PDA

View Full Version : Well it's a start

Corabar Steve
19-06-2006, 04:07 PM
This weekends gigs were all wedding receptions.

Fri: The Sculpture Gallery, Woburn Abbey
Sat: Regents College, Regents Park
Sun: The Mill House Hotel, Basingstoke Rd, near Reading

Which one asked for PAT & PLI?????

dj_ags
19-06-2006, 04:25 PM

Im guessing none of them :teeth:

Paul James Promotions
19-06-2006, 04:27 PM
The hotel

Corabar Steve
19-06-2006, 04:35 PM
Im guessing none of them :teeth:The Clue was in the bold type

The hotelYep!

Tiny little room that doubled up as the dining room in a weeny little venue in the sticks & they wanted PAT & PLI you'd've thought the other 2 would've been more likely wouldn't you? At least some venues are starting to ask now!

Woburn didn't even have smoke detectors (Yay! I used smoke for the first time in ages!)

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-06-2006, 04:38 PM
This weekends gigs were all wedding receptions.

Fri: The Sculpture Gallery, Woburn Abbey
Sat: Regents College, Regents Park
Sun: The Mill House Hotel, Basingstoke Rd, near Reading

Well I've worked at the Mill House several times and they've never asked me for either and actually I've got a booking there in September, so I'm guessing it's not that one.

Woburn Abbey seems the most likely, but I'm going to go for Regents College as it sounds really old.

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-06-2006, 04:39 PM
OK, ignore that post then....

dj_ags
19-06-2006, 04:39 PM
The Clue was in the bold type

I interpreted it as being a sarcastic comment, hence the smiley use in my post!

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-06-2006, 04:40 PM
Although, it still seems strange that they didn't ask me for either PLI or PAT.

Maybe they've heard of me and knew how pro we are....:teeth:

Have a disco
19-06-2006, 04:46 PM
And how much PLI did they expect you to carry or was it good enough that you carried some

Corabar Steve
19-06-2006, 04:47 PM
They did say to me that their resident DJ uses a laptop, so I made sure I put them straight on the MCPS PPL PRS etc :teeth: (EDIT: This bit of the post was for Daz's benifit) :teeth: :teeth:

Nice little venue actually, you in the dining room or the marquee? (do they use the marquee in Sept?) (EDIT:actually so was this)

Corabar Steve
19-06-2006, 04:49 PM
And how much PLI did they expect you to carry or was it good enough that you carried some
They just wanted to know if I had some, obviously some very dodgy DJs in the area :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-06-2006, 04:50 PM
They did say to me that their resident DJ uses a laptop, so I made sure I put them straight on the MCPS PPL PRS etc :teeth:

Nice little venue actually, you in the dining room or the marquee? (do they use the marquee in Sept?)

I'm doing a 10th wedding anniversary party for a couple who's wedding I did and it's in the dining room.

I've also worked in the marquee and had a bit of a nightmare with the dreaded noise limiter :mad:

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-06-2006, 04:51 PM
They just wanted to know if I had some, obviously some very dodgy DJs in the area :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Well, if you can't get any well paid work locally, I suppose you would come sniffing round my patch... :teeth: :teeth:

Corabar Entertainment
19-06-2006, 04:54 PM
I'm doing a 10th wedding anniversary party for a couple who's wedding I did and it's in the dining room....and doesn't that make you feel OLD! :teeth:

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-06-2006, 04:56 PM
...and doesn't that make you feel OLD! :teeth:

When I'm doing the 25th anniversary parties, then I will! :omg:

Corabar Steve
19-06-2006, 04:58 PM
Well, if you can't get any well paid work locally, I suppose you would come sniffing round my patch... :teeth: :teeth:It is local, only an hours(ish) drive each way & if you look on our website (areas covered) you'll find that you are actually on our patch :teeth:

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-06-2006, 05:06 PM
It is local, only an hours(ish) drive each way & if you look on our website (areas covered) you'll find that you are actually on our patch :teeth:

As I was a few weeks ago... :)

Corabar Entertainment
19-06-2006, 05:09 PM
.... and you didn't come and say hello to us, did you? :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-06-2006, 05:12 PM
.... and you didn't come and say hello to us, did you? :)

And actually, I did go past the top of the road that leads down to you too (near South Mimms)

Corabar Entertainment
19-06-2006, 05:15 PM
Yeah - if you're up this end, it's fairly difficult not to :teeth: That's the reason it's so easy for us to cover a fair area without having to travel for hours :teeth: :teeth:

Where were you Daz?

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-06-2006, 05:37 PM
Yeah - if you're up this end, it's fairly difficult not to :teeth: That's the reason it's so easy for us to cover a fair area without having to travel for hours :teeth: :teeth:

Where were you Daz?

The Node, in Codicote near Hitchin.

And the sat nav was playing silly beggars again and took me all through the countryside on the way there. :sad:

Shaun
21-06-2006, 04:19 PM
Just got the paperwork (and deposit) returned for an event that the local Council & police are organising.

First question they asked was if I had PAT & PLI.

Hopefully this is a trend that will continue.

Corabar Steve
21-06-2006, 04:21 PM
Just got the paperwork (and deposit) returned for an event that the local & police are organising.

First question they asked was if I had PAT & PLI.

Hopefully this is a trend that will continue.Indeed, it can only be a good thing.

CRAZY K
21-06-2006, 05:09 PM
Hey Daz, so what were you doing at the Node? Bit out of area :sad:

I did a stonking Yee ha night down there couple of years ago.

I was playing near there Saturday night at the Codicote Sports Club round the corner!

If you ever need directions for Hertfordshire gigs give a shout :teeth:

CRAZY K
Hertfordshire born and bred

Solitaire Events Ltd
21-06-2006, 05:10 PM
If you ever need directions for Hertfordshire gigs give a shout :teeth:

CRAZY K
Hertfordshire born and bred

Bit late now! :sad: