PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys reackon to this.....

NeilP
18-06-2006, 01:34 PM
Fully Customised Build, Not Available Anywhere!

Server PC, MP3 Decks, Mixer, TFT, Software

http://www.soundtolight.com/ebay/speakers/top1.jpg

Key Points:

1U 19" Rack Mount Server PC - (CPU: P3 1Ghz, RAM: 1Gig, HD: 200Gig, DVD & USB)

14" TFT Monitor - (XGA-1024x768)

19" Sliding Shelf +Keyboard & Mouse

19" Pro Dual MP3/CD Players

19" Pro 7Channel Mixer With BPM

LOADS of software included!

All leads for connection from PC/CD players to mixer are included!

> Only 18 Months Old

> Excellent Condition

> Perfect Working Order

> Cost Us £2600 New !!

Selling due to moving to vinyl decks!

Component Details:

>>>>>

>>> INDUSTRIAL - RACK-MOUNT SERVER PC

19" Rack Mountable

Pentium Pro 3 @ 1Ghz

1Gig Of SD RAM

40 Gig System Disk

160 Gig Media HD

Program Interface Port

DVD-ROM - Slim Slot

2 x USB

1 x Serial

1 x Parallel

1 x Monitor 15pin

1 x PS2 Mouse

1 x PS2 Keyboard

1U Space Saver Size

6 x Fan & Monitoring Via Bios

>>> 14" TFT SCREEN

XGA Monitor (Mounted To Box, Internal PSU)

14" TFT
Power Supply
XGA 1024x768
Metal Mounted Frame

>>> 19" Sliding Rack Shelf + Keyboard & Mouse

>>> GEMINI PRO MP3000X MEDIA PLAYER

Professional 19" Rack-Mount Dual MP3/CD Players

19" Dual Transport DJ Digital Media Player that reads CD's, CDR's, and MP3 CD Roms
All functions available to mix with CD's and/or MP3 files
Instant Start
Frame Accurate
Anti-Shock buffer memory
Blue LED display
Pitch Control with selectable 4%, 8%, 16% range
Pitch Bend buttons
Search Mode selector for music search or track search
Inner/Outer Jog Wheel for frame-accurate music search and for ultra-fast track search
Robo-Start for relay play
http://www.geminidj.com/manuals_page.html

>>> BEHRINGER PRO MIXER VMX1000

Professional 7-Channel Rack-Mount DJ Mixer with BPM Counter

Professional 7-channel ultra low-noise DJ mixer with state-of-the-art phono preamps
Intelligent dual auto-BPM counter
Super-smooth ULTRAGLIDE faders with up to 500,000 life cycles
Awesome XPQ stereo surround effect
VCA-controlled crossfader for utmost reliability and smooth audio performance
Adjustable crossfader curve for all mixing styles
3-band kill EQ (-32 dB) with EQ on/off switch on stereo channels, gain control and precise level meters per channel
Monitor function with PFL/main balance control and split option
Auto-talkover function with separate depth and sensitivity control
Subwoofer output with adjustable x-over frequency and level control for separate bass amplification
Balanced main and additional zone outputs
5 dual input stereo channels, 2 ULN microphone channels with “MIC ON” switch and effects send facility
Dedicated FX loop for connecting external devices (sampler, effects processor etc.)
Phono inputs on channels 1 - 3 can be switched to line level
Gold-plated RCA sockets for excellent audio quality
Ultra-rugged construction ensures long life, even under the most demanding conditions
Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
http://www.behringer.com/VMX1000/index.cfm?lang=ENG

>>> SOFTWARE INCLUDED

Come with XP Pro SP", Norton and Virtual DJ Installed.

A selection of additional software installers will be provided and can be installed by the user.

