PDA

View Full Version : Like Button

Tom
25-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Bit like Facebook, but what about having some kind of function/button where you can like a post.

I often read posts that contain useful information or something that I like and often thought it could be a good idea to show this.

Just an idea anyway. :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
25-03-2010, 09:45 PM
Bit like Facebook, but what about having some kind of function/button where you can like a post.

I often read posts that contain useful information or something that I like and often thought it could be a good idea to show this.

Just an idea anyway. :)

If you look to the top and to the right, there is a rate the thread button. Is that not sort of the same?

Tom
25-03-2010, 09:48 PM
In a way yes, but some posts I don't agree with so don't see the point in giving the thread a rating when I only like or agree with some of the posts.

Charlie Brown
25-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Mint idea Tom!

I think that would be great - but would take some work.

DeckstarDeluxe
25-03-2010, 10:03 PM
In a way yes, but some posts I don't agree with so don't see the point in giving the thread a rating when I only like or agree with some of the posts.

Sometimes though you might like it but someone else really doesnt so in a way it would cause its own proplems? Or people would ask for a dislike button and then thats opening a can of worms? Just my 2p worth....

Steve the DJ
26-03-2010, 09:00 AM
I think he means something like the "Thanks" button you find on the Money Saving Expert forum which uses the same software as MDD:

Rowleys
26-03-2010, 12:46 PM
yes my forum has a thanks on..

also counts each user how many times they have being thanked