PDA

View Full Version : Karaoke Mixer With Efx

djderek1971
28-03-2010, 09:40 AM
Hi folks

Needing some suggestions here please. I am looking for either a suitable mixer with at least 8 channels and decent echo/reverb effects for karaoke that is easily flight cased with the equipment below or a bright idea as to how I can flight case this lot. I have a mackie DFX12 mixer and want to flight case it with a Numark D2 Director and a dual cd player with remote, this would have to be quite a long flight case. I dont want to have the mackie mixer in a seperate case from the players as I would prefer to just leave the connections between the lot permanently in.

Any Ideas?

Excalibur
28-03-2010, 03:00 PM
Beware. I built a full width case for my playout systems. Great. Then I cut it in half, cos I couldn't lift it. :( :o :o :o

MagicMusic
28-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Why can't you use the fx in the Mackie desk, are they poor? Just curious.

djderek1971
28-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Yeah I can use the mackie for fx but its the size of it thats the problem. I currently have a Behringer vmx1000 flightcased in with my d2 and cd player but the mackie is quite a bit bigger so either i need an fx mixer same size as the behringer or i need a flight case that can fit the bigger mackie mixer in as well as the other gear.

djderek1971
28-03-2010, 09:08 PM
I have found this mixer KAM KAP1500 Mixer

Next problem for me not being too technically minded, My current mixerr had 2 outputs and a sub output but this one only has 2 outputs (L/R) and no sub output. If I am using a single active sub (peavey Pro Sub) which has L/R inputs and also using 2 mackie SRM450 v2's (also active), Will I need a crossover or could I go XLR from mixer L/R into sub L/R then up to tops or vice versa, I really dont want to do any damage here which is why im asking for help.