A selection of program screenshots:

Windows XP PRO - SP2
Norton Antivirus 2005
Power DVD PRO
Virtual DJ 2.01
BPM Studio 4.8
Traktor DJ Studio 2.0
Fruity Loops Studio 5.0
Acid Pro 4.0
Sibelius 3.0
Dance EJay 4.0
AudioGrabber 1.88
MP3 Doctor
MP3 Printer

The whole unit is powered via one IEC (kettle) connector and pre wired. Power cable provided.

It's up for £850 at the moment!

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-06-2006, 01:41 PM
Selling mp3s with equipment is very dodgy.

Post edited.

NeilP
18-06-2006, 01:55 PM
I would delete the MP3's if it didn't come with the originals.... just thought is looked a great piece of kit - everything in one box - inc the computer!

I know that it's only a Gemini CD player (not that important as all my music is ripped to MP3 at the moment.

I've just noticed that it doesn't have an Amp either......

funkymike
18-06-2006, 02:13 PM
looks very bulky and my guess its very heavy

and for 850 quid you could make one for cheaper :teeth:

pulsemobiledisco
18-06-2006, 03:36 PM
P3 1GHz processor is a bit underpowered for the latest DJ software. And as mike says, seems expensive when yo consider you could build a decent spec PC for about £250.

Have a disco
18-06-2006, 04:17 PM
sorry

Virtual DJ oh dear very tempermental when pushed heavily
Gemini CD players Yuck
Computer 1ghz very weak
Media hard drive REMOVE OR ERASE MP3's from it
No AMP
only 14" TFT not 17 or 19
You will be lucky to get £500

but even then why bother may as well go and get Laptop and wire it up to any mixer with 2 soundcards of good quality for about the same and with PCDJ a better programme

pulsemobiledisco
18-06-2006, 04:40 PM

Disagree, I use Virtual DJ and never have any problems, and I use it non stop all night.

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-06-2006, 04:42 PM
sorry

Gemini CD players Yuck
Computer 1ghz very weak
Media hard drive REMOVE OR ERASE MP3's from it
No AMP
only 14" TFT not 17 or 19
You will be lucky to get £500

but even then why bother may as well go and get Laptop and wire it up to any mixer with 2 soundcards of good quality for about the same and with PCDJ a better programme

You don't need 2 soundcards if you are using PCDJ.

NeilP
18-06-2006, 05:53 PM
I've got PCDJ on my laptop at the moment - it just looked quite a good idea..... i suppose i'm getting itchy feet as my 'disco funds' become available on Wednesday..... Wayhay!!

I'll be posting a list soon of what i have found........(I'll ignore this bit of kit then!!) :)

Corabar Entertainment
18-06-2006, 06:00 PM
OH! So this was something you were looking at buying? I completely misunderstood and thought you were the seller! :embarasse

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-06-2006, 06:12 PM
OH! So this was something you were looking at buying? I completely misunderstood and thought you were the seller! :embarasse

Yup, me too!

Corabar Entertainment
18-06-2006, 06:17 PM
Shall we both go and sit in the dunces corner together then? :teeth:

Have a disco
18-06-2006, 06:18 PM
You don't need 2 soundcards if you are using PCDJ.

do if using non pc dj mixer system or just the PCDJ software to be blunt

dj_ags
18-06-2006, 06:19 PM
I'll join you then because i thought the same too :embarasse :teeth:

Have a disco
18-06-2006, 06:25 PM
Oh only looking doh

ian8limelight
18-06-2006, 06:32 PM

Can I join you coz that's what I also thought !!!

Mind you, it looks like a good piece of kit.

dj_ags
18-06-2006, 06:36 PM
Looks like the Dunce's Corner is picking up some members. How many more can we find? Current Members are:

Angela
Darren
Me
Ian
DJ Badger

By all means, if any of you want to join the club, then please let us know - im sure you will be more than welcome :teeth:

Sapphire Disco
18-06-2006, 07:14 PM

No you don't.

