PDA

View Full Version : Software Hunt

smashentertainments
01-02-2010, 03:02 PM
Anyone know where i can get some software to enable me to display graphics videos and do text (scrolling flashing and such). I know you can get plug ins for virtual dj but there not the greatest plus they are cpu hogging. Anyone Help Cheers ?

Vectis
01-02-2010, 04:04 PM
http://www.rabidhamster.org/R4/main.php

The best £200 I ever spent.

:beer1:

smashentertainments
03-02-2010, 10:35 AM
on the download page it doesnt say anything about paying £200 or is this a trial version? how do you use the software asin do you use multiple screens and such. Might have to be purchased if it works well

Vectis
03-02-2010, 11:55 AM
The free download version is watermarked.

I use mine with multiple screens, the built-in web server for remote control via a browser, external videos with/without audio and announcements etc..

Takes a fair amount of twiddling to get all these add-ons working, but you'll be very impressed when you do get it going!

welby
03-02-2010, 12:56 PM
Anyone know where i can get some software to enable me to display graphics videos and do text (scrolling flashing and such). I know you can get plug ins for virtual dj but there not the greatest plus they are cpu hogging. Anyone Help Cheers ?

I run VDJ - and one way is to use the new version of clipbank - you can load very efficient flv or vob files. Flv's are great because they are so small.

Secondly if you want scrolling text - you can use the SBDJ text scroller

I also use an SMS 2 Screen system called Iwall.

I use these all at the same time with any adverse affect on CPU. I guess a lot of it is down to your specfication of your pc/laptop.

If you are suffering from high cpu usage you should check your latency as I found out that my wifi card was affecting the performance of VDJ, and just by switching it off or diabling it made a big difference to CPU usage.

I looked at R4 and agree it is a very good programme but I found it a nightmare to configure - but once you get the hang of it it was ok. You might want to look at Resolume or Arkaos Grand VJ as alternatives.

Hope this helps.