PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer MEP7000 Karaoke Question?

welby
10-01-2010, 10:00 AM
Hi All,

I know some of you have opted for a Pioneer MEP7000 and I was wondering if you could answer a simple question....

Can the MEP700 in STANDALONE mode play CDG files from an External HD and send video via the output socket?

By CDG files I mean a matching MP3 and corresponding CDG file.

If anyone has a user manual that I could download I would be greatful.

Thanks in advance.

Apologies - that should be the MEP7000.

Adam_F
10-01-2010, 10:50 AM
Hi All,

I know some of you have opted for a Pioneer MEP700 and I was wondering if you could answer a simple question....

No it can't. It's the CD/DVD drawers that read the CD+G files. It won't read them from a HDD.

Pioneer MEP 7000 manual (http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/44/106/MEP-7000/media.html)

simonp
10-01-2010, 11:36 AM
Hi All,

I know some of you have opted for a Pioneer MEP7000 and I was wondering if you could answer a simple question....

Thanks in advance.

The answer to your question is no, and you can download a PDF version of the manual from the Pioneer website

welby
10-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Thanks Simon and Adam.

That's a shame as I want a player that does both so that I can do away with the need for a laptop for karaoke.

I can't afford a SVM-1000 lol

Thanks again chaps.

womble
10-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Why not go the other way round and look for a CD-G compatible drive for your laptop? That way you can play both Discs and HDD karaoke tracks from the laptop.

I bought a Lacie DVD drive off ebay for £20 that did the job. I now have a laptop where the internal drive is CD-G compatible so I sold the old Lacie, otherwise I'd have offered you that one.

welby
10-01-2010, 07:06 PM
I have a residency and have to cart in a heavy flight case with mixer and hard drive and a laptop and I am just exploring the options to cut back on the amount of hardware I have to take with me and reduce the "table space" it takes up.

Luckily I use the in house PA.

I did think about just taking a laptop, 1 ext HD, 1, gigaport USB interface, mics, and drive it all from the laptop.

But when your in front of Joe Public with just a Lappy, you do get snidy comments.

You just can't win...lol

womble
11-01-2010, 10:55 AM
My tabletop at the karaoke residency is a laptop and Mixer (the HDD amp Mic Reciever etc. is all hidden away) and I never get any 'snidy' comments. I don't have it set up infront of me though, I place the table at the side of the stage out of the way. All the stage area contains is the micropone(s) and the monitor. Oh and a Miracled placed on the floor pointing up behind the singer(s).