PDA

View Full Version : Unruly Guests

Shaun
23-06-2006, 05:37 PM
Anyone have any 'unruly' or 'troublesome' guests stories?

Have you ever had to end a party early becuase you feared for your safety or the safety of your gear.?

I can't say I've had any trouble in that area but I do have a clause in my contract that covers me for that eventuality. Working week in week out in close proximity with drunk guests has the potential to bring "problems" from time to time.

It would be nice to hear your experiences and how you handled the situation. It could be a good point of reference for those that haven't yet had any trouble.

Corabar Entertainment
23-06-2006, 05:39 PM
Steve did a wedding where the Bride puched the Groom half-way through the evening! Why? Because he was hassling Steve! :omg: :omg:

Shaun
23-06-2006, 05:48 PM
:omg:

Did the party continue?

Corabar Entertainment
23-06-2006, 05:51 PM
Yep :) .... just not sure the marriage did! :omg:

dj_ags
23-06-2006, 06:33 PM
We were doing one a few weeks back. Dancefloor full and everyone was enjoying themselves, UNTIL.....

a fight broke out on the dancefloor and was carried outside. The dancefloor emptied, and we were playing to ourselves and bar staff. Thankfully enough, about ten minutes later, the trouble makers were given their marching orders and were taken home. This enabled us to carry on with the party and a good night was had by all...accept for troublemakers but c'est la vie :)

Corabar Steve
23-06-2006, 07:08 PM
Yep :) .... just not sure the marriage did! :omg:
She asked for a divorce & proposed to me!

Think all was well by the end of the night though

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-06-2006, 09:01 PM
a fight broke out on the dancefloor and was carried outside.

They must have been strong people there to carry the dance floor outside? :teeth:

Shaun
23-06-2006, 09:03 PM
*groan*

:D

Paul James Promotions
23-06-2006, 09:11 PM
They must have been strong people there to carry the dance floor outside? :teeth:

:rolleyes:

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-06-2006, 09:12 PM
Sorry, the DJ in me came racing to the surface....

I won't let it happen again!

ian8limelight
23-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Sorry, the DJ in me came racing to the surface....

Were you running like this ..................

Steve the DJ
23-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Not for some time.

I remember about a year after we had first started to do discos we were working in a rough old dive and WW3 broke out.

My mate and I dropped the top cabs and armed ourselves with a speaker pole each, luckily the trouble makers quickly moved outside.

Plenty of claret though...

ian8limelight
23-06-2006, 09:16 PM
............. or like me

Paul James Promotions
23-06-2006, 09:30 PM
I have never had a problem at a wedding or corporate event, but have seen a few problems at Karaoke evenings.

Corabar Steve
24-06-2006, 12:23 AM
............. or like me
I did that last time I played Pendley Manor *****d an EQ in the process.

BeerFunk
24-06-2006, 12:50 AM
I've had fights after I've finished a few times, as soon as the music goes off, drunk people start to talk about each other behind their backs, only at the same volume as to when the music was on :(

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-06-2006, 12:55 AM
I've had fights after I've finished a few times, as soon as the music goes off, drunk people start to talk about each other behind their backs, only at the same volume as to when the music was on :(

You have???? :omg: :teeth:

Shaun
24-06-2006, 01:01 AM
I was thinking the same thing Darren.

More Funk....less beer :D

Corabar Steve
24-06-2006, 01:15 AM
I've carried dance floors all over the place 3 ft square parquet jobbies with metal edges. :teeth:

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-06-2006, 01:18 AM
I've carried dance floors all over the place 3 ft square parquet jobbies with metal edges. :teeth:

And don't forget (blatent ad for new customers), we can supply oak parquet, black and white or plain white dance floors to your specification :teeth:

At very reasonable prices :teeth: :beer:

Corabar Steve
24-06-2006, 01:23 AM
I was doing a rock night in Wely Garden City when someone who had been barred from the pub decided that he objected to being barred. The entire place was trashed there was not one bottle left on an optic. Thankfully they directed ll their anger at the pub & not the disco.

I was actually outside at the time looking at some of the regulars' bikes & trikes, the first I knew about it was an almighty crash & the music going off (the other DJ killed the music as soon as it all kicked off). We all rushed inside thinking some one had started on Norm, to findWW3 going on & Norm cowering behind a light screen. :omg:

Corabar Entertainment
24-06-2006, 01:24 AM
And don't forget (blatent ad for new customers), we can supply oak parquet, black and white or plain white dance floors to your specification :teeth:

At very reasonable prices :teeth: :beer:Just not the multi-coloured ones that my customer was asking about :teeth:

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-06-2006, 01:24 AM
I was doing a rock night in Wely Garden City when someone who had been barred from the pub decided that he objected to being barred. The entire place was trashed there was not one bottle left on an optic. Thankfully they directed ll their anger at the pub & not the disco.

I was actually outside at the time looking at some of the regulars' bikes & trikes, the first I knew about it was an almighty crash & the music going off (the other DJ killed the music as soon as it all kicked off). We all rushed inside thinking some one had started on Norm, to findWW3 going on & Norm cowering behind a light screen. :omg:

I would never work in these kind of venues :teeth: :teeth: :beer:

Corabar Steve
24-06-2006, 01:41 AM
It was actually a very nice pub (largely due to barring idiots like the one mentioned & his mates) very similar to that place you took us to & about the same size, but the smooth is. :teeth:

soundtracker
24-06-2006, 07:58 AM
I had a little incident last year at a posh wedding. This **** fell against my decks trying to push people aside so that he had room to dance, I told him nicely to be careful, but then he did it again, I asked him nicely to move away if he couldn't stop falling over, but he just carried on- the third time I went out front, put my arm around him, grabbing a handful of flesh and led him out towards the door. At this point the Bridegrooms Uncle interfered and gave this lad a mouthful about abusing the hospitality, and the lad took a swing at him! At this point half a dozen lads, joined in and kicked his ass out of it. When I was packing away he was sat staring into a puddle of his own vomit outside, as I passed, he stood up, I thought "here we go!" but he just said sorry mate- I was a ****! I could only agree with him!!

dj andy allwood
26-06-2006, 08:43 AM
if any fights break out i normally put on kung fu fighting as quick as possible it normally brightens the crowd up

Creature
28-06-2006, 06:30 AM
Last years new years eve party in loacl pub - this very large person kept putting his drinks on my equipment - I did ask kindly (explaining that I had sold my pride n joy to purchase my rig) but he kept doing it. In the end I gave up and picked up by his shoulders and had him against the wall.

He soon got the message and he slunk of with his m8. The landlord came over and asked what happened and I told him - he burst out laughing - the person was outside teh pub crying his eyes out - apparently he was the loacl bully...

now Im not small - but he made me look like mr puniverse !!!!!!!!!!!!

Corabar Steve
28-06-2006, 10:37 AM
Well dealt with, but hardly professional looking.

Still it's nice to see a bully get their comeupance