PDA

View Full Version : MP3 collector pro

Spirits High
24-03-2010, 12:20 AM
I'm needing to build up a database of my music and this software has been recommended

http://www.collectorz.com/mp3/

Anyone use it or had any experience with it?

Corabar Entertainment
24-03-2010, 12:23 AM
Yep :) :p

Would you like some information about it, and what would you like to know? :D :D

Alchemy
24-03-2010, 08:09 AM
I've just downloaded the trial version, I'll let you know.

Corabar Steve
24-03-2010, 09:02 AM
It's great!

Very easy to use.

If I was our only DJ, it would be the only cataloging software we'd use.

Alchemy
24-03-2010, 09:38 AM
I have just tried the evaluation version and to be honest I am dissappointed. It is designed for sorting out tracks on a badly organised hard drive, nothing more. :(

I use Traktor Pro and it offers me nothing that Traktor doesn't already do.

Spirits High
24-03-2010, 10:10 AM
Yep :) :p

Would you like some information about it, and what would you like to know? :D :D

It's great!

Very easy to use.

If I was our only DJ, it would be the only cataloging software we'd use.

Thanks, sounds like it's Paul proof aswell :D :D

I have just tried the evaluation version and to be honest I am dissappointed. It is designed for sorting out tracks on a badly organised hard drive, nothing more. :(

I use Traktor Pro and it offers me nothing that Traktor doesn't already do.

Does the trial version do everything the pro version does? I know with some software trial versions they don't have all the features enabled.

Corabar Entertainment
24-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Paul,

Just one thing: will you only require it to catalogue MP3s? Reason I ask, is because Music collector has recently been updated to be capable of cataloguing MP3s as well, but obviously deals with CDs easily too.

They are both easy to filter/search/export/import.

If you give us a clue of what features you would ideally like to have, we can tell you whether it does it or not :)

Spirits High
24-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Paul,

If you give us a clue of what features you would ideally like to have, we can tell you whether it does it or not :)

What I'd like it to do is scan my hard drives , list everything in there then export via excel so it can be used as a music database on my website.

I think it can do that , well the PRO version anyway. I'm sure you'll tell me if it won't ;)

Corabar Entertainment
24-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Yep. Can do that.

Actually, can do better than that: you can export in different formats (ie not necessarily to excel), including files you can upload to the web having configured to whatever colours/fonts/columns etc that you want, and it will code it up for you so you can just drop it in on your site, or incorporate within one of your pages with a basic bit of coding knowledge. :)

Spirits High
24-03-2010, 11:41 AM
Yep. Can do that.

Actually, can do better than that: you can export in different formats (ie not necessarily to excel), including files you can upload to the web having configured to whatever colours/fonts/columns etc that you want, and it will code it up for you so you can just drop it in on your site, or incorporate within one of your pages with a basic bit of coding knowledge. :)

Excellent , thanks for that. The masterplan is coming together ;)

Corabar Entertainment
24-03-2010, 11:53 AM
You're welcome ;)

If either Steve or I can be of any more help, feel free to give us a shout. (Give us a ring if you prefer) :)

Steve the DJ
24-03-2010, 11:53 AM
I would also highly recommend trying the trial of CATraxx (http://www.fnprg.com/catraxx/), a similar programme which I think is excellent.

At least you will have something to compare the first programme against if nothing else.

Alchemy
24-03-2010, 12:23 PM
Does the trial version do everything the pro version does? I know with some software trial versions they don't have all the features enabled.

As far as I can tell it's time limited only (15 days)

Excalibur
24-03-2010, 12:59 PM
What I'd like it to do is scan my hard drives , list everything in there then export via excel so it can be used as a music database on my website.

I think it can do that , well the PRO version anyway. I'm sure you'll tell me if it won't ;)

There is a program which does all of that, and more besides. Costs about £15, and it's absolutely superb

Media MonkeyYou don't need anything else.

Spirits High
15-03-2011, 06:58 PM
Just resurrecting this thread rather than start a new one ;)

I'm currently making a database of tracks with mixed success. Anything that is MP3 has been picked up and in the correct order ie: artist, track etc but for some reason all the WAV files are totally jumbled around some with album name where the artist should be, some completely blank :eek:

I've started to go through and correct them but I'm hoping someone will be able to give me a quick way to swap the artist for title etc rather than go through each individual track.

nisfo
15-03-2011, 07:14 PM
Google Mp3tag ;)

Totally Plucked
16-03-2011, 07:47 AM
I'd second Pete's choice
Media Monkey does it all :) :)

ppentertainments
16-03-2011, 07:53 AM
I'd second Pete's choice
Third vote here - best piece of music software I have purchased. Unfortunately not mac compatible however.

Spirits High
16-03-2011, 09:29 AM
Google Mp3tag ;)

I'd second Pete's choice

Third vote here - best piece of music software I have purchased. Unfortunately not mac compatible however.

Ok, folks thanks for your input but I don't think my post came across as it should. The database is being made with collecterz.com as mentioned in the original post #1.

Hopefully someone with knowledge of this software will point me in the right direction. Luckily there's only around 7000wav files....and the "A"'s are all done now :D

marting
16-03-2011, 05:08 PM

Try media monkey the free version what you want
please be carefull when you set it up though as there is an option to delete unplayed tracks which on first time set up all yours will be.

DJEP Troy
16-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Your results are to be expected. WAV files cannot contain meta-data. I'm certain that the artist/track/album information is being pulled directly from the file name. Any music cataloguing system would have a hard time correctly identifying the artist/track/album since it is exceedingly likely that you have differently formatted file names. IE:

Michael Jackson - Thriller - Beat It.wav
Thriller - Beat It - Michael Jackson.wav
Beat It - Michael Jackson - Thriller.wav

By the way, I absolutely love MP3 Collector. I've tried EVERYTHING else and for my workflow it is the best. I actually drag and drop from MP3 Collector into my playback software.

Corabar Steve
16-03-2011, 09:44 PM
Ok, folks thanks for your input but I don't think my post came across as it should. The database is being made with collecterz.com as mentioned in the original post #1.

Hopefully someone with knowledge of this software will point me in the right direction. Luckily there's only around 7000wav files....and the "A"'s are all done now :D
Just to let you know that I'm not ignoring your question, but that I don't have any WAV files in my Collecterz database, so I can't help.