PDA

View Full Version : Computer help

Daryll
10-01-2010, 10:23 AM
Hi all.
My computer will not boot into windows ( I`me on Ubuntu Linux at the moment:D )
When starting the screen goes to the options page ie start windows normally , safe mode , last known good configuration etc , no matter what I try to start in , the starting windows splash screen fades into view , the blue bars go across the screen once and then the thing re-boots :bang: .
Glad I can dual boot :D
Any ideas people ??

Daryll

Creature
10-01-2010, 12:45 PM
get ya windows cd and boot from that ( im presuming your using Xp)

list the contents i think the command you want is repair boot option - this may or may not cur eteh problem if it dontthem its format and reinstall

hopefully all your files can be backed up using ubuntu. - remmeber windows ha sto be installed 1st so u stand a chance of loosing ya ubuntu as well

Jay
10-01-2010, 02:06 PM
before formatting try this.

load from windows cd, go into the recovery console and when at the promt type:

chkdsk /r

then be prepared to wait for aaaaggggeeeeeeeeeeesss but this does work alot of the time.

CCDJ
10-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Youre running Ubuntu side by side with Windows XP?

Add me to [email protected]

Big Mix Mobile Disco
24-01-2010, 09:36 PM
Can I ask have you made any hardware or software changes to your pc?

If not may I suggest you reboot your machine and hit the F2 button a few times to load the setup window.

Once in the setup window go to the menu bar header and select main, then check down where it say sata mode check to see if it states IDE, if it doesn't change it so it does, press esc key and save and exit this may sort out the issue your having.

If it doesn't, you will need your windows xp disc, boot up the machine and make sure to run from the disc. Select the repair option as this will replace any system registry corruptions within windows.

If this fails to work also, it mean your hard disc has errors or your motherboard does, i.e will need to have it checked professionally to identify the cause.

Hope this helps, your friendly ICT Support Technician and DJ of course lol.

Good Luck!