Have a disco
18-06-2006, 07:19 PM
So you have 4 leads to play bothsides of the decks to mixer as to put it???? seperately??

pulsemobiledisco
18-06-2006, 07:29 PM
So you have 4 leads to play bothsides of the decks to mixer as to put it???? seperately??

I only have one sound card and I can output 4 seperate channels to my mixer if I wanted to. You just need a multi channel (5.1 surrounb sound) sound card.

+Scooby+
18-06-2006, 07:55 PM

And Me :sad:

wayne_uk
18-06-2006, 07:59 PM
Hey!
find yer own corner, i was here first

+Scooby+
18-06-2006, 08:00 PM
Hey!
find yer own corner, i was here first

Bite Me

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-06-2006, 08:32 PM

If you are using an external mixer, you don't require 2 sound cards.

Have a disco
18-06-2006, 10:26 PM
what kind of sound card are you on about as I have a soundblaster audigy platinium and it dont have double jack out/in puts????

Sapphire Disco
18-06-2006, 11:00 PM
what kind of sound card are you on about as I have a soundblaster audigy platinium and it dont have double jack out/in puts????

I've got a GIGA Port AG 8 channel.

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-06-2006, 12:02 AM

Look for external USB or PCMCIA cards. I have a Maya EX and an Echo Indigo card for the back up PC.

The Maya has plenty of physical inputs and outputs and the Echo has assignable ones.

Danno13
19-06-2006, 12:09 AM

My audigy does... has 3 stereo outs... front l/r - back l/r - and sub/centre. When i used it for pcdj i had deck a to front and deck b to rear.

BeerFunk
19-06-2006, 12:09 AM
I am in the process of building a similar system, although much higher specified - which is probably why it's taking so long! So far I have in it :

Gator ABS 6U bottom/10U top (slanted) case http://gatorcases.dev.bayshoresolutions.com/productimages/GRC-10x8-with-equip-sm_no_b.jpg

Queenserver RM421 4U Rackmount Case http://www.racksurf.co.uk/acatalog/rm421b-02.jpg

Thermaltake Butterfly 480W PSU http://www.a1-electronics.net/Res/PcHardware/Various/2003/Thermtake_Butterfly480_Kit.jpg

Neovo F-417 17" TFT monitor http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000C9ZJZ.01-A37H4CWFAY84XB._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V56213448_.jpg

Sliding 19" rackmount tray for keyboard/mouse

PC specs (without going into too much detail!) - Asus Socket 754 motherboard with 3.4GHz Athlon 64 CPU (1MB cache) & 1GB DDR Corsair RAM
1 x ATI Radeon 7500 series 128MB AGP video card (main video output)
1 x Creative 128MB PCI video card (secondary video output - with S-Video TV out)
2 x Soundblaster Audigy soundcards (1 with front panel - including digital in/out)
1 x Western Digital Raptor 36.7GB SATA HDD
1 x Maxtor 200GB SATA HDD
1 x Plextor DVD-RAM drive

Will be (hopefully in the near-ish future!) adding a Pioneer DJM3000 19" mixer too...

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-06-2006, 12:56 AM
Yeah, it is taking a while Beerfunk...

Didn't we have a convo about this a few months ago?

BeerFunk
19-06-2006, 01:01 AM
Yeah, it is taking a while Beerfunk...

Didn't we have a convo about this a few months ago?

Haha - yes :embarasse

It was only a couple of months ago though - not 'a few'! Been a bit busy, I'll need to take a week off work, maybe next month, to finish it off! ;)

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-06-2006, 01:20 AM
Haha - yes :embarasse

It was only a couple of months ago though - not 'a few'! Been a bit busy, I'll need to take a week off work, maybe next month, to finish it off! ;)

I'll let you off :teeth:

You should know by now that I'm prone to a slight bit of exgerration (sp!)

Been drinking, hence the rubbish spelling :embarasse

Corabar Steve
19-06-2006, 01:28 PM
Gemini CD players YuckWhat's the matter? doesn't it play the explicit versions of your CDs?

