PDA

View Full Version : Event Production Show

Danno13
17-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Got some info in the post on this and have never even heard of it before! It appears to be more of a service providers show, so you find other companies you can work with, rather than see kit.

Event Production Show
Tuesday 2nd - Wednesday 3rd February
Olympia, London

www.eventproductionshow.co.uk

Just wondered if anyone was thinking of going?

Corabar Entertainment
17-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Looks interesting, but might be too tailored to large-scale events to be of any great use....

...still might be worth a visit to get ideas that might 'down-scale' somewhat.

Could you see anywhere where it gave the ticket price?

Danno13
19-01-2010, 12:27 PM
I agree it may not be relevant to alot of DJs, same as PLASA really though, there's still some things that may be of interest, especially if you offer other services, or are looking to go down that route.

On the flyer they sent me, it says entrance and access to all but one* seminar is free.

*The Micahel Eavis one, where you make a £10 donation to a charity.

Corabar Entertainment
19-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Hmmm... might be worth a little trip, seeing as it's only the train fare ;)

As I said, might give a few ideas that can be scaled down for our use.

... nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Adam_F
19-01-2010, 12:52 PM
On the flyer they sent me, it says entrance and access to all but one* seminar is free.

*The Micahel Eavis one, where you make a £10 donation to a charity.

Seems to be free, I registered & they sent the 'e' ticket straight through.

Chris1984
02-02-2010, 01:41 PM
Just got back form the show, not that exciting really!
No new tech on show at all, just the same old people selling the same old tat.

visualdjmax
02-02-2010, 02:33 PM
Just got back, from this show. A world record took me 36 minutes in total to do the rounds.

Corabar Entertainment
02-02-2010, 02:46 PM
Oh! I forgot this was on today! ...Doesn't sound like we missed much anyway :D

visualdjmax
02-02-2010, 05:24 PM
Some of the Girls have just got back to the office disapointed as well. Apparently they said that it was full of blokes and gadgets. Aren't they always???? For some reason there seemed to be loads of Seating exhibitors and outdoor LED screens for days and not enough free bars!!!!!

Chris1984
02-02-2010, 09:15 PM
Some of the Girls have just got back to the office disapointed as well. Apparently they said that it was full of blokes and gadgets. Aren't they always???? For some reason there seemed to be loads of Seating exhibitors and outdoor LED screens for days and not enough free bars!!!!!

Here here.
Just didn't cut the mustard. Oh well live and learn! May have a few days work out of it thou! so was worth it in that respect.

Danno13
03-02-2010, 11:33 AM
james and I are on the way now if anyone is there today. My mobile is 07791 261 263