PDA

View Full Version : Karaoke Software

DJkiller
19-02-2010, 11:29 PM
Hi,

I used to do karaoke a while ago but no longer offer it. However I have been offered a good contract but they want karaoke, I would like to upgrade my karaoke equipment to make it better. I am looking for what sort of software to use and how to get the tracks from discs on to the computer? Also is there an easy way to search through the tracks, like on virtual DJ?

Thanks for the help
Michael :)

Daryll
20-02-2010, 07:41 AM
Hi Michael.
Huge list of software.

http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/cat/KARAOKE/

I personally use Power CD + G pro HERE (http://www.powerkaraoke.com/src/prod_powercdgplayerpro.php)

To do a search , it a long winded way to begin , I use a spread sheet, with the following data.

Disc ID ( ie Sunfly SF043)
Track name
Artist

Using excels "find" command , I find it easy , the advantage is , as your collection gets bigger , just add the new details to the spread sheet , then sort A-Z orwhat ever , job done.

Help on ripping CD+G disc`s to PC/Laptop.

http://www.powerkaraoke.com/karaoke-blog/2008/02/12/karaoke-cdg-ripping-demystified/

hope this helps

Daryll

Shakermaker Promotions
20-02-2010, 08:29 AM
I use Karaoke Builder. I am sure it was a free player or it did'nt cost much at all (I've had it ages). I also have PCDJ VJ but believe it or not, I prefer the Karaoke Builder.

I have just started using the search facility in Windows 7 aswell now. All the CDG files are on an external HD and searching is easy.

djdave01
21-02-2010, 10:31 AM
virtual dj has a search facility built in, and it searches karaoke tracks just the same as music or video.

i can search for any track and have it playing in just a few seconds (provided i spell it right)

Like Daryl, i also keep a list on a spreadsheet, which i print out for karaoke books, but since virtual dj searches by song title or artist, i dont have to bother with disk id's or track numbers.

Dave

Dynamic Entertainment
21-02-2010, 10:41 AM
Karafun is a free player, which isnt bad either. :)

mark karaoke
21-02-2010, 04:08 PM
for karaoke --- sax and dotty's is the way to go,or for a bit more money mtu hoster --- pcvj and swift elite dont come close to competing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flatliners
21-02-2010, 08:30 PM
try trannosoft think thats what its called easy to use as well and you can put the next singers name on screen

paulg
22-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Hi Dj killer,

Programs like Numark Cue offer a very refined search database. It's about £100 a go but well worth it. Finding tracks at gigs is a breeze.

For your punters track listings though, you'll need printed books again. Take a look on my site:

www.ardsleyentertainments.co.uk

There you'll find my tracklisting on the karaoke page. Download and save it, delete my stuff and type in your own - and you have an instant searchable and printable XL database. It contains a macro (obviously). You need to accept macro's to use the full search. Anyone else is welcome to do the same (plenty have done so already) but if you do, at least say thanks if it's useful.

Twinspin
22-02-2010, 12:31 PM
PCDJ VJ, Virtual DJ, Virtual DJ Studio are good for karaoke.

DazzyD
22-02-2010, 12:53 PM
For getting the tracks off the discs I recommend CD+GRipper 2 from Tricerasoft which is well worth the money as it's hassel-free. Here's a link:

http://www.softtester.com/programs/tricerasoft-cdg-ripper-124444.shtml

It converts CD+Gs to MP3+G which can then be played on a number of karaoke players. I currently use VDJ as it intergrates disco and karaoke nicely so it's perfect for me.

Digitalsounds
22-02-2010, 02:07 PM
a rathjer good piece of software is OTS DJ it can handle video and karaoke and it converts files to its own coding with Studio , Good quality output.

welby
22-02-2010, 03:21 PM
I currently use VDJ as it intergrates disco and karaoke nicely so it's perfect for me.

Same here for me - and it's easy to do a search - you can narrow it down to either - music, video or just karaoke.

Love it!

DazzyD
24-02-2010, 01:06 PM
I particularly like the Virtual Folders in VDJ as I can keep all my favourite tracks in there so they're easy to find.

DJkiller
01-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Thanks for all the help, think I will try and get my Virtual DJ to work with Karaoke... Also thanks paul for the database sure that it will come in useful when i get the karaoke all sorted. :)

paulg
03-03-2010, 12:05 PM
DJ Killer - You're welcome

By the way, to use it, type in a search term eg "robbie w" the press enter and then click on the serach gruop artist box on the left. Similarly, serach for song title, disc no etc.

superdazdj
24-03-2010, 12:27 AM
They way to go is use Virtual Dj...And when you upload your discs to Cd+G..create a zip file, otherwise they appear twice in the database...VDJ will read the zip and play as a karaoke track...

