PDA

View Full Version : Internet probs.

Excalibur
15-01-2010, 11:05 PM
My Internet connection is showing "Local only". I've done the resets I can remember, and it's no better. Using dongle at the moment. Any useful advice, before I cave in and call New Delhi? :confused:
Thanks.

DJWilson
15-01-2010, 11:15 PM
Are you using talktalk or AOL dongle? My talktalk has been doing that the past few days.

Jiggles
15-01-2010, 11:57 PM
There's been reports of routing issues causing you yo loose internet. Mines went off for all of Sunday. One free phone call to O2 nice English guy on the other end and they were right on it with the problem. Routing issue and it was fixed Monday! For them anyway.

nisfo
16-01-2010, 12:36 AM
Try a virgin reset

Unplug router & modem. Wait 30 seconds.

Plug in modem. Wait till it stops flashing.

Hold reset button on router while plugging in, and keep it held in for about 20 seconds (manual should tell you more).

However you will now have to reconfigure your settings.

Worth a try, had to do it to mine Monday. Must be a bug on its travels!!

discomobiledj
16-01-2010, 04:45 AM
Take power out of router, turn off computer, power back on router, once normal lights showing turn computer back on.

Excalibur
16-01-2010, 07:47 AM
Thanks for all that lads. I've done all the resets I can, to no avail. :( And it's the landline that's faulty, not my dongle.

Livebox provided by Orange now. Ah well, better brace myself for ringing New Delhi. :(

Excalibur
16-01-2010, 08:07 AM
Panic over. Having been off since 5pm last night, undergoing resets, and checks, no joy at all. Five minutes ago, Internet access came back of its own accord. Now I've got to reset all the settings I'd just got right.