The MP3000X is a perfectly useable workhorse of a CD player, nowt wrong with it!

BTW, is there any room left in the dunce's corner?
(yup! me too :embarasse )

NeilP
19-06-2006, 04:07 PM
OK Everyone, out of the Dunce's corner!! (Sorry, me thinks i didn't say i was buying or selling :sad: )

Class D Speakers - any experiences?

I was looking at the Jac 12's and the CD 15's ......

Corabar Steve
19-06-2006, 04:19 PM
I've used CD158's & I love 'em. One of our other DJs Wants some too after hearing the set I use.

You do have to tweak the EQ on your mixer as they have very responsive top & bottom ends on them. I would go as far as to say you wouldn't need subs for anything up to middle sized gigs, they can be very bassy & you can push them hard

Corabar Steve
19-06-2006, 04:21 PM
I really want to try out a set of CD 215's

Class D web site (http://www.class-d.com/ProductList.aspx?CatName=Speakers&Cat=48)

joburgo
19-06-2006, 04:24 PM
Disagree, I use Virtual DJ and never have any problems, and I use it non stop all night.
Couldn't agree more.

Corabar Entertainment
19-06-2006, 04:29 PM
I've used CD158's & I love 'em. One of our other DJs Wants some too after hearing the set I use.

You do have to tweak the EQ on your mixer as they have very responsive top & bottom ends on them. I would go as far as to say you wouldn't need subs for anything up to middle sized gigs, they can be very bassy & you can push them hardYep - agree... and what I like about them is that they have a very 'sweet' sound - not at all harsh. IMHO, they are fantastic for the money & a lot better than speakers costing a HELL of a lot more

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-06-2006, 04:35 PM
Yep - agree... and what I like about them is that they have a very 'sweet' sound - not at all harsh. IMHO, they are fantastic for the money & a lot better than speakers costing a HELL of a lot more

I must have a listen to them when I'm up your way again. £130 for A PAIR of cabs that sound half decent sounds a real bargain.

Corabar Steve
19-06-2006, 04:42 PM
I must have a listen to them when I'm up your way again. £130 for A PAIR of cabs that sound half decent sounds a real bargain.
You could do a lot worse than a pair of Class D's as back up if your M****** go belly up.

:teeth: Or you could get some that are "specially imported from the far east to our demanding standards" :zip: :zip: :zip: :zip: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Corabar Entertainment
19-06-2006, 04:45 PM
Hmmm - yes. We were very sceptical at first, but as you know, we only really bought them in the first place for a pub residency we were doing, plus maybe for other small gigs. There is very little room for the DJ in the pub and the punters are very 'up close & personal', shall we say, so we wanted some cheaper speakers so that it wouldn't be a disaster if they got ruined. At that kind of price, we thought it would be worth taking a chance.

The first week they were in the pub, one of the punters went up to Steve almost straight away and said "Wow! What have you done to your system.... it sounds fantastic" Steve told him "New Speakers" and his response was that they were so much better than the old ones (the old ones cost about 4 or 5 times the price!)

The following week Steve was at a 50th Birthday party and the live entertainment asked if they could run their backing tracks through Steve's system, because his sounded so much better than theirs: Their system? An HK Audio Lucas System. Now I appreciate that their system may not have been set up in the most effective way, but that should have been impossible, shouldn't it? :omg:

Daz - I'm not saying that they are better than your pride and joy, but I would gladly put them up against any speakers costing 4 or 5 times the price, and more.

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-06-2006, 04:51 PM
You could do a lot worse than a pair of Class D's as back up if your M****** go belly up.

I already have a 2 pairs of Ohm RW3s and a pair of KAM IMS PRO cabs for backup actually....as well as a Behringer powered desk and a spare spare RSE amp too.

I think I'm covered....

Still wouldn't mind hearing them though.

