

Anyone had this error?

Now this may be a really silly answer, but Media Monkey often says tracks are not where it expected to find them. Does running the Denon software again cure it perhaps?

Penfold42
09-01-2010, 09:29 PM

Anyone had this error?

Delete them as it cannot play them - redo and see if they work. :)

Excalibur
09-01-2010, 09:34 PM

Anyone had this error?

Delete them as it cannot play them - redo and see if they work. :)

Ahem. Make your minds up lads. ;)

Penfold42
09-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Ahem. Make your minds up lads. ;)

I use to get 10 tracks that came up when updating file - delete them, then when i went back to update - it missed that part and updated the Hard drive.

Well that's what worked for me. :)

Excalibur
09-01-2010, 09:44 PM
I use to get 10 tracks that came up when updating file - delete them, then when i went back to update - it missed that part and updated the Hard drive.

Well that's what worked for me. :)

I sort of think we're agreeing here. Just. And one of us is ignoring the fact that he hasn't admitted to missing something in the post he was replying to. ;) :p

NKR
09-01-2010, 10:48 PM
Worked it out by the power of deduction and the fact I am being very methodical with the file structure.

I took the tracks it said it didn't like and looked at the path it had recorded for them. They had in fact been moved around the file structure on the hdd as I was retagging stuff and slotting it in folders.

Running the DDJMM create database again, but this time telling it not to save exisiting play list meant it forgot where the files previously were and started a fresh looking through the filing system and so found them and accepted them.

Methodical filing is the key as Mr Excalibur very helpfully made my priority.

Cheers anyway chaps.

Now have 670 tracks on the hdd and another 200 ready to come off the lap top onto it. Second identical hdd bought today to allow intermittent copies of the master drive to be made to ensure I don't lose everything in one foul swoop.

Getting there.

Shakermaker Promotions
09-01-2010, 11:06 PM
That's it mate. You're getting there.
In my flightcase housing the mixer and Denon, I have another External HD which is a mirror of the other one. I have the essential tunes on the Denon HD itself incase I am really unlucky and have problems with BOTH External HD's. It doesn't take long at all to update both HD's and I have always got my CD's there should the unit itself go wrong.

Back up, just like amps and speakers etc is mega important.

The ONLY thing that I don't like about digital is not having something there to look through to jog the memory. I find that I update the Denon every week with the latest chart stuff etc and I forget half of them because they aren't there infront of me. I've started taking print outs with me now of tunes that have been released over the past few months and I just add to it when I am out.

Excalibur
10-01-2010, 10:04 AM
Worked it out by the power of deduction and the fact I am being very methodical with the file structure.

I took the tracks it said it didn't like and looked at the path it had recorded for them. They had in fact been moved around the file structure on the hdd as I was retagging stuff and slotting it in folders.

Running the DDJMM create database again, but this time telling it not to save exisiting play list meant it forgot where the files previously were and started a fresh looking through the filing system and so found them and accepted them.

Methodical filing is the key as Mr Excalibur very helpfully made my priority.

Cheers anyway chaps.

Now have 670 tracks on the hdd and another 200 ready to come off the lap top onto it. Second identical hdd bought today to allow intermittent copies of the master drive to be made to ensure I don't lose everything in one foul swoop.
Getting there.
That's it mate, you listen to Uncle Peter. ;) ;) :thumbs_up:

That's it mate. You're getting there.
The ONLY thing that I don't like about digital is not having something there to look through to jog the memory. I find that I update the Denon every week with the latest chart stuff etc and I forget half of them because they aren't there infront of me. I've started taking print outs with me now of tunes that have been released over the past few months and I just add to it when I am out.

My biggest gripe. I may in the near future adopt a form of the Rob James Method. Put 'em all on a playlist( in my case flash drive) fpr easy reference.
It's great how someone can say hoe they do things, and even though it may not work for you, it can be adapted to suit.

DJ Jules
10-01-2010, 10:14 AM
My biggest gripe. I may in the near future adopt a form of the Rob James Method. Put 'em all on a playlist( in my case flash drive) fpr easy reference.
It's great how someone can say hoe they do things, and even though it may not work for you, it can be adapted to suit.

I do that too on the Cortex, every time before I go out I use windows to search for any mp3's which have been added since I last went out, and then I stick them in a playlist in Windows Media Player using drag & drop and then save this into the .pl directory on the Hard Disk. I'm always forgetting what I've bought.

Julian