PDA

View Full Version : webpage rank prediction

Have a disco
18-06-2006, 06:17 PM
Ok have one tool but are there any others out there for checking our webpages to see if they are doing well all over the web not just via google???

this is my current tool = Google PageRank Prediction - Future Page Rank Tool at RustyBrick

+Scooby+
18-06-2006, 07:03 PM
Ok have one tool but are there any others out there for checking our webpages to see if they are doing well all over the web not just via google???

this is my current tool = Google PageRank Prediction - Future Page Rank Tool at RustyBrick

I got a 4, is that good or bad?

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-06-2006, 07:30 PM
I got a 4, is that good or bad?

I believe 10 is the highest and 0 the lowest, so 4 is pretty good. (I think I've got a 4 too)

Admin
18-06-2006, 08:32 PM
The Rusty Brick prediction tool is not gospel on what the page rank of your site is. Only Google have and can calculate that information. Don't be too upset if it is not very high as it is just a guess at your true page rank.

Have a disco
18-06-2006, 09:21 PM
I have a 4 as well but would like to view it from another provider. also would like to see my rating from the likes of MSN and others etc etc I must admit that with 1100 visitors since Dec 28th when 1st put online that a 4 is pretty respectable either way... But would still wish to check via other sources?? any ideas as I never take anything as gospel hence my question

ian8limelight
18-06-2006, 09:27 PM
I believe 10 is the highest and 0 the lowest, so 4 is pretty good. (I think I've got a 4 too)

:cry: :cry: I only got a 2 !!!!!!! :unlove: :eek:

Corabar Entertainment
18-06-2006, 09:37 PM
"page rank" is purely a google thing - other search engines don't have page rank.

ian8limelight
18-06-2006, 09:41 PM
"page rank" is purely a google thing - other search engines don't have page rank.

Cheers Angela, I feel a whole lot better. :beer: :beer:

Admin
18-06-2006, 10:05 PM
Page rank is not that important anyway, it is where you come on the results that count!

Corabar Entertainment
18-06-2006, 10:15 PM
Page rank is not that important anyway.... and from what I've read, what importance it did have is decreasing.

CRAZY K
18-06-2006, 10:30 PM
What matters to me is how many bookings I successfully obtain from the Internet and get paid for.

Numbers of hits and other stats mean very little to me--just punch your key words into Google, Yahoo, MSN and BBC then you will find out how effective your marketing is.

The bit in between doesnt matter to me---its the result that counts.

CRAZY K

Have a disco
18-06-2006, 10:37 PM
So how and when do you know when you have the right words to ensure that I top my area which for Haverhill I do but not newmarket nor cambridge for instant even though they are keywords??

Net results are important to me as I am recieving very few bookings via the net as of yet I want to validate the websites usage and cost etc etc . How soon did bookings via the net explode or is phone bookings still the best route do people advertise as well via other medium as to flood the market to Get attention and ie Bookings. I have a tight budget but want to maximize exposure which I think I have done via the net. Are Papers worth the great expence

CRAZY K
19-06-2006, 09:26 AM
Looking at your home page there is no mention of Cambridge or Newmarket that the Google machines can read--I dont think it can read the
drop down box with all the towns listed.

I would have a word with Wolfie who knows a lot about these things.

Personally I find apart from repeats or recommendations all advertising is now not cost effective--Yellow Pages, flyers, mail shots etc.

Down your way last Friday at Whittlesford for an 18TH Birthday yee-ha--
saw Haverhill signposted somewhere!

CRAZY K

Admin
19-06-2006, 09:38 AM
Looking at your home page there is no mention of Cambridge or Newmarket that the Google machines can read--I dont think it can read the
drop down box with all the towns listed.

They can't read drop down boxes. The best way is to write down what combinations of words you want to be found on and then try and include these words or phrases in your text copy.

Don't just type these words at the bottom of your site though as this can be read as spam. A good few well written sentences can boost your rankings no end.

For example: We are a professional mobile disco based in Cambridge and covering the surrounding areas such as Newmarket,, and etc. As an experienced wedding DJ, blah blah blah.

Just with these small 2 sentences, we have included the below search terms for the search engines:

mobile disco
mobile dj
mobile disco cambridge
mobile disco newmarket
mobile dj cambridge
mobile dj newmarket
wedding dj
wedding disco
wedding dj cambridge
wedding dj newmarket
wedding disco cambridge
wedding disco newmarket

Then include in your page titles any important keywords such as:

Your company name - mobile disco wedding dj cambridge newmarket

Hope that helps.

hotangel
19-06-2006, 10:08 AM
Wolfie asked me to copy & paste this information.

A few things to remember:

You're only confined by the boundaries you set for yourself and your Web site. Allow yourself to think in a totally different way than you've thought before.

Your Web site content should be written for your buying customers . . . not for you. Your Web site content should not be written for the search engines. The search engines are not your target audience.

Forget Expensive Pay Per Click Advertising

Have a disco
22-06-2006, 06:24 PM
They can't read drop down boxes. The best way is to write down what combinations of words you want to be found on and then try and include these words or phrases in your text copy.

Don't just type these words at the bottom of your site though as this can be read as spam. A good few well written sentences can boost your rankings no end.

For example: We are a professional mobile disco based in Cambridge and covering the surrounding areas such as Newmarket,, and etc. As an experienced wedding DJ, blah blah blah.

Just with these small 2 sentences, we have included the below search terms for the search engines:

mobile disco
mobile dj
mobile disco cambridge
mobile disco newmarket
mobile dj cambridge
mobile dj newmarket
wedding dj
wedding disco
wedding dj cambridge
wedding dj newmarket
wedding disco cambridge
wedding disco newmarket

Then include in your page titles any important keywords such as:

Your company name - mobile disco wedding dj cambridge newmarket

Hope that helps.