Corabar Entertainment
19-06-2006, 04:55 PM
You could've popped along last night if we'd thought about it: Steve did a wedding virtually on your doorstep last night! :teeth:

Seriously - you're welcome to come over any time.

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-06-2006, 05:43 PM
You could've popped along last night if we'd thought about it: Steve did a wedding virtually on your doorstep last night! :teeth:

Now you tell me!! :sad:

Corabar Steve
19-06-2006, 05:59 PM
Now you tell me!! :sad:
I didn't think you'd appreciate me on your doorstep for a beer at midnight :teeth: (Dad! Jesus is at the door again & ths time he wants a beer!)

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-06-2006, 06:09 PM
I didn't think you'd appreciate me on your doorstep for a beer at midnight :teeth: (Dad! Jesus is at the door again & ths time he wants a beer!)

LMAO!!!

(For those who are vaguely interested, Steve and Angela came down to an NADJ meeting with me, and when Steve knocked on my front door, my 5 year old son answered as I knew it was Steve and I asked my son if it was Jesus at the door, to which he replied yes! :teeth: )

Corabar Steve
19-06-2006, 06:13 PM
LMAO!!!

(For those who are vaguely interested, Steve and Angela came down to an NADJ meeting with me, and when Steve knocked on my front door, my 5 year old son answered as I knew it was Steve and I asked my son if it was Jesus at the door, to which he replied yes! :teeth: )
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :zip: :zip:

ian8limelight
19-06-2006, 08:39 PM
Anything exciting happen at the meeting please ?

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-06-2006, 08:47 PM

Steve got a round in :teeth: :beer:

Corabar Entertainment
19-06-2006, 08:56 PM
I think 'exciting' might not be the most appropriate word to use! :omg: Pleasant evening, but nothing earth-shattering I would say. I've sent you a PM with a brief run-down :)

Corabar Steve
19-06-2006, 09:00 PM
Steve got a round in :teeth: :beer:
Erm, actually I didn't. :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse
It waas Angela's money, but she was having a bad day with her leg & didn't want to go to the bar.

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-06-2006, 09:30 PM
Erm, actually I didn't. :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse
It waas Angela's money, but she was having a bad day with her leg & didn't want to go to the bar.

Angela's money, your money, same thing surely? :teeth:

Corabar Entertainment
19-06-2006, 09:32 PM
Absolutely NOT!!!!!!!! :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:

Corabar Steve
19-06-2006, 09:45 PM
No I earn far more than she does & it's all mine! :teeth: :omg: :teeth:

lazerdjs
19-06-2006, 11:02 PM
In my opinion...

Great idea but could be improved on. The equipment built in at present wold not persuade me to purchase it at that price. But if some different versions were made with varying equipment im sure the idea would catch on.

Although I am doubtful about transport, the unit must be very heavy and quite bulky but would save a lot of wireing! I would aslo scrap the software and add an amp (although even heavier!)

Overall a great idea but needs some modification before DJs would consider it as a package...

Have a disco
19-06-2006, 11:16 PM
Im beginning to think the Admin are masters of getting off the thread trak

BAK on TRAK guys

NeilP
19-06-2006, 11:19 PM
Righteo,

Cheque clears on Wednesday (nearly there!! :teeth: ) and this is what i have on my shopping list at the moment (I have virtually b*gger all at the mo - T-Bar, 2 x Skytec Double Crystal, Baby Falcon, Smoke Machine & Laptop with PCDJ & External HD with music) :-

Amp - Numark 4 1900W or Funky Pro A 1200 (not sure which yet - advice?)
Mixer - Citronic 10:4
CD - Skytec 2410
Speakers -Class D CD215
Flight Case - Yes
Mic - Shure PG-58
Headphone - No idea yet...!!
Lights - 2 x ACME Super Leos
2 x ACME Super Scimitars
Stand - 3m Goalpost type
Cables - probably!

