PDA

View Full Version : East Midlands DJ Association.

Charlie Brown
29-03-2010, 06:21 PM
Dear Fellow DJ.
Forgive the intrusion, but I wanted to invite you to a free membership of the EMDJA.
The EMDJA is a group I am building of professionally minded Mobile and Resident DJ’s who want to offer the customers a reliable service with good entertainment and reliable safe equipment, this is not in opposition to NADJ, indeed most of the guys currently signed up so far are happy to be members of both, and it is not simply another internet listing site, though this will feature as part of the membership.
To start us off I have drawn up some very simple membership criteria. Mobile Disco members will have Safe, Reliable equipment, they will be customer focussed, experienced and above all of this reliable. When we have enough members signed up, each member has a web page on the EMDJA website, all of these fit the same format, including my own, potential customers will be able to see at a glance which members are suitable for what they want and follow the link to your own website, or just call you.
More importantly, over the next 2 years we’ll be building trust among the public and being a member will mean that you’re not just another name on a website, it will mean that you are accredited and part of a professional organisation.
We already have Disco shops on board offering a discount to members, a great deal on PAT certification for those who need it and plans for representation at major wedding fayres across the East Midlands for next wedding season. Gatherings are planned too and we will be opening it all up for members to run. So far, all of this is out of my own pocket, but you know, with East Midlands DJ’s getting the lowest gig incomes in the UK, with Disco shops closing every week and skilled DJ’s struggling to get club and pub work above £40 a night... I think it’s worth it.
Why not give me a chance, give us all a chance.
The website is temporarily posted on borrowed web space and will be moved this week to its rightful place, it’s under construction but there is more info there for you to consider and it is www.emdja.co.uk (the dot com is also going to be linked up with this site being more customer focussed)
Who am I?
Merv

Did anyone else get it?

I noticed Paul did...

Leicester Ben
29-03-2010, 07:07 PM
Yeah I got this and joined up as I'm in the East Midlands and its free.

Charlie Brown
29-03-2010, 07:21 PM
:beer1:

Wayno
29-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Is this for real?

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Is this for real?

I believe it's from someone called Porkyman on MDJF?

Charlie Brown
29-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Yeah yeah - why wouldn't it be?

It's free....

Wayno
30-03-2010, 11:44 AM
...So because its free and ran by a single person who has taken 5 minutes to write some common sense membership creteria there is now another "accredited" assoc?...

...Perrrrlease!

:)

soundtracker
30-03-2010, 11:58 AM
...So because its free and ran by a single person who has taken 5 minutes to write some common sense membership creteria there is now another "accredited" assoc?...

...Perrrrlease!

Exactly! and having read some of this guys ideas and comments on the orange forum, I feel inclined to apply bargepole approach!

Charlie Brown
30-03-2010, 12:01 PM
I have just received an email from him...

"Age is no problem" but he strongly suggested I cater for proms, children's parties, etc etc.

I emailed him back explaining I like the older functions - so we will wait and see!

Solitaire Events Ltd
30-03-2010, 12:09 PM
How can he 'strongly suggest' anything. He doesn't know you!

Charlie Brown
30-03-2010, 12:20 PM
I think he was trying to be helpful.

There is another 17 year old signed up who wouldn't like to do Weddings, 50ths, 60th's etc.

we have another 17 year old signed up all I've suggested to him is that he refers to his 3 years of experience and catering you young and young at heart parties. His DJ skills are better than mine anyday - just that he doesn't want to do weddings for older audiences. Honesty is the key, theres a bigger market for you out there than us crusty old lads, it's all down to how you sell it.

In the advertises bit a need to write about myself -
"Charlie Browns bounced onto the scene providing skilled quality entertainment for youthful audiences in 20__. High quality dancefloor skills coupled with modern efficient equipment make Charlie Browns the mobile Disco of choice for Proms and Birthday Parties, funky corporate events and fun family parties across the East Midlands"

I want to write something more classy....but don't want to annoy him.

It might be worth a punt........As long as I get to play a bit of Del Shannon :sj:

Wayno
30-03-2010, 12:25 PM
How can he 'strongly suggest' anything. He doesn't know you!

Dare I suggest - His club, His rules regardless of charlies level of competence?

Steve the DJ
30-03-2010, 12:29 PM
I can't join because 1. I don't live in the East Midlands and 2. I think I am a table...

:sofa:

Corabar Entertainment
30-03-2010, 12:33 PM
2. I think I am a table... :sofa:Dare I ask?

Charlie Brown
30-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Dare I suggest - His club, His rules regardless of charlies level of competence?

Well, do you think it's fair?

Steve the DJ
30-03-2010, 12:38 PM
Dare I ask?

From emdja.co.uk...

Membership will be limited to professionally minded people who

Care about customer service

Care about their equipment

Believe that DJ’s are entertainers, not furniture.

:o

Wayno
30-03-2010, 12:42 PM
And whilst the point is presented,

Do you not have to be registered to be an Association?

I seem to recall a wee hoo-har over another forum using the association in it's name and had to re-brand to alliance...

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for networking and promoting high standards etc but it does give me a headache that every other week there is a new association or disco listing site, c'mon people both have been done to death, why not hold hands and join an established association that stands a chance of eventually having some clout, why get on the motorway at junction 1 when the bus is already at junction 20?!!!! :)

Corabar Entertainment
30-03-2010, 12:43 PM
From emdja.co.uk...

:oAh... the fog clears ;) :D

Wayno
30-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Well, do you think it's fair?

I don't know as I know as much about you and your service as he does but I do know that I would not be so fast to presume that being 17 means your only suitable for younger events and that you only like scouse house.

Hell I did my first wedding when I was 15 and I have never looked back!

Furthermore people get married when they are between the ages of 18 and 25 perhaps they would want a younger DJ?