PDA

View Full Version : vista and pcdjvj

markdj60
07-03-2010, 10:52 PM
Hi folks can someone tell me if they have the same and how to put it right please,every now and then crash gaurd pops up and says error and to click on the recovery button but it still closes the program,any ideas anyone?:confused:

Edited by Admin: No text speak on the forums please!!!

markdj60
08-03-2010, 08:32 PM
ooops sorry didnt realize my bad.

OllieJames
08-03-2010, 08:35 PM
my bad

You'll be pulled up for that ;) :D :D

markdj60
08-03-2010, 08:36 PM
You'll be pulled up for that ;) :D :D

oh ill dig a hole now shall i sorry.:bang:

OllieJames
08-03-2010, 08:38 PM
oh ill dig a hole now shall i sorry.:bang:

Haha, I'm just playing :) I said "my bad" and got "told off" by some other members for using an "American phrase"! :p

I had the same problem with VDJ. I found that actually mine was to do with a sound card setting, where it was set on low latency for some reason. Once I had put it back on the Denon sound card (or my computer's built in sound card) it was okay again.

markdj60
08-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Haha, I'm just playing :) I said "my bad" and got "told off" by some other members for using an "American phrase"! :p

I had the same problem with VDJ. I found that actually mine was to do with a sound card setting, where it was set on low latency for some reason. Once I had put it back on the Denon sound card (or my computer's built in sound card) it was okay again.

to be honest it has only ever happened about 4 maybe 5 times since ive had it so i cant grumble to much really,just bugs me when it happens.:mad:

thex-faders
09-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Hi folks can someone tell me if they have the same and how to put it right please,every now and then crash gaurd pops up and says error and to click on the recovery button but it still closes the program,any ideas anyone?:confused:

Edited by Admin: No text speak on the forums please!!!

Have you only recently started using VJ? Are you using a USb soundcard or other? It generally is the latency and performance settings.

But we dont have any issue now... i think when its a fresh install of Vj it takes a while to 'settle' in as it were. Been using VJ for over a year and not had any problems.

We also found that using an external hard drive could cuase problems when you have thousands of files it can struggle to load the files... causing a crash. Remidied by putting core songs onto the laptop hardrive and using external for updating top 40 etc.

Hope some of that helps
Tom

markdj60
09-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Have you only recently started using VJ? Are you using a USb soundcard or other? It generally is the latency and performance settings.

But we dont have any issue now... i think when its a fresh install of Vj it takes a while to 'settle' in as it were. Been using VJ for over a year and not had any problems.

We also found that using an external hard drive could cuase problems when you have thousands of files it can struggle to load the files... causing a crash. Remidied by putting core songs onto the laptop hardrive and using external for updating top 40 etc.

Hope some of that helps
Tom

have been using it for over 2 years now and like i said its only done it a few times :confused: im using an external hard drive so i dont use up all the memory on the laptop which would make it run slower and i use 2 external sound cards as well.

thex-faders
09-03-2010, 08:56 PM
have been using it for over 2 years now and like i said its only done it a few times :confused: im using an external hard drive so i dont use up all the memory on the laptop which would make it run slower and i use 2 external sound cards as well.

I can only assume its a latency issue due to the two sound cards then? I dont really think it can always be put down to a specific reason in most cases. Usually the music will continue to play though so having a cd back up or ipod for example is an easy way of rstarting the program without having dead air.

markdj60
09-03-2010, 09:05 PM
I can only assume its a latency issue due to the two sound cards then? I dont really think it can always be put down to a specific reason in most cases. Usually the music will continue to play though so having a cd back up or ipod for example is an easy way of rstarting the program without having dead air.

yeah thats what i have been doing, on very rare cases the program sometimes cuts off completely without me knowing :bang: but hey thanks for the advice much appreciated:D :D