Questions

The ACME's are DMX controlable, the older ones i have aren't. How would you recommend i control the lights....?

Anything that you think I've missed (apart from Lightboxes / Star Cloths / something to hide the table with all the bits on!!) :embarasse

Corabar Steve
19-06-2006, 11:31 PM
Im beginning to think the Admin are masters of getting off the thread trak

BAK on TRAK guys
I'm not admin, I'm a.......

Have a disco
19-06-2006, 11:32 PM
SAME O thingy in a way

POwer monger in dis Guys LOL

Corabar Steve
19-06-2006, 11:35 PM
Speakers -Class D CD215
Let us know what they're like, I think you'll be happy.

I want some as I said earlier in the thread.

Corabar Steve
19-06-2006, 11:36 PM
SAME O thingy in a way

POwer monger in dis Guys LOL
Do you ever stop whinging?????????????

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-06-2006, 11:41 PM
Righteo,

Cheque clears on Wednesday (nearly there!! :teeth: ) and this is what i have on my shopping list at the moment (I have virtually b*gger all at the mo - T-Bar, 2 x Skytec Double Crystal, Baby Falcon, Smoke Machine & Laptop with PCDJ & External HD with music) :-

Amp - Numark 4 1900W or Funky Pro A 1200 (not sure which yet - advice?)
Mixer - Citronic 10:4
CD - Skytec 2410
Speakers -Class D CD215
Flight Case - Yes
Mic - Shure PG-58
Headphone - No idea yet...!!
Lights - 2 x ACME Super Leos
2 x ACME Super Scimitars
Stand - 3m Goalpost type
Cables - probably!

Questions

The ACME's are DMX controlable, the older ones i have aren't. How would you recommend i control the lights....?

Anything that you think I've missed (apart from Lightboxes / Star Cloths / something to hide the table with all the bits on!!) :embarasse

Personally, I wouldn't go for the Funky amp as they haven't been out long and if there's any problems they won't have been found yet. Never used the Numark, so can't comment. A couple of other options - Peavey PV2600, can be found second hand on ebay for around £250 or the behringer ep2500 which I've never used either, but other DJs on forums rave about them, saying they are brilliant for a budget amp.

I owned a Citronic 10:4 and didn't like the faders as they had too much play on them. The sound is OK though and it is well set out with eq on each channel including the 2 mic channels.

Not sure about the Skytec CD players - what about the Citronic ones? The CD4 goes for just over £200. I had a CD2 which I sold to the Corabars and I assume is still going strong.

Speakers? Had good reports from people about Class D, and for the money, I don't think you can go wrong.

I would always advise to go for the most expensive mic you can, and the PG58 is similar to the SM58 which I've used for years in one form or another.

Headphones - I used to go through 5 pairs a year of the sub £20 headphones, until I got fed up with that and bought a pair of Sennheiser HD25SP for around £80. That was 6 or 7 years ago and I still have them and they are going strong, although I have changed the pads once.

Super Leos and Scimitars again are good effects for the money. I had a pair of Scimitars and the only thing I didn't like about them was the speed - I thought they were too quick. I controlled mine with the CA6 mini controller.

For a bit more light and coverage, you may want to consider Datamoons which are a very bright and inexpensive addition to your show.

Also, I wouldn't recommend getting the cheapest goalpost you can find, as I've heard lots of stories about plastic bits falling off them.

I think a table looks naff to be honest. Buy a Prolight or Ultimax stand and cover the front with a starcloth (Prolight about £150 or Zoom about £100) I saw the Zoom one at the NADJ meeting last week though and it didn't look great...

Hope this helps. :)

Have a disco
19-06-2006, 11:42 PM
You know that the more you reply the more Ill Badger bait so dont reply

sorry Im not with the click crew I do not have to conform I have a right to comment being an open forum as such

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-06-2006, 11:44 PM

I hope you're not going off topic are you?

