PDA

View Full Version : KV2 Audio.

Penfold42
19-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Just having a look around and see these.....:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ...for a pair!

http://djempire.co.uk/product/kv2-ex-12-extreme-resoloution-active-speakers-price-per-pair

I've never heard of these......are they that good for that money. :zip:

A1DL
19-03-2010, 06:55 PM
KV2 make very good speakers and are up there with the big names in pro audio. At this level, £1,125 for a powered 12" box is not ridiculous by any means, when you think you can pay well over £1,000 for a professional power amplifier alone. Go listen and let your ears decide.

Excalibur
19-03-2010, 07:09 PM
. Go listen and let your ears decide.

Agreed. I've made it a resoloution not to buy without hearing first. ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

( And in case you didn't get it, it's spelt resolution :D :D :D For that money, I'd expect the vendor to spell it right. :eek: )

MagicMusic
19-03-2010, 07:10 PM
I demoed a few of the KV2 speakers and was very impressed. Ultimately they were a bit too expensive and heavy for me.

visualdjmax
20-03-2010, 07:58 AM
KV2 is very good. Big sound for small boxes. One of mates swears blind by them. We have done some really big jobs with very little PA.

Solitaire Events Ltd
20-03-2010, 12:45 PM
I heard a lot of the range at PLASA last year, I think.

Some were very good and others were just very loud!

kilmeedyman
22-03-2010, 10:16 PM
I heard them at PLASA too, demonstrated under as controlled conditions as possible and those that would be appropriate for mobile DJs were ok, but expensive and heavy compared to the competition.

There was a larger system that they tried to pay 'bonkers' through but it actually flaked on the bass.

I think, in general, you could do a LOT better for your money and I'm sure value for money is a consideration. No?

Penfold42
26-03-2010, 05:34 PM
On reflection I think KV2 audio is over kill for a mobile disco IMO and also it's down to preference in sound....do the customers really care?

But thanks for the posts.