Wolfie Dear sir belive that admin may be right on this one but need to know wether you have covered the web page with this system already I believe you have but may have to change dropdown bit and have just the place names instead let me know via email site basically is working ok now with newer photos etc etc

Wolfie
22-06-2006, 08:30 PM
Wolfie Dear sir belive that admin may be right on this one but need to know wether you have covered the web page with this system already I believe you have but may have to change dropdown bit and have just the place names instead let me know via email site basically is working ok now with newer photos etc etc

to be fair, what i did on your site was precisely what you asked, i copied & pasted from the documentation what i had given to me that you wrote yourself... even a lot of what you wrote you wanted changed after a few days & this got to be a regular occurance, so i have done nothing but exactly what you wanted or what you asked. Personally IMHO if it was my site for my business, i would of made the site totally different with a lot more professional look & feel.

yes i can remove the dropdown box, however (& this is probably the best bit of advice you will get all day on this subject) you are worrying too much about search engines & what content would attract them... the site should be created for the site visitors & not to attract the search engines, this can backfire & do you more harm than good. Your site content should be written for your customers - not for you & the content should not be written for the search engines. The search engines are not your target audience.

You already have a PR of 4 which is down to the hard work i've done behind the scenes making it so the search engines find it easily with coding, carefully written titles & using Alt tags on the images (things that most people often overlook) & the fact you have worked on the site back linking by listing on the directories & things like the validator sites. Unless you can improve it with a mega linking campaign, i can not honestly see for a mobile disco site it will get much higher... have a look round the web & look at the disco sites, (excluding directories & the big forums etc) not many have rankings above 2 or 3 & the only odd one has a rank of 4..... you have arrived... all you can do is tweak the keywords but you will not at this stage improve it's ranking any further.

What may be needed now is another tactic.. some new ideas or hooks to keep people coming back to the site. I read on a SEO site the other day about the tactic of holding a competition as a way of getting repeat visitors & snow balling the whole process... read below, it may inspire you...

Use your imagination here. If you set up some coloring sheets, kids could color those sheets and post them online before their trip in their own special online area. After the trip, their parents could post pictures and a journal of their trip. This is their "Web site" about their trip, all hosted on your site as a perk for booking through your vacation site. What are they going to do with this information? They're going to tell their friends, Grandma and Grandpa, Aunt Edna, etc. They're going to link to it. You can use this perk as part of your USP (Unique Selling Proposition) when differentiating yourself from your competition. You'll be building one-way links from your past customers, plus visibility for future customers. Win/win situation. You'll think of many ways of adding coloring sheets (or similar creative activities for kids) to your site, if your site is the type that would work for kids.

as well as this you perhaps would be wise to alter some of the text, as Richie has stated, but as i said, i could only work with what i was told to work with... the stuff you provided & doing exactly what you asked me to do

Have a disco
22-06-2006, 09:11 PM
Not complaining wolfie just asking, it was a starter for 10 in the beginning. but sofar have had nothing but praise from people in the wedding business industry and others that have looked at it

ie 118gethitched and the taxman (whom a sure its been there for years??? as it looks too professional LOL) you Have produced me a very professional looking site that stonks over several sites.

Mayhap a few paragraphs could be added or changed but we can chat about this later, keywords will need tweaking
http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=670&stc=1
My wabbit banner is my main worry www.have-a-disco.co.uk (http://www.have-a-disco.co.uk) in blue/ black needs to be phone numbers was about to give it too papers when I remembered please asap the change (LOL I almost made a pofar)

I am eternally greatful to work done so far wolfie but as you know nothing is perfected in a day and even the disco name was changed due to partnership problems and back up plans, and other disco's/dj's require cheaper access and acknowledgement that they did work on my behalf etc etc so this was resolved. If you have any paragraphs that drastically need changing propose the change I can say yeh or neh after all

Was thinking of having a game ie Badger racing incorporated and say a top ten players chart this would bring people back regularly etc etc but am open to suggestions??

kids colouring page would be a no no as not partial to kids disco's under 10's especially I try to avoid

Wolfie
22-06-2006, 09:28 PM
it's not the idea of a colouring contest i was pushing - in fact for a disco site i can't think of anything worse... maybe organise a charity music quiz with a prize giving contest & push that as part of your site or put some form of information not available anywhere else on your site that people would look for & be able to use.

Think outside the box for a little while, You have to remember the internet is often called the "information superhighway" & that is what people are looking for... information. If you can provide the information that people are looking for then you are on apath to success. Sometimes it's not all about building a nice looking page or a site that is jammed full of content to try to bring in the search engines, you could have the worlds ugliest site & it may well attract a big audience on the basis that it has everything people want & nobody else provides. I've even seen it with DJ equipment shop sites... some that cost thousands to create & get nowhere, but then someone will come along with a site that looks like it has been knocked up in an afternoon by a couple of schoolkids & wipe the floor with the competition, on the simple factor it has all the stuff on it that people are precisely looking for.

Just the part that you need in that statement i posted before is this bit - an idea that will achieve the end result of:-

What are they going to do with this information? They're going to tell their friends, Grandma and Grandpa, Aunt Edna, etc. They're going to link to it. You can use this perk as part of your USP (Unique Selling Proposition) when differentiating yourself from your competition. You'll be building one-way links from your past customers, plus visibility for future customers. Win/win situation.

Have a disco
22-06-2006, 09:40 PM
I have the perfect thing then cryptic pop groups names quiz could work

Have a disco
22-06-2006, 09:47 PM
or say regular weekly quiz questions on say weekly?