PDA

View Full Version : Your "other halfs"

Shaun
24-06-2006, 04:01 PM
How does your "other half" feel about you doing the job you do?

I'm lucky to have an understanding woman that doesn't mind me working at the weekends or having scantily clad women dancing around me (if only!). I know of dj's that aren't so lucky and get nothing but grief and agro from their wife/girlsfriends about the job they do.

How about you lot... ever encounter any aggrivation from your partners regardign the job you do?

wayne_uk
24-06-2006, 05:23 PM
Mine's glad to get rid of me for a few hours, (well that's what she says)
have fun
wayne

Retro
24-06-2006, 05:59 PM
Is 50% of Retro Sounds so no problems here :teeth:

KrazyKaz
24-06-2006, 06:27 PM
No probs with my other arf, he looks after our kids when I gig

ian8limelight
24-06-2006, 07:12 PM
No problems with my wife with DJ'ing. She used to be my roadie before the kids were born.

leighinstoke
24-06-2006, 08:26 PM
Mine doesn't mind me doing it - she isn't the kind who wants to go out at the weekend (does it in the week instead) - and she knows that any funds I make from DJing, once I've done the accountsy bit - go into looking after our motorhome, paying for holidays and gets spent on her and the kids.

Also - she's the person who got me my first DJ job after taking a break for years - so it's all her fault I'm doing it again!

Leigh....

Corabar Entertainment
25-06-2006, 01:03 AM
I suppose this thread really isn't applicable to us, but.... are you kidding? I kick Steve out the door as many nights a week as possible!!!! :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

However, we did have a roadie/trainee a while back who had real problems: his other half would even go out shopping and deliberately not bring the car back to try and stop him going! :omg: (Needless to say that he didn't last very long.... shame really, because he could have been a really good DJ :sad: )

Corabar Steve
25-06-2006, 09:00 AM
I suppose this thread really isn't applicable to us, but.... are you kidding? I kick Steve out the door as many nights a week as possible!!!! :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:Oi!!

However, we did have a roadie/trainee a while back who had real problems: his other half would even go out shopping and deliberately not bring the car back to try and stop him going! :omg: (Needless to say that he didn't last very long.... shame really, because he could have been a really good DJ :sad: )Apart from leaving bits of the rig at gigs :teeth:

soundtracker
25-06-2006, 12:04 PM
My good lady, is totally supportive of my disco activities, and is always willing to help in any way she can- in a year or so when kids are able to be independent she has offered her services as a roadie- god help any out of line punters then! :omg:

pulsemobiledisco
25-06-2006, 01:14 PM
Mine fully supports me. We have just bought our first house together and we need all the money we can get. I have residences Mon, Wed, Thu nights and then do mobile work Fri & Sat. So we don't see much of each other at the moment but will be worth it in the end.

Groove Spinner
25-06-2006, 10:48 PM
My wife and I work together on weddings (which is 90% of the bookings) - she also has her own wedding accessories business and used to be a wedding planner, so brides find it very reassuring to have her around.

Solitaire Events Ltd
25-06-2006, 10:51 PM
I can't really answer this to be honest, as I DJ for a living and was when I met my wife.

It's never been an issue, and I don't suppose it ever will be.

For me, it's like saying that I don't like my wife working during the day.

dj andy allwood
26-06-2006, 08:41 AM
but what happens if there not totally happy what would you do?

Solitaire Events Ltd
26-06-2006, 10:05 AM
but what happens if there not totally happy what would you do?

As I said it's never been an issue.

dj andy allwood
26-06-2006, 10:18 AM
so dj'ing or divorce what would you say?

Shaun
26-06-2006, 10:30 AM
Divorce..."next"!

:D

dj andy allwood
26-06-2006, 11:06 AM
Divorce..."next"!

:D

so how long did you have to think about that then?

Shaun
26-06-2006, 11:12 AM
Did I really say that out loud? I didn't "think" before posting....the outcome's the same if I had thought about it though :D

dj andy allwood
26-06-2006, 11:17 AM
Did I really say that out loud? I didn't "think" before posting....the outcome's the same if I had thought about it though :D

so what does your other half think of that then????? :omg:

Alex - Cream Ents
26-06-2006, 11:23 AM
My other half is ok with what I do...as it's how I pay the bills!! I do get the occasional raised eyebrow when she know's I'm doing a student event though. I think she gets a mental picture in her head of girlies dirty dancing around. :omg:

Shaun
26-06-2006, 11:31 AM
so what does your other half think of that then????? :omg:

I'm kidding of course :)

My 'other half' is extremely supportive of what I do so it would never be an issue.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

It's really nice to see we all have supportive partners. I must remember to tell her more often how much I appreciate her.

dj andy allwood
26-06-2006, 11:35 AM
My other half is ok with what I do...as it's how I pay the bills!! I do get the occasional raised eyebrow when she know's I'm doing a student event though. I think she gets a mental picture in her head of girlies dirty dancing around. :omg:

im sure this goes for most dj's in here but you dont dj to look at the young girls in mini skirts do you???

Corabar Steve
26-06-2006, 11:36 AM
It's a perk, but not the reason. :teeth:

Alex - Cream Ents
26-06-2006, 11:38 AM
See the above! :) Not the reason but never fails to put a bigger grin on my face. :teeth:

dj andy allwood
26-06-2006, 11:41 AM
so has anyone been told you only go to look at the tarts????

Shaun
26-06-2006, 11:44 AM
Never.

Then again I'm hopefull at getting the gig for the local bakers christmas party.

Corabar Entertainment
26-06-2006, 11:44 AM
Erm...... He started this thread????????
How does your "other half" feel about you doing the job you do?

I'm lucky to have an understanding woman that doesn't mind me working at the weekends or having scantily clad women dancing around me (if only!). I know of dj's that aren't so lucky and get nothing but grief and agro from their wife/girlsfriends about the job they do.

How about you lot... ever encounter any aggrivation from your partners regardign the job you do?Pay attention at the back there! :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Corabar Steve
26-06-2006, 11:54 AM
so has anyone been told you only go to look at the tarts????Only if there's some nice cherry bakewells on the buffet

Creature
28-06-2006, 06:21 AM
When Im doing weddings or non rock dood, my wifee comes along and helps me out - great help she is a swell especially with the more modern music.... and she enjoys it

have even been known to pay her as well :) :)