PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Lamps.

Mark Wild
08-01-2010, 02:30 PM
I'm after a couple of A1/259 lamps as spares for my datamoons and a couple of JCR/H5 (EFR/LL) also spares, for Martin scanners.

Just wondered before I purchase them elsewhere if any members had a big pile of them sat doing bugger all and wanted to flog me some :D

Excalibur
08-01-2010, 02:41 PM
I'm after a couple of A1/259 lamps as spares for my datamoons and a couple of JCR/H5 (EFR/LL) also spares, for Martin scanners.

Just wondered before I purchase them elsewhere if any members had a big pile of them sat doing bugger all and wanted to flog me some :D

Yes. Read the forum. :p :p :p

http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=23971

£2 each for Soundlab lamps, dunno how good they are, but useful to have in case of emergency at that price, while you source higher quality ones.

OllieJames
08-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Yes. Read the forum. :p :p :p

http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=23971

£2 each for Soundlab lamps, dunno how good they are, but useful to have in case of emergency at that price, while you source higher quality ones.

They're awful.

I bought a pack of 10 off ebay and the 50w Tesco Halogens in my kitchen are brighter - no joke.

Johnny P
08-01-2010, 10:18 PM
Phillips Focusline or Broadway lamps are good

Cj_The_Dj
08-01-2010, 10:39 PM
They're awful.

I bought a pack of 10 off ebay and the 50w Tesco Halogens in my kitchen are brighter - no joke.

:agree:

nisfo
10-01-2010, 09:09 PM
To be fair, they were the cheaper stock in the shop (since closed), people in my area want stuff cheap or practically free. I had the higher quality bulbs and many thought they were too expensive......I tried to cater for everyone, but in the end the cheapskates (pennypinchers) wouldn't pay for the better bulbs.

Gear4Djs will no doubt confirm this, in todays climate people try to get stuff at a cheaper price. But due to overheads and breakneck prices I couldn't drop the price, hence they walk away and fail to find a cheaper supplier.

However, I'd rather try a cheaper bulb, than buy a more expensive one to find they have the same life.

OllieJames...... Maybe the halogens in your kitchen are brighter, but do you take them down and pack them away at the end of the night?

I'm an LED man myself, but last night, I ended up using a few backup halogen lights (used for the darker locations).

At £2 a bulb what do you have to lose? Unless you drop one one the first use!!!

Vectis
10-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Phillips Focusline or Broadway lamps are good

Philips Broadway are the mutts nuts.

I've tried most of the cheaper varieties over the years and now I've gone over to Broadways I've no intention of going back.

I've gone from changing one lamp per gig (seemingly) with all of the cracked lampholders/snapped legs that ensues to changing one lamp every 6 months or so and I'm well happy.

You really do get what you pay for ;)

rob1963
10-01-2010, 10:06 PM
A1/259 BRANDED lamps (Phillips or Osram) are available on ebay at £5-£6 each.

I buy all my lamps on ebay...but only the branded ones.