PDA

View Full Version : Civil Partnerships.

Shaun
21-06-2006, 11:18 PM
I've just been booked for a "Civil Partnership" and have a meeting with the client at the beggining of next week.

This is a new thing for me, with the new law changes that allow same sex marriagies it could be a lucrative market to get into.

Anyone have any experience with Civil Partnership Receptions?
How do they they differ to normal wedding receptions?
Are the flow of events during the evening different to normal receptions?.

I explained to client over the phone that I hadn't hadn't done this kind of event...he replied with a laugh that neither had he and it was a first with him too. He (like me) is unsure of how the flow of the evening should go.

ADVICE APPRECIATED....thanks in advance :)

A1DL
21-06-2006, 11:21 PM
Treat it the same as a wedding reception, and you won't go far wrong.
Get a requests list in advance if you can, obviously don't make any references to brides & grooms.

Corabar Steve
21-06-2006, 11:21 PM
Anyone have any experience with Civil Partnership Receptions?
How do they they differ to normal wedding receptions?
Are the flow of events during the evening different to normal receptions?.

Yes
Not at all
No

Corabar Entertainment
21-06-2006, 11:24 PM
I think the answer is, because they are new, there are no traditions. As far as I can see, some are following the same format as weddings & adopting the same features / formats; whilst others are just going for a ****ed good party!!

At the end of the day, just ask the client what they want :teeth:

Shaun
21-06-2006, 11:26 PM
I asked the client if they wanted a 'first dance' and they weren't sure. they themselves weren't sure if the reception would follow the rules of a mixed sex wedding reception or if it would be more of just a party (hence my questions here).

I'll be discussing all the options with them next week and just wanted to get the advice from the professionals here that are familiar with this type of event.

thanks for the replies so far ....keep 'em coming :)

Corabar Steve
21-06-2006, 11:28 PM
The one I did had a first dance, but it wasn't a slowie. They just had one dance together on their own, before everyone else joined in

Shaun
21-06-2006, 11:29 PM
I think the answer is, because they are new, there are no traditions. As far as I can see, some are following the same format as weddings & adopting the same features / formats; whilst others are just going for a ****ed good party!!

At the end of the day, just ask the client what they want :teeth:

That's exactly my way of thinking.

I let my client know that I had access to a network of dj professionals and would ask their advice.

*Thank god for the MDD eh* !! ;)