PDA

View Full Version : North East Meet up - Thursday 11th Feb 2010

alanrees151
02-02-2010, 03:25 PM
Hello Chaps,

a few of us NADJ members are planning an informal meet up on Thursday 11th Feb, meeting at William Steads Pub in Darlington (http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/pubs/the-william-stead opposite TK Maxx) between 5:30pm and 7:00pm then off for a curry in one of Darlington's fine Indian Restaurants!

Open to anyone, but particularly people who are currently NADJ members or interested in joining and looking to play an active part in setting up a formal local Branch. Hopefully we can discuss some ideas for getting a branch up and running, venues ideas for meetings, formats of meetings etc.

Cheers

Alan

ppentertainments
02-02-2010, 04:38 PM
I am going if anyone heading down and desperately wants to drive, and is passing my house :whistle:

ppentertainments
03-02-2010, 08:38 PM
See the offers are flooding in :mad: :mad: :D

alanrees151
03-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Is there anybody else out there in the North East..........?

flatliners
04-02-2010, 08:00 PM
i would but i am on an 8 till 8 at work bummer

STEVE HANLEY
05-02-2010, 12:40 AM
Is there anybody else out there in the North East..........?

It's the day before I get paid and because disco gigs are extremely thin on the ground at the moment still working out some funds. However i am seeing Chris from PP ents tonight as he's doing a disco at place that I'm doing a wedding at in march and going to check the place out I'll know better tomorrow probably but would love to be there

DazzyD
09-02-2010, 01:07 PM
How many people are coming up with excuses not to attend???

By the way, I'd love to come down but I don't get finished work until half 6! :p

ppentertainments
09-02-2010, 02:56 PM
How many people are coming up with excuses not to attend???

By the way, I'd love to come down but I don't get finished work until half 6! :p

You could be there for just after 7, in time for a curry (and social). Sure no-one will mind you being a bit late - looks like I may be a bit late also. :o :o

DazzyD
09-02-2010, 11:30 PM
You could be there for just after 7, in time for a curry (and social). Sure no-one will mind you being a bit late - looks like I may be a bit late also. :o :o

I think that is very optimistic!

Finish work at 6.30pm. Three buses to get home so arrive home at 7.25. Get changed and ready quick - 8pm. Bus to durham - 8.30pm. Train to Darlo - 9.00pm.

Unfortunately, I don't drive so it's buses and trains all the way.

However, if we get a big more notice for the next meet I can arrange the day off work (or at least an early finish) because I've been looking out for local DJ meets recently and am a bit narked that I'm going to miss this one!

Solitaire Events Ltd
09-02-2010, 11:35 PM
You don't drive and you are a mobile DJ?

DazzyD
09-02-2010, 11:45 PM

As I've mentioned before, it's a family outfit. My brother does all the driving and he's my roadie/trainee DJ. I was DJing/entertaining for other operators for a good few years before my dad saw the potential in me and funded the business. I'm the DJ and technical skills behing the business.

Solitaire Events Ltd
09-02-2010, 11:55 PM
As I've mentioned before, it's a family outfit. My brother does all the driving and he's my roadie/trainee DJ. I was DJing/entertaining for other operators for a good few years before my dad saw the potential in me and funded the business. I'm the DJ and technical skills behing the business.

..OK.

Seems an essential thing to me in this job, but each to their own.

Excalibur
10-02-2010, 07:57 AM

..OK.

Seems an essential thing to me in this job, but each to their own.

We know at least another one in that situation, don't we? ;) :D :D

DazzyD
10-02-2010, 01:01 PM
I am learning to drive but it isn't essential to me because I've got a driver in my brother. I've been doing my current role for ten years now and not driving has never been a problem.

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-02-2010, 02:28 PM
I am learning to drive but it isn't essential to me because I've got a driver in my brother.

I would say it's absolutely essential personally.

What happens if your brother is not available?

ppentertainments
10-02-2010, 06:07 PM
I would say it's absolutely essential personally.

What happens if your brother is not available?
Not to mention the extra unneccesary cost of taking a member of staff to every gig, regardless of whether they are needed.

I must admit I could not cope without driving, especially when it comes to client meetings, venue visits, last minute bookings etc.

Anyhoo, if you can manage it tomorrow you have my number. I will be going, but coming away early due to just having 2 wisdom teeth (awkwardly) removed. Curry does not appeal at the moment :D :D

alanrees151
11-02-2010, 03:11 AM
Update:

Still meeting at William Steads between 5:30 and 7:15.

Table booked at the Star of Bengal on Gladstone street in Darlington for 7:30.

Please drop me a text to 07800512871 if you are definatley coming so that I can amend the table numbers if needed.