If you use version 5.0 or higher, you can automix on channel A, whilst karaoke is in channel B ready to play...it will mix independently of channel, so A will continue to play music from playlist, even if singer isn't quite ready to sing, and no silent moments...

In order to use zip files, go into config on virtual dj, codes, add zip as extension, and then use karaoke decoder to play...easy

Digital Jack
20-10-2010, 12:45 AM
Go to PCDJ and download the Karaoki (with an i) trial.

asoftuk
10-01-2011, 08:39 AM
Just noticed this thread. Sorry if I have dug up an old thread.

I have been doing karaoke now for several years, while I agree hat VDJ is good for karaoke I personaly use a program called JuatKaraoke.

JustKaraoke (http://www.tricerasoft.com/karaoke_software/justkaraoke.html)

This is quite a decent program as it keeps singers names in a list for easy access plus also has its own cdg ripper with it. It also reads the files from a .zip format which conserves on space if like me you have a vast collection. Databse is set up when you import the songs into it and the search takes a matter of seconds. There are other options like adding a touch screen to it and setting up a remote machine so the main karaoke laptop / pc is not in the line of fire of drunks etc. It has over 34 awards from various sites that have rated it so I consider it worth a look if you are interested.

DazzyD
10-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Just noticed this thread. Sorry if I have dug up an old thread.

I have been doing karaoke now for several years, while I agree hat VDJ is good for karaoke I personaly use a program called JuatKaraoke.

JustKaraoke (http://www.tricerasoft.com/karaoke_software/justkaraoke.html)

This is quite a decent program as it keeps singers names in a list for easy access plus also has its own cdg ripper with it. It also reads the files from a .zip format which conserves on space if like me you have a vast collection. Databse is set up when you import the songs into it and the search takes a matter of seconds. There are other options like adding a touch screen to it and setting up a remote machine so the main karaoke laptop / pc is not in the line of fire of drunks etc. It has over 34 awards from various sites that have rated it so I consider it worth a look if you are interested.

I haven't seen this program before but I can vouch for Tricerasoft products having used several over the years (CD+G Ripper being a particularly effective product but I've also used WinCDG Pro and Swite Elite and both are good products).

If I wasn't settled with VDJ I might have given that a try. However, everything is working as I want it to now and I don't want to rock the boat!!

djdj
17-01-2011, 01:23 PM
I use PCDJ VJ for Karaoke no Key change but does what I need it too,
I saw Karaoki which also looks good
Free trial download as well

PS http://www.pcdj.com/index.php/support/kj-downloads/
You can downlaod the old PCDJ KJ standalone package FREE!

1878blues
18-01-2011, 07:22 PM
virtual dj is great, reliable and efficient

hammy
18-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Siglos for me its so easy to use

Larry B Entertainment
18-01-2011, 07:52 PM
I have started to use PCDJ VJ after using FX for years with the KJ pluggin.

VJ is based on the same engine as Virtual DJ. I has an inbuilt karaoke rotation pluggin and other useful pluggins. You can setup virtual folders for your favourite tracks and can search by Audio, Video and Karaoke.

DeckstarDeluxe
16-02-2011, 11:38 AM
Before I start ripping does the software transfer over the tags and information or do you need to be connected to to the net??

My gigging laptop isnt hooked up so if its easier I'll do it on the office pc and then transfer over.

For getting the tracks off the discs I recommend CD+GRipper 2 from Tricerasoft which is well worth the money as it's hassel-free. Here's a link:

http://www.softtester.com/programs/tricerasoft-cdg-ripper-124444.shtml

It converts CD+Gs to MP3+G which can then be played on a number of karaoke players. I currently use VDJ as it intergrates disco and karaoke nicely so it's perfect for me.

Just downloaded this and its trial software. Think its $35 for the full program and with the trial you only get 60 seconds per track.

Mark Wild
16-02-2011, 12:01 PM
Try this Nell

http://www.powerkaraoke.com/src/prod_powercdgburner.php

DeckstarDeluxe
16-02-2011, 12:07 PM
That was my second one Mark and the same issue. Only 5 tracks per cd can be ripped with only the first minute of audio.....

Mark Wild
16-02-2011, 12:22 PM
That was my second one Mark and the same issue. Only 5 tracks per cd can be ripped with only the first minute of audio.....

Buy it then you tight git :)

DazzyD
16-02-2011, 01:13 PM
Before I start ripping does the software transfer over the tags and information or do you need to be connected to to the net??

My gigging laptop isnt hooked up so if its easier I'll do it on the office pc and then transfer over.

Just downloaded this and its trial software. Think its $35 for the full program and with the trial you only get 60 seconds per track.

Buy it then you tight git :)

You beat me to it, Mark. $35 for the software isn't a lot, really, for what it does!