Corabar Steve
19-06-2006, 11:48 PM
I would not advise telling me what to do Clifford, I have been up since 05:30 (after 3 hours sleep) & I haven't had a cigarette for a week! Short fuse falls very short in description

Have a disco
19-06-2006, 11:51 PM
Suggest using Militec Amps IE; MT1600 as these are proving to be very reliable and cheap alternatives to Warriors or Numark 4 1900W or Funky Pro A 1200

Mic SM58 everytime

SKytec or Citronic Never touch, try american pro very nice cheaper than denons but reliable

Head phones try newmark very good HD range

datamoons very past it but have good rep
super leo s heard noght but good about them

the rest I concur

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-06-2006, 11:57 PM
SKytec or Citronic Never touch,

Why?

datamoons very past it but have good rep

Not quite sure why - the newer moons are no real different, eg:T4 and EVL spin.

And this coming from a man who thinks rotating fuzz lights are OK.... :teeth:

Have a disco
20-06-2006, 12:03 AM
Why?

Not quite sure why - the newer moons are no real different, eg:T4 and EVL spin.

And this coming from a man who thinks rotating fuzz lights are OK.... :teeth:

Have had no end of problems with citronic faders delayed starter buttons etc Skytec are yes cheap and well you pay for what you get

Im much in the vien of Denon Buy quality name get quality products

Datamoon yes I believe in a retro feel but they have hardly progressed in 20 years still do basically the same thing as a fuzz light flash and twist they just are the same as 10 years ago in real time just with a fewer new touches ie casings bulbs sorry I do like them but they just don't reachout and grab me against more modern lighting

Never heard of sleep steve corbar lol thats where Im heading night

Corabar Steve
20-06-2006, 12:07 AM
I had a CD2 which I sold to the Corabars and I assume is still going strong.Yep, I still use it as one of my two main players every gig
SKytec .......Never touch, Their amps are half way decent. I've used them for my back up in the past, good little work horses. I can't comment on any of their other kit though.
Speakers? Had good reports from people about Class D, Oh yes
I would always advise to go for the most expensive mic you can, and the PG58 is similar to the SM58 which I've used for years in one form or another.I wouldn't say get the most expensive , but you can't go far wrong with SM / PG 58s
I think a table looks naff to be honest. Buy a Prolight or Ultimax stand and cover the front with a starcloth Or a plain black cloth, or a banner
I saw the Zoom one at the NADJ meeting last week though and it didn't look great.. Bit of an understatement there Daz. It looked

Corabar Steve
20-06-2006, 12:10 AM
Never heard of sleep steve corbar lol thats where Im heading nightTry working as much as I have this weekend then you'll know where I'm coming from :sleep: :teeth:

Solitaire Events Ltd
20-06-2006, 12:13 AM
Oh yes I wouldn't say get the most expensive , but you can't go far wrong with SM / PG 58s

I did say "The most expensive you can", but I meant the most expensive you can afford. :)

Corabar Steve
20-06-2006, 12:23 AM
I did say "The most expensive you can", but I meant the most expensive you can afford. :)
That's me stuffed then!

Corabar Steve
20-06-2006, 12:24 AM
But At least I've got some spares :teeth:

Solitaire Events Ltd
20-06-2006, 12:31 AM
That's me stuffed then!

Beautiful.

I used to use those kind of mics for karaoke, but found I was replacing them every couple of weeks, so it wasn't really cost effective.

Solitaire Events Ltd
20-06-2006, 12:32 AM
But At least I've got some spares :teeth:

Me too.

A shure BG3 and my bargain of the century, a switched SM58 from ebay for £45!

Corabar Steve
20-06-2006, 12:34 AM
As used by Big Brother contestants!!!!!!!! Must get some!

NOT!

dj andy allwood
20-06-2006, 02:55 PM
i think it looks great thats all im gonna say on the matter

Solitaire Events Ltd
20-06-2006, 03:36 PM
i think it looks great thats all im gonna say on the matter

Is it you selling it by any chance? :teeth:

Corabar Steve
20-06-2006, 04:32 PM
Is it you selling it by any chance? :teeth:I hope not, we don't like folks coming on here selling things :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :

Corabar Steve
20-06-2006, 04:34 PM
Anyway, is it just me or does the picture look as though it's been photoshopped & is not the actual product?

NeilP
20-06-2006, 09:48 PM
Slightly revised list now stands at.....

Mixer - Denon X800 or Pioneer DJM 600 (about £200 Ebay - used)
CD - Citronic CD4 (£209.00 New)
Amp - Behringer EP2500 (£240 New)
Speakers - Class D CD215 (£269 New)
Case - not sure yet (- about £80?)
Mic - Shure PG-58 (£60 New)
Lights - 2 x ACME S/Leos (£210 New), 2 x ACME S/Scimitars (£220 New)
(already have 2 x Double Crystals and a Baby Falcon)
Effects - already have a Smoke Machine
Light Controller - ACME DMX Controller (£129 New)

Stand & Goalpost - not sure yet, a couple of used ones on Ebay coming up
Cables - approx £100?
Headphones - approx £40

Possibly a Prolight Star Cloth, depends on what Stand i get.

This fits into my £2k with a couple of quid left for a couple of pints!

What do you lot think (and no going off topic!! :teeth: )

Solitaire Events Ltd
20-06-2006, 10:06 PM
Looks slightly better than the first list, although I'm not sure about the pricing for the mixers - even for ebay they look a bit low?

I've just bought a 2-6-2 Kamkase for £120 and it is very well made. If you look on Ebay, there's a company doing a 2-4-2 for £75.

Have a disco
20-06-2006, 10:16 PM
Slightly revised list now stands at.....

Mixer - Denon X800 or Pioneer DJM 600 (about £200 Ebay - used)
CD - Citronic CD4 (£209.00 New)
Amp - Behringer EP2500 (£240 New)
Speakers - Class D CD215 (£269 New)
Case - not sure yet (- about £80?)
Mic - Shure PG-58 (£60 New)
Lights - 2 x ACME S/Leos (£210 New), 2 x ACME S/Scimitars (£220 New)
(already have 2 x Double Crystals and a Baby Falcon)
Effects - already have a Smoke Machine
Light Controller - ACME DMX Controller (£129 New)

Stand & Goalpost - not sure yet, a couple of used ones on Ebay coming up
Cables - approx £100?
Headphones - approx £40

Possibly a Prolight Star Cloth, depends on what Stand i get.

This fits into my £2k with a couple of quid left for a couple of pints!

What do you lot think (and no going off topic!! :teeth: )

OK denon X400 would have been good enough but hey you got the X800 cheap.. Goalposts try the funky wind up range on Ebay worth every penny same as prolight but cheaper, cables are above and beyond LOL. Case a nice small one carpeted if possible

BeerFunk
20-06-2006, 10:26 PM
Pioneer DJM 600 or Denon DN-X800?!

The 600 is a 12" tabletop, and the X800 is a 19" rack mixer??

Solitaire Events Ltd
20-06-2006, 10:30 PM
Still both mixers though!

A1DL
20-06-2006, 10:33 PM
I've just bought a 2-6-2 Kamkase for £120 and it is very well made. If you look on Ebay, there's a company doing a 2-4-2 for £75.

You're right Daz, they are well made.

One of the DJs brough a Kamkase down a month or so ago and I was pleasantly surprised by it - excellent build using heavy duty fittings.

So surprised that straight after the PAT test I checked online and found it was from the same company that make not cheap mixers & speakers!!

Solitaire Events Ltd
20-06-2006, 10:38 PM
The good thing about them too is that there is a hinged back door on them for easy access with a hole to put plugs etc through and the cables can hardly be seen.