PDA

View Full Version : dj io and windows 7 problems

garyt43
29-01-2010, 12:26 AM
Hey guys im new to this forum, I dont know if ye can help but if ya can i would be greatful. I bought the dj io today and when i went to load it up it didnt recognise the unit...it downloaded the driver but it came up with error 000006 every time so it never completed set up. I downloaded it to my brothers laptop which is running vista with no problems at all. My own laptop is a dell xps 17 with 2.5ghz with 4 gb of ram. Do ye think i will have to revert back to vista or has anyone had this problem....thanks in advance

gary

welby
01-02-2010, 09:23 AM
Hi Gary,

I'm told you have to turn off UAC under windows 7, then reboot your pc and then install the drivers.

HOW TO DISABLE UAC IN WINDOWS 7:

Disable and Turnoff UAC in Windows 7 from Control Panel

1. Access User Control Panel from Start Menu -> Control Panel -> User Accounts and Family Safety -> User Account

2. Click on
User Account Control settings link.

3. Move the Slider to Never Notify

4. Click OK to make the change effective

5. Reboot.

Hope this helps - just make sure your using the matching driver, either 32bit or 64 bit for your type of OS.

garyt43
01-02-2010, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the reply welby....tried that when i got the unit and also changed the properties to make it compatable with windows vista before running the set up (on the driver)....totally lost now...duuno whats up...it boots up for a couple of seconds then fails....reckon ill hav to change back to vista to get it running..are all sound cards the same (with them not having propper drivers for windows 7) I have pioneer mk 3s but was planning to run vdj of channels 2 and 3 instead of carrying around loads of cds. thanks anyway welby...appreciate ur help

welby
07-02-2010, 09:40 AM
No Problem,

just google your problem - you'll find your not alone with this issue.

Good Luck

sgldisco
31-03-2010, 09:29 PM
I've got exactly the same problem, Did you get a cure for this????

dj keevers
31-03-2010, 10:04 PM
i got a siimilar problem with a new dell laptop and windows 7. I use a numark omni mixer and virtual dj 6 and neither are certified windows 7 currently. When i approached numark they said they were aware of the problems and were testing a beta fix until a new set of 64 bit drivers could be supplied. However it took alot of emails and begging to get an advanced copy of these drivers. This now alllows me to install the omni mixer and use vitual dj, but they are not fully compatible and ive had a number os issues during a show where i thought everything was going to go t.ts up. Luckily due to my previous computer experience i was able to bypass these faults, but idont trust the laptop and mixer to perform. My backup windows vista setup has no problems whatso ever so its the windows 7 64 bit frivers that are at fault

sgldisco
31-03-2010, 10:18 PM
im running 32bit windows 7..

Installed the driver about a week ago with no problems whatsoever, DJIO showed in PCDJ VJ as ASIO card.

I read up that before installation, I should have disabled the uac, So I stupidly removed the driver and now I can't get it to go back on...

If I see error message 0x0006 once more, im gonna crack up....

I've tryed everything to no avail. This is really poor on numarks part as windows 7 should be supported by now..

I do notice there is no driver for windows 7 32 bit on the numark site. It recommends downloading vista drivers.

Why did this work the first time but not now??

Any advice very gratefully recieved

GUTTED.....

sgldisco
31-03-2010, 10:31 PM
Yeeeeesssss.

Cracked it..

Had to remove all NMRKUSB entries from the registry, Removed all the USB drivers via device manager and rebotted and retryed the driver SUCCESS...

Thank the lord, I was really strugglin there. Wasted near on 4 nights lol.

Hope this helps someone else out.. :o)

dj keevers
31-03-2010, 10:37 PM
ive got full numark drivers for the omni mixer for windows 7, ill check my email list and get you a contact name, maybe you can get the drivers you require from him